2018 Princess Half Marathon

I have another question for you guys. How many days do you guys usually stay for these sorts of trips? Do you treat it as a regular Disney vacation or just stay for the race time only? I was thinking of going Wednesday - Tuesday myself but I am just curious.

This year we were there the whole week before because we took a multi-family Feb break trip. Next year I'm not sure yet. If it's just me going, I will go Fri to Mon. If my DH and kids come along we will probably do Fri to Fri. Maybe Thurs to Thurs if the prices are significantly better. We have to fly to get there.

I have another question for you guys. How many days do you guys usually stay for these sorts of trips? Do you treat it as a regular Disney vacation or just stay for the race time only? I was thinking of going Wednesday - Tuesday myself but I am just curious.

I can only afford one WDW trip a year, so I fly in the night before the expo and leave a few days after the half. I'd really recommend having your vacation after the races, if you're planning to stay longer.

I've been flying out at night on the Wednesday, arriving on Thursday for the expo and leaving on Monday. First year I did the 5 and 10K, and this year I did all 3 events. Next year I'm only planning on the challenge, so I'm not sure when I'll arrive since I could go to the expo on Friday. Because of my cousin's circumstances we haven't hit the parks on our trips, so it's not a normal park-containing trip.

I'd really recommend having your vacation after the races, if you're planning to stay longer.

YES. Get there so you can hit the expo and get your bib(s), go easy in the parks, then have the bulk of your fun after.

We fly in Thursday morning/afternoon so we can hit the Expo & packet pick-up, then do the races Fri-Sat-Sun, park days Mon-Tues-Weds, fly home on Thursday. I think next year we'll be planning to stay one extra day longer since we're combining a multi-family vacation with the races.

I can only afford one WDW trip a year, so I fly in the night before the expo and leave a few days after the half. I'd really recommend having your vacation after the races, if you're planning to stay longer.

This is me, if I go for the races its the only Disney trip I would be taking. Thanks everyone for your responses!

And now they have changed the mile (for January weekend too) to "one mile run" instead of "Mickey Mile".

Didn't notice that. Thanks for the info. Wonder why, I've only seen a different medallion for that race (vs the regular kids races) back a year's ago during marathon weekend.

I have a confession.

I got on the dreadmill tonight for the first time in a LONG time. (I trained up to the last long run for TOT 10 miler on the treadmill in 2013 and never wanted to step foot on it again)

And...I loved it.

Also, I did it. Which is 100% better than not doing it. :) I don't love running outside alone, and I finally realized that I despise the little upstairs track at my YMCA with its sharp turns and people walking in the "jog" and "run" lanes.

So I finally convinced myself to get on that treadmill, and woo! Back in business. :)

Now let's just hope I remember to register on DVC day. Otherwise my cousin is running this thing along next year LOL.

Last edited:
I have a confession.

I got on the dreadmill tonight for the first time in a LONG time. (I trained up to the last long run for TOT 10 miler on the treadmill in 2013 and never wanted to step foot on it again)

And...I loved it.

Also, I did it. Which is 100% better than not doing it. :) I don't love running outside alone, and I finally realized that I despise the little upstairs track at my YMCA with it's sharp turns and people walking in the "jog" and "run" lanes.

So I finally convinced myself to get on that treadmill, and woo! Back in business. :)

Now let's just hope I remember to register on DVC day. Otherwise my cousin is running this thing along next year LOL.

Great job getting out there or in there I guess, lol. I'm the complete opposite. I hate the treadmill and love running alone outside :-)

Great job getting out there or in there I guess, lol. I'm the complete opposite. I hate the treadmill and love running alone outside :-)

I thought I hated the treadmill. I did for a good long time.

But since I also hate the outside alone thing (I just get super nervous...doesn't help that I use the zombies run app lol), the running just wasn't getting done.

Maybe I'll hate it again today. But yesterday it worked. :)

Anyone know when the Galloway training calendar PDFs will update to reflect the 2018 Princess 1/2 marathon training dates instead of 2017?

Anyone know when the Galloway training calendar PDFs will update to reflect the 2018 Princess 1/2 marathon training dates instead of 2017?

Best guess is probably a few days after the 2018 registration goes live and people know what races they are doing.

Do we know which Princess is "featured", when the registration goes live?

Coming all along from germany, there are only a few princesses, I would travel that far for "just" a HM :)

Ran in '15 (well... ran/stumbled/crawled) and am getting the tickle to run again in '18. Even if I can't talk the BF into a full DW vacation (unlikely!) I could just breeze down for a few days.

$200 is a lot to commit to right now, though, ugh. why you do me like this, Disney?

Do we know which Princess is "featured", when the registration goes live?

Coming all along from germany, there are only a few princesses, I would travel that far for "just" a HM :)
Last year, before registration, they put a picture out on social media (emailed it as well) with "registration tips" - Belle's silhouette was in the background. So it wasn't a direct confirmation but it was a pretty big hint (link here).

They may do something similar this year, but no one knows for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter