2020 SWDAS Online Booking Questions

Hey guys, I did my bookings last night. I was able to get everything, there were a lot of openings for stuff, but there were some surprises also. Since this is a WC there are only 2 sea days. I checked the Palo/Remy brunches for both sea days and there were at least 4 or more openings for both on each day. The second sea day had a couple of more choices than the first sea day. Dinner for both places had a lot of openings. All of the SW character meets were taken on the first sea day, there was no Jedi Training listed on this sea day, which I thought was weird. They also had SW character meets that were all taken on CC day. I thought this was also odd, I personally wouldn't want do it on CC day, especially if it means having to go back to the ship to do it. I never saw SW characters on CC, so I don't know if they had them hidden there or if the people who signed up for it will have to go back to the ship, I personally wouldn't like that. When we did the SW characters they had Chewey and then CP3O and R2D2 all in AP, so we were able to do them back2back will no problem. Darth was in one of the adults club, the Tube I think. We had him later in the day. They didn't have Jedi Training listed on CC day. So, it looks like the Jedi Training is only offered on the SW day. Good news, there were openings for it starting at 8am and going until 3:30, it's offered every 20 or 30 mins(don't remember which). When my dd did it, I want to say there were probably around 30 kids doing it in her group. So for our cruise the only openings for the SW characters were on SW day. I checked for each and there were still a lot of openings. They start at 8am and went until 5:15, offered every 15 mins. Seeing all of the SW meets full on the first sea day and CC day makes me wonder if they don't have as many openings on those days as they do on SW day. My advice if there are only openings for SW meets on the SW day is to take the earliest times you can get. Last year the only opening for Chewey that was left was at 8am. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it that early or not since we aren't really SW fans. I'm glad I did it though, because it was probably the best meet we've ever done on the ship. The person in the outfit was really a lot of fun and was joking around with us. Also doing it early got it done with, so then we were able to do other stuff. I don't have any of the paper navigators from the cruise, but the character drawings and trivia stuff we did were done in the afternoon. I don't know if they had the drawings and other games also in the morning or not. We were able to do the meets and then went to breakfast. We then had the rest of the day to do whatever, we did have dd's Jedi Training in the afternoon. There were all the different alcohol tasting still available. I wanted to do the Liquor and Chocolate one but it was offered on the Grand Cayman day when we are on an excursion and then on one other day and I didn't care for the time of it. Let me know if there's any other questions you may have. I would say, based on our cruise, there were openings for everything, the times for some stuff may not have been exactly when I wanted it, but there are openings.
I know you are not interested in it but since you don't have it booked, what is the latest jedi training academy session available if you wouldn't mind checking?

Thanks so much for the detailed info!!!!

I am leaning toward 9, 9:15, 9:30 character meets and a later jedi if there is one around 5ish. The navigators from last year don't show a whole lot kicking in til about 10am and winding down around 5:15 presumably for dinner.

@lklgoodman one more question for you if you get a chance! Did you happen to notice days/times of the character breakfasts and if there was a lot of availability? Thanks so much for all of your time!!

They are on the first sea day, starting at 8:15 until 10am, offered every 15 mins. Then also on GC day starting at 8:15-9:30. All times available. I never had a problem getting this as a silver. It's not offered on SW day since they do the SW meets there. Also when I just checked about the breakfast, I saw they just added something for SW day. They now have a SW makeover in BBB. It's only on SW day, starting at 9am-8:30 pm, offered every 15mins, with none offered from 12:15-1:00. I will try to check at least once a day to see if any other stuff gets added.

I know you are not interested in it but since you don't have it booked, what is the latest jedi training academy session available if you wouldn't mind checking?

Thanks so much for the detailed info!!!!

I am leaning toward 9, 9:15, 9:30 character meets and a later jedi if there is one around 5ish. The navigators from last year don't show a whole lot kicking in til about 10am and winding down around 5:15 presumably for dinner.

5:15 is the latest they show for ours also. When I did our check in at midnight, they only showed morning times. Then the next morning they had added the afternoon times. See my above post about the SW BBB that was just added for my cruise. If I were you, if they just show morning training time, I would book it just to make sure you get a time. And then the next day see if they add more, keep checking until they have and then you can switch to a later time. Right now for my cruise, every thing that was available when I booked at midnight is still available.

5:15 is the latest they show for ours also. When I did our check in at midnight, they only showed morning times. Then the next morning they had added the afternoon times. See my above post about the SW BBB that was just added for my cruise. If I were you, if they just show morning training time, I would book it just to make sure you get a time. And then the next day see if they add more, keep checking until they have and then you can switch to a later time. Right now for my cruise, every thing that was available when I booked at midnight is still available.
thanks so much for taking the time. I'd definitely book what I could and then hope for better later if they are not adding all availability! I don't think my son is interested in BBB though thank goodness!

thanks so much for taking the time. I'd definitely book what I could and then hope for better later if they are not adding all availability! I don't think my son is interested in BBB though thank goodness!

Yup, $125 for the BBB. I never told my dd about the whole BBB experience until she had outgrown the princess stage, until then I made sure we never walked by it.lol!! On our first cruise in 2014, the princess tea was free. They didn't get all the swag. But my dd loved it. Glad she got to do it when she did, because I wouldn't pay for it.

They are on the first sea day, starting at 8:15 until 10am, offered every 15 mins. Then also on GC day starting at 8:15-9:30. All times available. I never had a problem getting this as a silver. It's not offered on SW day since they do the SW meets there. Also when I just checked about the breakfast, I saw they just added something for SW day. They now have a SW makeover in BBB. It's only on SW day, starting at 9am-8:30 pm, offered every 15mins, with none offered from 12:15-1:00. I will try to check at least once a day to see if any other stuff gets added.

Awesome, we would love to do it on GC day, that’s great to know!! Thank you again!!

Awesome, we would love to do it on GC day, that’s great to know!! Thank you again!!
I was surprised they had it on that day since they usually do them on sea days. But it works out well that there's a later debark at GC so they can. Also good they can do it then since they don't offer it on SW day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter