2020 Watch??

So, I’m Gold and have an OBB for Aug 2020 that I have to change due to DH’s work schedule. Can I change it online on Gold day or will I have to call?
You will have to call on Tuesday to do this. Make sure you tell them you are changing the cruise and not cancelling and rebooking, so that you still keep your OBB benefits. As long as the new cruise is within the 24 month period of your placeholder you are good to go and change!

If you have an OBB that has already been converted to a sailing for summer 2020 can you modify it to a fall 2020 online on Silver Day (if you are silver)
Yes but you will have to call on Wednesday and do this, you can't do it online.

So upset that there is not a 7 - Night Bahamian Cruise from NY for 2020

We were really hoping for the 7 night Thanksgiving cruise from NYC to the Bahamas with a Port Canaveral WDW day. So disappointing that the Magic won't be doing that trip this year. We just booked a 7 night Eastern on the Fantasy for early August instead. I know it will be great, but not the same.

Last edited:
We did this one a few years ago and are doing it again this year. I think we got a great deal for this year's but it's only a 5 night. I'm looking at next year's again - it's a week earlier than this year's (which is better for us), it's 6 nights, AND it's a Very Merrytime Cruise. Win-win-win! :-)
I really can’t wait! I just have some doubts about the ship... I haven’t read good reviews about the Magic... did you go in this ship last time?

I really can’t wait! I just have some doubts about the ship... I haven’t read good reviews about the Magic... did you go in this ship last time?
We were on the Magic last August. Our previous cruise was on the Wonder in August 2016. The Magic has the Rapunzel restaurant as one of the main dining rooms. The restaurant is gorgeous! They have a show during dinner. If you're on a 7 nt cruise they split the show into 2 nights, which I thought worked well as it gave you a little 'down' time to eat/converse with your table. The Magic also has the 'Tangled' musical as one of their stage shows, which is fantastic. (They also have 'Twice Charmed' which is unique to the Magic, and 'Dreams' which is also on the Wonder.)

I really wouldn't have doubts about the ship. We thought all the public areas were kept up well. (Yes, if you're nitpicky, you can probably find some rust/dirt, but it's in the minority, not the majority of the ship.) There are always cast members on the ship cleaning and maintaining all the Disney ships, with a smile for you when you walk by. We loved both our Disney cruises.

We were on the Magic last August. Our previous cruise was on the Wonder in August 2016. The Magic has the Rapunzel restaurant as one of the main dining rooms. The restaurant is gorgeous! They have a show during dinner. If you're on a 7 nt cruise they split the show into 2 nights, which I thought worked well as it gave you a little 'down' time to eat/converse with your table. The Magic also has the 'Tangled' musical as one of their stage shows, which is fantastic. (They also have 'Twice Charmed' which is unique to the Magic, and 'Dreams' which is also on the Wonder.)

I really wouldn't have doubts about the ship. We thought all the public areas were kept up well. (Yes, if you're nitpicky, you can probably find some rust/dirt, but it's in the minority, not the majority of the ship.) There are always cast members on the ship cleaning and maintaining all the Disney ships, with a smile for you when you walk by. We loved both our Disney cruises.
Thank you so much! We booked a last minute deal for a 3 nights to Bahamas in the Dream and we loved it!!! But it was too short and I really want to spend a day at sea as I had no time for trivia, movies or tequila testing!!!
I really like the idea of departing from one port and arriving to another as we have more time to enjoy San Juan!
You can’t imagine how much I appreciate your experience!!

I am actually surprised to read that. She seems to be many people's favorite ship (here on Disboards). Our November cruise will be our 4th on the Magic, the most we cruised on any Disney ship. She doesn't have some things that the new ships do and the atrium can get crowded during parties/activities but I don't have any complaints. I really enjoyed Tangled and Twice Charmed - definitely 2 of my favorites across the 3 DCL ships we've been on.

Having the Dream out of the picture for October has driven Bahamas prices insane. 4 night cruises on the Fantasy went from $2000 up to almost $3000 in less than 20 minutes. Not that having the Dream around seems to be helping other months. 3 nights are $2200+ and 4 nights are $2700+. No thanks, DCL. I'm out until the new ships, if I can afford those.

Having the Dream out of the picture for October has driven Bahamas prices insane. 4 night cruises on the Fantasy went from $2000 up to almost $3000 in less than 20 minutes. Not that having the Dream around seems to be helping other months. 3 nights are $2200+ and 4 nights are $2700+. No thanks, DCL. I'm out until the new ships, if I can afford those.

Whaaaaaaat? :scared: (For how many people?)

Thanks for sharing this! Can I ask, what date in October did you check? My booking window opens on Wednesday, and I'm trying to be prepared [emotionally] to book (hopefully!!!) or have to do something else.

For any other New Yorkers considering the NYC-San Juan Magic cruise but concerned about missing Election Day (not intending to turn this into a political post, just an FYI for everyone regardless of affiliation) New York finally approved early voting starting with the next election. So you should able to go to the early poll site nearest you, cast your ballot and then go enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for sharing this! Can I ask, what date in October did you check? My booking window opens on Wednesday, and I'm trying to be prepared [emotionally] to book (hopefully!!!) or have to do something else.
Someone kindly answered my quote request (on the other thread) and I did not find the quotes to be too far from where I'd expected them to be. Halloween 2020 on the high seas, here we come! 🎃 🎃 🎃

Someone kindly answered my quote request (on the other thread) and I did not find the quotes to be too far from where I'd expected them to be. Halloween 2020 on the high seas, here we come! 🎃 🎃 🎃

I'm happy you were able to find a cruise that suits your time frame and budget!

I’m actually shocked with the price of the cruise to San Juan!!! If I book it for this year is 4500 and next year 6100!!! I know it is one more night but I was not prepared for this increase!!!

I’m actually shocked with the price of the cruise to San Juan!!! If I book it for this year is 4500 and next year 6100!!! I know it is one more night but I was not prepared for this increase!!!

Is that by chance a GTY fare or anything..? Does seem like a lot!

What is GTY?

Its a guarantee fare - you can usually tell since Disney makes is very explicit as they are restricted fares. They'd either be marked with a specific cat & GTY or IGT, OGT or VGT when you are clicking to pick your category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!