2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Anyone know why dca is closing at 5 that day?? I am searching everywhere and just can’t find anything on it...

Question on our first day in park which is Sunday Dec 8 and now see this is a confirmed day for Candlelight Processional.
DS is a big Disney history fan and he is so excited we get to see a portion of this tradition that is so very special.

It sounds like the Chorus walks down Main Street to get to the Train Station where the big setup is for stage/seats/etc.
Thinking that if you could see this march down main street and glimpse of the train station that is best we can manage
and then head out for more rides.

How far back will keep you out of the madness that must be around the front entrance and train station area?
Back by Main Street Cinema, Gibson Girl Ice Cream, or Jolly Holiday, or other spot?

Not finding definite info on the time of day this is either to know........ A) when not to try and get into the park and
B) when to try and get a spot to see the chorus.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.....

Question on our first day in park which is Sunday Dec 8 and now see this is a confirmed day for Candlelight Processional.
DS is a big Disney history fan and he is so excited we get to see a portion of this tradition that is so very special...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.....
This report about last year's CP give lots of information: Candlelight Processional with Chris Pratt - photos and audio Saturday 5:30 showing.
The general crowds are not allowed any further back than just in front of the Emporium and Disney Showcase. Even being back at Carnation Cafe would be too far back on Main Street.

FYI: For those interested in seeing CP, some instagrammers are saying that the choirs start at IASW. This hasn't happened in several years, at least. They now start on Main Street, by the Hub, by the camera shop. If you camp out by IASW waiting to see the choirs, you'll miss them. I'll double check with my choir friends to see where they'll be starting from this year.

Last edited:
A reliable source on Twitter whom I follow (@DLthings) just reported there will be something new at DCA this year called Happy Holidays Cavalcade. He says think similar to Band-Tastic, going past the Festival of Holidays kiosks.

Something to look forward to! Hopefully we'll hear more details soon.

We are going to Disneyland from 11/29-12/6. We have four single day parks and were thinking of 2 at DL and 2 at CA. Since we have a lot of days to play with we were thinking of going to one of the parks on Sunday and then using the rest of our tickets during the weekdays. Since it's during holiday time are they going to show WOC- Season of Lights during the weekdays? And will they have the fireworks on only weekends? Do they have Fantasmic during the weekend or both weekend and weekday?

We are going to Disneyland from 11/29-12/6. We have four single day parks and were thinking of 2 at DL and 2 at CA. Since we have a lot of days to play with we were thinking of going to one of the parks on Sunday and then using the rest of our tickets during the weekdays. Since it's during holiday time are they going to show WOC- Season of Lights during the weekdays? And will they have the fireworks on only weekends? Do they have Fantasmic during the weekend or both weekend and weekday?
While the entertainment calendar hasn't been released for your dates you can tell a lot by looking at the events associated with the different shows. They seem to be doing the WOC dessert party every night you're there but the Fantasmic Dining package only on the weekends. I haven't seen the Believe in Holiday Magic listed as anything other than as a Fireworks Spectacular. I don't know that that necessarily means they're actually doing fireworks every night but it's a little misleading if it doesn't...

Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll cancel the Plaza parade package, we'll just try to find a good spot ahead of time. I think we will book the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package then; I looked at Blue Bayou and I would love it, but my 6-year old can be picky about his food and often times grazes throughout the day rather than eating full meals - at least Hungry Bear is a lot less if he doesn't actually eat the food!

Thanks for the measuring tips too! I double checked today and my little guy is right at 40 inches without shoes, and a little over with shoes. He does tend to duck down under the bar, I think we'll head to the WDW parks in the next week or two to practice!

I posted this in the Nov c/i thread but figured it might get more responses here -

How are the parks on holiday parade filming day? Last couple of years it has been around the 15th. Has anyone been on property for this? We are not interested in the filming, but we will be there that week. The 15th is a Friday so I am thinking they might film on the 14th - but on the 14th there is a DVC event at DCA starting at 9PM but guests can show up as early as 6PM.

How long does filming last? Does it go into the night? Is DCA crazy busy with all the people that do not want to watch the taping?

I was there last year when they filmed the ABC special: filming goes all day. They blocked off the castle, which was annoying. There were more crowds than the previous couple of days, but most of them were waiting to watch the concert (Gwen Stefani, I think?), so I didn't feel like ride wait times were really affected. I didn't try to watch the parade, so not sure if that was crazy busy. And there were bonus fireworks before the scheduled show, so that was a pleasant surprise!

Hey there!
I'm wondering if anybody knows what the schedule usually looks like during the holidays for the night time shows. Our trip is planned for December 15th -22nd with the 15th and 22nd being travel days so we won't be in the park. We are wanting to make sure to see the Fireworks, World of Colour and are hoping to book the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package. But I have read that all of these shows are only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday which in that case we would have to pick 2. Does anybody know if this is true during the holidays as well? Do you know how far in advance the official schedule is released?

My family went in late January 2018 and had a blast, but there were no parades or fireworks due to the construction at the time so we are wanting to make sure to get to the fireworks for sure!

Thanks!

Hey there!
I'm wondering if anybody knows what the schedule usually looks like during the holidays for the night time shows. Our trip is planned for December 15th -22nd with the 15th and 22nd being travel days so we won't be in the park. We are wanting to make sure to see the Fireworks, World of Colour and are hoping to book the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package. But I have read that all of these shows are only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday which in that case we would have to pick 2. Does anybody know if this is true during the holidays as well? Do you know how far in advance the official schedule is released?

My family went in late January 2018 and had a blast, but there were no parades or fireworks due to the construction at the time so we are wanting to make sure to get to the fireworks for sure!

Thanks!
Hi. We are there the same dates and was wondering the same. I took a screen shot last year for the same time period and it showed Fantasmic on all nights. I am hoping that it will be the same.

We are also waiting on concierge services and they indicated that the entertainment schedule could be 30 days out .... I am hoping for sooner

We’re only 22 days out from our visit and the entertainment schedule still isn’t complete for our dates (no shows at all confirmed at DCA) which is making planning difficult!

We’re only 22 days out from our visit and the entertainment schedule still isn’t complete for our dates (no shows at all confirmed at DCA) which is making planning difficult!

I have been able to book the WOC dessert package for mid December. Not sure if that helps 😊

I was there last year when they filmed the ABC special: filming goes all day. They blocked off the castle, which was annoying. There were more crowds than the previous couple of days, but most of them were waiting to watch the concert (Gwen Stefani, I think?), so I didn't feel like ride wait times were really affected. I didn't try to watch the parade, so not sure if that was crazy busy. And there were bonus fireworks before the scheduled show, so that was a pleasant surprise!

I've been there 2 years ago while they were filming and anything else but Main Street was dead. No line for Jack Skellington even. He wandered in the store because he was so bored.

I have been able to book the WOC dessert package for mid December. Not sure if that helps 😊
Thanks- there is World of Colour for our dates and I’ve been able to make our dining reservations but I’m predominantly waiting on the shows section to be filled out - ie frozen at the Hyperion. Surely they know what their schedule is 3 weeks out!?

Thanks- there is World of Colour for our dates and I’ve been able to make our dining reservations but I’m predominantly waiting on the shows section to be filled out - ie frozen at the Hyperion. Surely they know what their schedule is 3 weeks out!?
Looks like you can book Frozen dining packages into December so hopefully that indicates that it will still be showing just no idea how many shows per day. Crossing fingers that the schedule is updated soon for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter