2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Disney Visa and haven't gotten any info for FD. When I go to the Disney Visa website it doesn't list FD under current special offers. What am I doing wrong?
Same here. I he had a DV for several months now and didn't get any notifications from them whatsoever that this was available today. Luckily I was online at 4:00am and didn't need DV.

Several people on here were kind enough to share the link to the DV discount page. It's back there somewhere if you need it.

Ethics?? Ok, anyways...... They just found mine last month, they are going strong. For those who just booked today and can't find any ADRs, try it!!

Yes, there've been long and impassioned discussions about the rightness/wrongness of using ADR Sniper-type services, but of course it's all moot now that Disney has layeth down the smack. As I said, no judgment here on the ethics, just a mention that such services are, to my knowledge, no more.

Thank
Hi Cat Lady,

I see you're another Coronado fan! We've enjoyed the FD promo for the past three years; hang in there, we've never had a problem with availability.

NF
Thanks it is just upsetting that I can't seem to get it and every year I have not had a problem and I have the disney visa. I really hope they release more rooms.

Ok thanks. My TA is working on it. Poor girl she's been on the phone all day for her clients.

Side note- someone said they applied for a Disney visa online, got approved and used it to secure FD today?? Should I dare?!? Right now I'm looking at $2,000 more than we were planning which is.... A lot of money.
Yes. I did and wound up getting free dining in a preferred room at cbr! I'm excited and exhausted...totally worth signing up for.

Be aware that the availability is different EVERYWHERE. My TA couldn't see/book CBR standard rooms, but I could, and the CM on the phone with her was seeing different things than she was. I see the two different availabilities for standard and DV, but it seems like everyone is looking at a different database.
Same for me. They couldn't see it or access it so I booked a 2nd room for my sil while I was on the phone with Disney. They told me if I see it to take it immediately. So I did

I need your opinion I was able to reserve yacht club garden view for 5
Nights with fd for $3371.46 and I also reserved Disney Wilderness Lodge standard room for 7 nights with FD for 3083.42. That's a huge difference. 2 extra days for less. We always stay at yc or bc because we love the pool, but the price for dwl is tempting. I know that the resort is going through refurbishment. Is that why the price is so low? What do you all think?
$3,083 for 7 days at Wilderness sounds like an awesome deal. I had my eye on WL for our trip in Dec. and it was going to cost me twice that w/FD. Only difference is I'm 8nights.

Yes but what are the dates I've gotten no hits on 9/28-10/4 I'm going anyway AoA family suite but would've loved to move to a mod with free dining or just keep what I had with free dining

I am going those dates and there was nada....until I went through Disney visa and then a whole world of free dining opened up

Checking to see if anyone managed to get FD at any monorail resorts for a regular room....

Poly
GF
CT

Anyone? Bueller???

And more specifically in November...

I got the standard room for GF, but on Oct 1. For my dates, that was the only thing at any of the monorail resorts and the only room type.

Forgive me if this was already asked and answered, but I'm over 50 pages behind and can't catch up. I was online at 4:30 this morning and got the best deal that I could at that time. My preferred resort and room category were in my cart initially, but after being frozen for longer than I could take, I ended up booking another resort on a different device. The original offer in my cart was gone. I'll make due with what I got, but after receiving an email from Disney that alludes to a DV offer, I'm wondering if there's really a cardholder offer that's better than what's offered to the general public. It doesn't look like it, but maybe more rooms are set aside for us. Does anyone know if there's benefit in looking into the DV offer?

Forgive me if this was already asked and answered, but I'm over 50 pages behind and can't catch up. I was online at 4:30 this morning and got the best deal that I could at that time. My preferred resort and room category were in my cart initially, but after being frozen for longer than I could take, I ended up booking another resort on a different device. The original offer in my cart was gone. I'll make due with what I got, but after receiving an email from Disney that alludes to a DV offer, I'm wondering if there's really a cardholder offer that's better than what's offered to the general public. It doesn't look like it, but maybe more rooms are set aside for us. Does anyone know if there's benefit in looking into the DV offer?

Sooooooo who saved what$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The free dining saved us about $1,500 on our 10 day trip! However, to be honest, if it weren't for free dining we wouldn't have gotten the park hoppers and would have only done a 7 or 8 day trip so the savings is really closer to $1,000. This way though, we can stay longer and still save money! We could save another $100 if we switch to ASMu from Pop(now seeing availability that wasn't available this morning) but my husband likes the idea of trying Pop since we've never stayed there. Any opinions on this? I've heard that Pop can be very crowded and have very long bus lines. Would it be better to save the $100 and switch our reservation to ASMu? We'll be in a standard room at either resort.

Book early. Modify when it's announced. That way you get your adrs at 180 plus 10. Just try to be within historical fd room selection.

If you go each year bounce back free dining and this day becomes pure entertainment.

Is there a way to check for a bounce back offer when you're there? Or can you only get it if they gave you the info when you check in? Sometimes we have had a flyer about bounce back with our check-in documents, but more often there is nothing.

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know I survived last night! :teeth: As soon as FD dropped I was on the computer checking options for about half an hour and then I headed to bed to try and get some sleep. I originally was pretty upset I couldn't get anything for my dates but we managed to get a king bed room at CBR three weeks earlier than planned. I wouldn't normally be upset about going earlier but it's in September instead of October and we really dislike the heat. But then once I slept on it a bit I realized that it would be nicer to have lower crowds and three weeks probably won't make that much of a difference in the weather anyways. Thanks for keeping me company all last night and I hope stuff starts opening up for those who were not able to get anything that worked for them!

Oh by the way we are booked September 10-20 at CBR! Guess I better change my ticker huh? :P

Is there a way to check for a bounce back offer when you're there? Or can you only get it if they gave you the info when you check in? Sometimes we have had a flyer about bounce back with our check-in documents, but more often there is nothing.

There's an insert in the room information folder.

I have not been able to get through all day. Need to cancel two reservations I made this morning. All I get is a busy signal or all circuits are busy. Hard to believe that at least once I would not get through.

So happy and excited for everyone that got what they wanted! I opted late last night not to do FD after major number crunching and meal calculations. I am taking that amazing offer from Magical vacations, which gets us at poly for 6 nights and 5 day tickets for 2317! We haven't used PH in 10 years. We are foodies, but like to share meals do there is more room for more! So it made loads more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter