2018 Disney Magic cruises leaving from Brooklyn?

The only thing I can say about this is that when we sailed out of Vancouver to Alaska a few years ago, Disney had the wrong pier listed on their website and on all correspondence to us passengers until about 6 weeks before we sailed. I forget the names/numbers of the piers there, but one pier has a very nice hotel attached, maybe called Canada Place, and you can have the bellman take your luggage and all you have to do is go downstairs and thru the tunnel and board the ship. This is where Disney was saying the ship would leave from. For some reason, I had gone to the ports website and they were showing a different pier--not that close to the one that Disney said we were using. So I contact Disney and they said that Disney was correct. I figured that the Port Authority would know better and contacted Disney again. Finally, Disney admitted their information was wrong. We were actually sailing from the less desirable pier that was in a more industrial area.

Normally Disney did sail from Canada Place, but this was a 9-night sailing leaving right after coming from San Diego and San Francisco and the berths at Canada Place were already taken up.

I have often wondered if I had not pushed and pushed for them to verify their information if DCL would have ever figured it out and what might have happened to those that arrived at the wrong pier.

So, I am not saying that DCL has it wrong in this instance, but I can personally say that it has been known to happen.

Not sure where that info came from of if it is true. Brooklyn would be way easier to get in and out of than Manhattan and you would have the same views. I think this would be a good thing but I find it hard to believe

You absolutely would NOT have the same views! Sailing from Manhattan you sail down the Hudson (60-70 blocks worth of interesting buildings, etc.) past the Freedom Tower, Statue of Liberty, etc. The Brooklyn terminal is already located very far south of Battery Park (southern most location of Manhattan). In addition you are already past the Statue of Liberty - so don't think you would have much of a view of it.

"Brooklyn would be way easier to get in and out of" of course depends on where you are coming from! In my case, Manhattan is MUCH closer. And Manhattan Terminal is so much more scenic than the Brooklyn Terminal!

I do think it is a mistake on that website's part as Disney's itineraries are showing NYC -- which to me would be Manhattan and not Brooklyn. Honestly, I never knew you could get a cruise from Brooklyn as all the departures I look or from New York never list Brooklyn - only Manhattan and Cape Liberty, NJ.

I do think it is a mistake on that website's part as Disney's itineraries are showing NYC -- which to me would be Manhattan and not Brooklyn. Honestly, I never knew you could get a cruise from Brooklyn as all the departures I look or from New York never list Brooklyn - only Manhattan and Cape Liberty, NJ.

Cunard, Princess, and the top line (Regent, etc.) cruises sail from Brooklyn.

Cunard, Princess, and the top line (Regent, etc.) cruises sail from Brooklyn.

When I have looked for cruises on those sites, and departure ports, I have never seen anything come up for Brooklyn. Princess doesn't list it as an option at all :confused3

Technically, the 5 boroughs are NYC.So Brooklyn technically would be NYC. However, to us true New Yorkers, the city is Manhattan.

As mentioned Red Hook is a fairly busy cruise port. My parents sailed out of there this past Fall on the Queen Mary (I did not like the drive, the terminal or the port area at all)

MJ

Well NYC meaning Brooklyn won't technically be wrong...Although I am from Manhattan which is what I refer to as NYC!

My husband law office is in Brooklyn but by the Brooklyn Bridge. We would be okay with Brooklyn, because we would park at his daily parking lot and a get a ride over. We live in New Jersey and I worked in Manhattan for over ten years, so NYC is convenient for us no planes. But it's not a vacation draw.

Out of Brooklyn you would see lower Manhattan, Statue of Liberty and still sail under Verranzano Bridge.

But, I can completely understand others feelings,especial if you have never been to NYC.

We are sailing out of NYC this October and next year too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter