2018 FSA Flex Acct/Medical reinbursement

Last year DH accidentally put funds in Medical instead of Dependent Care and I had no idea until I went to submit for DS’s summer camp reimbursement. And we had exactly $10 in medical for a co-pay. So we need to get that spent by March since we can only carryover $500 and we’ll lose the rest.

I already claimed $182 and its only month#1. DD got the flu so it added 2 visits plus meds. I went to doctors and got a slip for Flex acct for acupuncture and medical massage for my sciatica. Need some advil cold and sinus for sinus pain :/ Not sure if I'm getting a cold or allergy or a mix of both

I already claimed $182 and its only month#1. DD got the flu so it added 2 visits plus meds. I went to doctors and got a slip for Flex acct for acupuncture and medical massage for my sciatica. Need some advil cold and sinus for sinus pain :/ Not sure if I'm getting a cold or allergy or a mix of both

We have claimed about $750 so far, but that is pretty normal for us. We usually claim all our FSA money by March but we might actually make it to April the way we are going (and we max out).

Your plan requires letters from the Doctor? Ours is honor system, company doesn't care. And my CPA says the IRS is never going to audit you for the little bit of money they would get if they found you bought disallowed items.
My card gets locked if I don't provide documentation.

Submitted my receipt for my massage therapy at the Hotel Hershey and the reimbursement request has been approved. Also, submitted my orthodontics receipt so we only have $500 remaining in our FSA for this year which is ok since last year we only had one co-pay of $10.

Just had to add this...I made a $700 payment towards my dd's braces (paid them off). We submitted the receipt to our FSA the next day and they denied it saying they need to see evidence that the braces are 'medically necessary' :crazy2:

Update: I got a copy of the contract and sent that in. Then they paid up!

We have claimed over $1000 so far this year...dh just had a sleep study, he is also having an eye surgery end of Feb, and both dd's are having wisdom teeth removed. By mid-March, the FSA funds, which we maxed out, will all be spent.

Ours is really strict too. They deny a lot of claims even with documentation. It's like they want to test how much you really want your money back so we always plan on having to submit twice. It's so weird how it really varies from company to company and some people are able to claim expenses that don't even qualify.

Submitted my receipt for my massage therapy at the Hotel Hershey and the reimbursement request has been approved. Also, submitted my orthodontics receipt so we only have $500 remaining in our FSA for this year which is ok since last year we only had one co-pay of $10.
Just wondering did you have a prescription for the massage?

sounds like a hassle.

Today I filled out paperwork for my mileage. Plus I'm ready to submit another claim for $82. Once I submit it will be total claimed $278.77

I've been eating healthier and I've been feeling better so hopefully that will cut down on massage therapy and accupunture and of course RX meds.

Nope, my Fed FSA did not require any additional documentation besides the receipt.
You're lucky!! I don't think mine would cover it, but what do I have to lose if I'm getting the massage anyway, maybe I'll try to submit and see what happens.

You're lucky!! I don't think mine would cover it, but what do I have to lose if I'm getting the massage anyway, maybe I'll try to submit and see what happens.
That’s what I did. And now I know for the future since I love massages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter