2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

OK, we are Food and Wine Festival "virgins" and have no idea how this works. So, be gentle with us! I assume there are booths set-up in different areas of the park and then you pay a small fee for the tastes? Kind of like how a local food festival might be run? What are the usual costs of the food items, is it worth the additional costs, and if/when DDP is reinstated, can you use the DP for these food items?
Yes, booths are all around World Showcase and there are even a couple in Future World. Prices vary, anywhere from $4 to $11 for food, a little higher for wine, beer, or other cocktails. You can download an app, WDW Food & Wine, that is very handy. It has all the booths, the offerings and prices, and a map. It really helps when planning out what you want to try. I like to make a list of things I definitely want to try. Disney Food Blog has a whole festival section, with pictures of menu items and reviews.

In the past, food items at the booths were eligible as snack credits on the DDP, which was a great use of those credits. Unfortunately, since there is no DDP right now, I’m just trying to budget for it. They sell gift cards that you can wear on your wrist if you want to budget that way. Or you can charge things back to your room if you are staying on property.

My only other advice would be to pace yourselves, share plates so you can try more, and drink lots of water. Have fun!

Any word on the bands playing after Sept. 27? We will be there on the 28th so very curious.

So I searched the thread an did not see it but I assume they are not selling tasting lanyards this year :(

OK, we are Food and Wine Festival "virgins" and have no idea how this works. So, be gentle with us! I assume there are booths set-up in different areas of the park and then you pay a small fee for the tastes? Kind of like how a local food festival might be run? What are the usual costs of the food items, is it worth the additional costs, and if/when DDP is reinstated, can you use the DP for these food items?
There are fifty million vlogs about it, go to Utube and put in Epcot Food and Wine 2021. The disboards has at least one, I think two maybe. I won't mention all the others but there are a lot out there. There are even Blogs that sell guides for a pretty low price and they also have pictures of everything. I'm not sure I can say the name here, again, google is your friend.

There are fifty million vlogs about it, go to Utube and put in Epcot Food and Wine 2021. The disboards has at least one, I think two maybe. I won't mention all the others but there are a lot out there. There are even Blogs that sell guides for a pretty low price and they also have pictures of everything. I'm not sure I can say the name here, again, google is your friend.
Lots of good info here:
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/

hmm - I checked and there are only 49999987 blogs ;)

Any word on the bands playing after Sept. 27? We will be there on the 28th so very curious.

Wondering the same thing. We really missed the music last year and were looking forward to that returning but wondering why the hold out on announcing entertainment past September.

We lucked out this trip. The last night of our stay in July was the first night of F&W. We cancelled O'hana so we could go and so glad we did! DB and I tried to hit every beer flight and pretty much everything we tried was great. Food too. Definitely glad we finally were in town for this!

WDW website updated to include additional dates and bands for the America Gardens Bandstand:

• October 1 to 4
    Latin Ambition
  • October 8 to 11
    The Champagne Orchestra
  • October 15 to 18
    Summer Breeze
  • October 22 to 25
    The M-80's
  • October 29 to November 1
    Element
  • November 5 to 8
    The Vybe
  • November 12 to 15
    Element

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it appears my hopes for a "phase 2" of the festival with more "normal" F&W events is not in the plans. :sad1: Really hope they're not gone for good - thinking about more than just concerts but also the special lunches at restaurants, celebrity chef appearances, demos, wine tastings etc.

WDW website updated to include additional dates and bands for the America Gardens Bandstand:

• October 1 to 4
    Latin Ambition
  • October 8 to 11
    The Champagne Orchestra
  • October 15 to 18
    Summer Breeze
  • October 22 to 25
    The M-80's
  • October 29 to November 1
    Element
  • November 5 to 8
    The Vybe
  • November 12 to 15
    Element
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/new-epcot-entertainment/

Just googled our "entertainment"--The Champagne Orchestra looks like a pass to me. Really missing the bands/entertainers pre-Covid. :sad2:

I just googled Element, which is during my stay. It's such a common name I'm not sure any of what I found was the correct one, so I have no real idea what kind of band they are. I actually like that they're supporting local bands.

I just googled Element, which is during my stay. It's such a common name I'm not sure any of what I found was the correct one, so I have no real idea what kind of band they are. I actually like that they're supporting local bands.
I agree with you about supporting local bands. I hope they do well and get follow on bookings. This time has been hard financially for most.

I saw element last month. Great show! A group of 4 great singers and an amazing ASL interpreter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter