2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand we're back!

I'm getting the message
  • Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.
Probably just giving me false hope!
Same, come on FD!!!!

This is the first morning that I got message that items in my cart are no longer available.

So I thought to kill time I would be able to possible look into a different ADR for one of my days, and the site isn't even letting me do that.....:fish:

Just so everyone knows, I'm trying to Mod/Change my package to get free dinning and this is the error message I am receiving at the moment:

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call (407) 939-1936. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Am I the only one thinking that the DVC holders will be waking up soon (in about a hour) to get on the line with Disney, and because we have no actual clarification and the site is being Goofy (Mickey really needs to straighten him out) that us GP FDers are curious that It is released today because how the site is, calls as well and the phone lines become a complete disaster?

Which phone number is everyone planning on using? I have 3 numbers written down, and they're all different from the number on the Disney website. Is there a special number for Disney visa?

Trying to get all my ducks in a row this morning. :D

update: I have my Change Reservation button back, but when I click it I get the following message:

We're Working on It

Our systems are unavailable as they are currently undergoing maintenance. Rest assured, we'll be back soon, so please try again later

Just so everyone knows, I'm trying to Mod/Change my package to get free dinning and this is the error message I am receiving at the moment:

To modify or cancel your reservation, please call (407) 939-1936. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
I alsO noticed that my "moDify/change/cancel resErvation button is Gone. ...it said i have to call! And noTiced it Doesnt even lEt me see my current balance balance. ..also, just to see what happened, i tried to make a new reservation and also got an error message. ..what is gOing on? :worship::surfweb::confused3

I'm hopeful. I'm ready to get this over with! Tired of stressing over it. No FD means no trip, and my dd requested a Disney trip for her 16th bday. I've taught her well. :p

I have no doubt in my mind that DVC card holders will be able to book....but right now I'm not sure if today will just go straight to GP.

I just got off the phone with my agent and she made it sound like she thought, based on what she heard, that it would be Disney Visa or nothing til Monday.
She also said there are lots of possible dates floating around but didn't give me any clues as to other possibilities.

did you book with a TA?

Long time lurking, first time posting here.

Thanks everyone for all of the great info! Currently planning a surprise trip for
Wife, G(8), B(14 mo.) for Dec. '16. Impatiently waiting for FD like everyone else. Got my DV in the mail a few weeks ago so hopefully that will help my chances.

Wife has no idea I'm doing this. Our last vacation was about 3 years ago to WDW for a week with our then-5y.o. daughter and we had a blast! Wife has been dropping subtleties that we are due for another vacation soon. I figure she has given me a healthy baby boy since then so she's definitely earned it. I'm going to wait and surprise her and the kids about 2 weeks before we leave.

***question to any/all wives and moms out there***:
Would you appreciate being surprised only 2-weeks before a vacation? Or would it be more of a stress-inducing situation? She is self employed and getting time off from work is not an issue for her. I am secretly handling everything from calling her clients and rescheduling them for before or after we are away, got the DV without telling her because I don't want to raise suspicions, booking and planning resort, 180 day ADR, 60 day fast pass, packing lists, dog sitter, etc.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter