2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very (im)patiently waiting! Fist time hoping to get free dining. Is it normally always for preffered rooms only?

We've always been able to book standard at values. Last year when I booked the bounceback at POR, Standard rooms weren't available for my dates but Garden rooms were. I could have switched to CBR in a standard room but opted to stay at POR.

The dining brochure still states "kids must order from the kid's menu where available," BUT they are not enforcing it at most QS places. They could put it back into practice at any time.

They really have no way to track whether the quick serve was applied to a kids meal or adult meal like they do on the table service meals. If you get a printout of your remaining meals left you will notice that it only states how many quick service are left whereas the table service will specify exactly how many adult and child table service meals are left.

For those who booked BB were you able to book a value? When I went back through the the hotel papers and found the BB (months after our stay), it stated MODS and Deluxe with regular dining plan as FD. Curious if they will try to cut out value resorts..? Or if they just simply didn't state it as to try to upsell.

Where's the best place to find the date when it's released? Any tips on how to know the date to reserve fd? Someone will have to know beforehand right?

For those who booked BB were you able to book a value? When I went back through the the hotel papers and found the BB (months after our stay), it stated MODS and Deluxe with regular dining plan as FD. Curious if they will try to cut out value resorts..? Or if they just simply didn't state it as to try to upsell.
I don't think they've mentioned the values in the bb offer for the past few years, but they're still a bookable option. You just have to ask.

Just curious for those of you who booked the free dining with a BB offer, what were the dates that you were at Disney that the BB offer was free dining?

Just curious for those of you who booked the free dining with a BB offer, what were the dates that you were at Disney that the BB offer was free dining?
The offer came out last year around late July/early August and I think it was available to be booked until sometime in October.

They really have no way to track whether the quick serve was applied to a kids meal or adult meal like they do on the table service meals. If you get a printout of your remaining meals left you will notice that it only states how many quick service are left whereas the table service will specify exactly how many adult and child table service meals are left.

I understand that. They do still know that you have x number adults and x number kids and they can tell you at the point of sale that you cannot get x+1,2,3 or more adult meals because you only have x adults. What opened this wide up was their decision to allow DDP users to use their credits for people not on the plan. That is what allows you to get adult meals with kid credits, because you can buy x+1,2,3 adult meals at one time. Since they do not keep the adult and child QS separate AT THIS TIME, it is a loop hole they have created. If/when they decide they don't like giving away adult meals for the child price, they will fix the system either by separating the credits or reinstating the "rule" of not using DDP for others not on the plan.

Thank you, explains why I missed the offer as we left mid July. Looks like I need to plan better!
And now that I think about it, the booklet that I received in my room last mid/late August still had the previous room only bb listed. FD wasn't listed as an option, I just knew it was an option because other people from the dis had booked it, so that's why I asked about it and booked it too.

Just started following the thread as we have just decided to take a trip in December. From what I can tell, we are expecting an announcement at the end of April for FD?

I booked mine on Oct 30, 2015, and believe that was the last day to book.

We changed our dates to Oct1-10th and I couldn't find a standard room for a moderate for those dates :(. So confused as to what to do now.

If free dining does become available and I don't upgrade for the quick service to regular dining at time of booking, do i jeopardize loosing my discount? Is it easy to upgrade the dining plan after the fact?

Yes, I have a FD BB booked at a value, Pop.

If free dining does become available and I don't upgrade for the quick service to regular dining at time of booking, do i jeopardize loosing my discount? Is it easy to upgrade the dining plan after the fact?
It's easy to upgrade your dining or tickets after the fact. It's even easy to change your resort and room category if there is availability. It's much harder to add or subtract days from your resort stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter