• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

I think the problem is that there aren't enough ships to do all the itineraries that people would want. DCL has only four, other cruise lines have a lot more. At least they'll have five in 2021 and six in 2023. I look forward to seeing what they have available for the 2023-2024 brochure.

I did end up booking the EBTA despite my reservations about the time changes. I moved my panama to this cruise. It was 800.00 less and I'm in an 9B vs 11b. Since the cruise ends the day before Memorial day weekend I should be able to take half of the following week off which will give me some recovery time. I have gone to Europe flown back and worked the next day not a fun experience at all. I put a hold on the British Isles, but I'll probably pass and wait on the WBTA. Dover is not the easiest place to cruise out of especially for such a short cruise.

Do the prices lower, as you get closer?

Sometimes depending on popularity... if we had waited till now to book our cruise this June we would have saved a couple grand. I wish I was joking but I knew the risk and didn't want to wait and see if they offered restricted fares.

Sometimes depending on popularity... if we had waited till now to book our cruise this June we would have saved a couple grand. I wish I was joking but I knew the risk and didn't want to wait and see if they offered restricted fares.
Can't you cancel and rebook? You would only be out your deposit. They will transfer the money paid from one reservation to the other.

Can't you cancel and rebook? You would only be out your deposit. They will transfer the money paid from one reservation to the other.

Edit: no, I looked again and I think you are right. My case is more complicated - there are reasons I can't rebook, but most people should be able to do exactly that. I am after PIF date and a little over 90 days out on a foreign port departure.

Last edited:
I'm excited to book. Scared of the price, but dealing with it. LOL

ETA: I have a placeholder booked - is it easier to give that confirmation number off the bat, or ask for the cruise you want first?

We cancelled both our reservations -- one for the Southern Caribbean and one for the EBTA. The prices were way out of our comfort zone, but also didn't want 7 sea days in the very beginning of a cruise. I like the WBTA where you get the sea days at the end or throughout.

Thanks! I will keep checking! Ours is in November though, so I'm not sure the prices will drop so close to the cruise date?

Thanks! I will keep checking! Ours is in November though, so I'm not sure the prices will drop so close to the cruise date?

Often they do it even closer - many times not until you would be past your pay in full date though. There is the rub.. :(

Can an existing reservation be transferred to Costco, does it do you any good to transfer one that was booked yesterday?

Can an existing reservation be transferred to Costco, does it do you any good to transfer one that was booked yesterday?

Yes, Costco will still give you a gift card representing approximately 8% of your base cruise fare, once you have completed your cruise. Call and ask them to send you the transfer form.

We booked the 7 night British Isles hoping to do a B2B with the Wbta. But looking at the Magic's history wouldn't it be due for the mandatory dry dock (twice every 5 years but not longer than 3 years). The Magic was last in dry dock in Sept. 2015 I think. They would probably send it to Spain & the do the WBTA after.

Yes, Costco will still give you a gift card representing approximately 8% of your base cruise fare, once you have completed your cruise. Call and ask them to send you the transfer form.

I believe the reservation has to be transferred within 30 days of booking, so don't wait too long.

This is probably a silly question but can you do that if you are going to use DVC points?

No. The only thing I would suggest would be to "rent" out your DVC points. Then take that money and book your cruise with cash. It has been YEARS since I've analyzed that scenario, but I seem to recall it being much more economical versus booking with points. Having said that though - I realize most people don't want to fool with this.

costco still hasn't sent the form, they seemed totally confused yesterday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter