• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Release Watch :)

Okay, thanks! Room only isn't good for the entire stay either right? Not just in those Sun-Thurs. dates, but anytime? If you check in on the last day, it won't cover the rest of the stay?

That looks to be the case. I just tried a couple of mock bookings and any part of the dates beyond 04/08 brought me to the standard rates. Then I did 04/01 - 04/08 and it compared the discounts.

That looks to be the case. I just tried a couple of mock bookings and any part of the dates beyond 04/08 brought me to the standard rates. Then I did 04/01 - 04/08 and it compared the discounts.
Oh well. :/
Thanks for sharing the information!

Hi all,

Quick question. If it wasn't for these boards, how are people notified about the visa discount? I know someone who has the visa Disney card and she never received an email or anything from them. Some people don't know about this board, how are they supposed to find out about Disney visa discount that came out today? Just curious if the person I know was supposed to get an email and didn't. Thanks much.

Hi all,

Quick question. If it wasn't for these boards, how are people notified about the visa discount? I know someone who has the visa Disney card and she never received an email or anything from them. Some people don't know about this board, how are they supposed to find out about Disney visa discount that came out today? Just curious if the person I know was supposed to get an email and didn't. Thanks much.
I had gotten an email by 7:00 PM the day it started. (Although we all started booking at 7AM)

Exactly. I know I shouldn't count on a good discount, but deep down, I was.
Yeah. The discounts were not great. I booked YC which is supposedly 25% but the standards weren't available (first hour of the discounts relseased) so the savings was barely 20% off the rack that was available the day before. I was expecting 25-30% for Deluxe so it did not feel like much of a discount... At this point, i have decided to go Mod instead, which is very unusual for me, but it is for January and we wont even use the pool, so I am not feeling the 'worth it' factor on this trip.

Hi all,

I received an email from Disney Visa around 7:30 last evening. Thankfully this board had good information and I booked right at 7 am yesterday morning.

Hi all,

The emails are inconsistent at best. Between my wife and I, we have 4 Disney Visa cards (we each have both version) and have heard nothing. The boards is the way to find out - even if rumors hasn't leaked some people call every day and ask and once it's released would post here. He communication on the visa deals are terrible unfortunately.

The emails are inconsistent at best. Between my wife and I, we have 4 Disney Visa cards (we each have both version) and have heard nothing. The boards is the way to find out - even if rumors hasn't leaked some people call every day and ask and once it's released would post here. He communication on the visa deals are terrible unfortunately.
Our email came from Disney, not Visa. Make sure you have opted into promo emails from Disney.

I had a preferred room already booked at POR, all that was available was Pool, River, RR, and Garden View. Standard and Preferred were not available. This was as soon as the phones opened this morning. I don't know how you got preferred at POR, but consider yourself very lucky. I gave up my discount, because that's the room type I need.

Yes, I am feeling very thankful for the room and discount I got today! Are you going to try to call back after it opens to the public - to see if any preferred rooms open up? Wishing you the best of luck if you do! :-)

In case this isn't already on this thread (I didn't have time to read every page!), thought I'd post this here. Info gotten directly off the Disney Visa website:

Book select rooms, most nights, January 1, 2017, to April 8, 2017

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort

Save 15% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort—Family Suites Save 15%

Save 20% (Sun – Thurs Only):
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside

Save 25%:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Save 15%:
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Save 25%:
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Studios Only)

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas—Jambo House and Kidani Village

Best of luck to everyone with their reservations!

We booked our vacation in July 2016, for January 17 - January 28 at the Polynesian standard room with the Disney Dining Plan. When I called yesterday to apply the Visa discount, I would've saved about $900 on the same package which I thought was decent. We ended up just upgrading to deluxe dining which was a $185 difference.

Last edited:
Yes, I am feeling very thankful for the room and discount I got today! Are you going to try to call back after it opens to the public - to see if any preferred rooms open up? Wishing you the best of luck if you do! :-)

Oh yes! I'm not giving up yet! I have heard from a lot of people (not Disney) that the room types and resorts available are very fluid. I'm actually checking every day.

I originally had 9 nights booked in a standard at CSR/park hopper, memory maker, DDP maker for 4 adults at 6737.56. Had to switch to CB as they had no standard rooms available at CSR when I called at 7:45 am.
total for

4 adult
CB standard 9 nights
10 day PH tickets
DDP
MM
savings $1113.40!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not super excited about the room only discount (if I can even get it on Monday). We want to stay at POFQ/POR and the discount is only 10%. The only 3 days of our trip would be discounted (due to their Sun-Thursday only discount) so it saves me a whopping $75ish. It would be better for us if they offered the SPD during our trip which is end of March.

I'm not super excited about the room only discount (if I can even get it on Monday). We want to stay at POFQ/POR and the discount is only 10%. The only 3 days of our trip would be discounted (due to their Sun-Thursday only discount) so it saves me a whopping $75ish. It would be better for us if they offered the SPD during our trip which is end of March.

Oh my god!!! Just used the 25% off discount from my visa!!! Smacked the price way down!! IM FEELING THE MAGIC :mickeyjum

I'm jealous. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter