2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Just as an FYI - Opened a Chrome wait page at 12:10 ...still waiting. Started an Edge browser at 12:45 - got in at 12:48. Chrome is not runDisney friendly it feels like! Good luck to everyone and congratulations for those are in already. :)

Just as an FYI - Opened a Chrome wait page at 12:10 ...still waiting. Started an Edge browser at 12:45 - got in at 12:48. Chrome is not runDisney friendly it feels like! Good luck to everyone and congratulations for those are in already. :)

i was the backup option for another registrant. used chrome. got in the queue at 12:27 and got in at 12:34. so who knows?

I'm finally registered for the half! I opened a link in Firefox at about 11:55 am. After seeing so many get in before me, I opened up a link in Explorer at around 12:40 and got in and registered within 10 minutes. When I finished, I was still in line on Firefox.

Good luck to everyone!!!

I had four windows open on different devices, three Chrome and one Firefox. The Firefox was the charm!

Firefox worked first for me too but it still seems so random.

i was the backup option for another registrant. used chrome. got in the queue at 12:27 and got in at 12:34. so who knows?

This is an example of random it is. Some wait 10 minutes others half an hour. The queue doesn’t seem to have an order to it.

This is an example of random it is. Some wait 10 minutes others half an hour. The queue doesn’t seem to have an order to it.

That was my experience too. My friend got in the queue 10 minutes before me and I was able to register like 20 minutes before her. But we're all in now :-D

I signed my kids up for the 200m dash. Just curious what it’s like...
Do kids dress up like people do for the grown up races?
Do the kids get a medal or ribbon at the end?
Do they try to group them by ages?
Where is the actual “course” for the 200m dash?

I signed my kids up for the 200m dash. Just curious what it’s like...
Do kids dress up like people do for the grown up races?
Do the kids get a medal or ribbon at the end?
Do they try to group them by ages?
Where is the actual “course” for the 200m dash?

I believe the 200m dash is at Wide World of Sports and they do get medals and tshirts. No idea on the grouping. As for dressing up, it's Disney! Of course the kids dress up for them but not all of them, just like the grown up races.

Does anyone know if you can get the AP Princess Logo Pin at the Race Expo? Or is that a specific pre-order only? :eeyore:

Registered for all 3 races!!! And when I tell people that they ALL ask me if I've lost my ever-loving mind :P

AND my running buddy cousin is coming down from Maryland to do the Challenge with me :D

Now we just have to be patient and wait to find out what the medals look like... :rolleyes1 :hourglass

My husband had some flex time with work today. He got me in for the 10k. Now dd and I will both be running. My friend was considering it, but couldn’t commit yet. I’ll be watching to see if any 10k spots come available again. Otherwise, I guess she’ll miss out. Hopefully she’ll come and cheer us on. I have a great husband.

Got my cousin in, so I suppose we’ll be doing the 10k.

I hit the link a few minutes before 9 pacific time and was all done registering her by 35 after. Very stressful bc I was on mobile with the phone in the holder thing, driving my son across town to his ballet intensive, hoping the browser would take me somewhere when we were physically at a decent place to pull over! Thankfully it did exactly that, as we got to the studio and a parking spot was right there. :)

the registration links are live.

If I’d known it was live just as my alarm went off to get ready to register, I would have been happier! Wish I’d checked here. :)

I was in line for approx 25 minutes. But only 3 minutes after registration opened at noon.

*edit* 15 minutes

Nice!

Quick question: This is the first race I’ve done where the race retreat is an option. What is it and is it worth it?

It’s for the Half. It’s a big tent that’s supposed to be more pleasant than being outside (heated if it’s cold, ac if it’s not). There’s food like bagels and coffee before the event, you have your own smaller bag check, and they usually have a gift like socks or something. After the event there’s warm food, massage therapists you can pay cash to for short massages, some characters, and so on.

I did it for my first half, because I was highly post-run-food dependent, where if I didn’t eat something fast my stomach would shut down for most of the day and I’d be weak and sick. I had my aunt watching my son, and she is anti-running, and I needed to look human when I got back to the room.

As it turned out I got dreadfully sick days before the event (two days after my flight) so I *really* needed the food as I’d barely been able to eat before.

It also gave me a chair to sit on while pulling off my compression socks, which, it turned out, had a right and a left side and I put them on opposite in the dark lol.

Nowadays I’m slower so it would be closing shortly after I got there. Not worth it for me right now. Plus I’m not doing the half this year.

Does anyone know if you can get the AP Princess Logo Pin at the Race Expo? Or is that a specific pre-order only? :eeyore:

No one will really know until expo. If you’re interested, buy it. If you hate it, there are many places online to sell princess merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter