2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

Did anyone ask today about the Eat to the Beat concert dining packages?

Can I ask how?
I used several methods. I acquired Target gift cards that I either earned FREE from doing rewards programs (ShopKick, Swagbucks and Perk) or bought at a discount from Raise, Cardpool and/or CardCash. Then I used those to purchase eBay gift cards (from Target) which I then turned around and used to buy Target gift cards from eBay, earning 2-10% in eBucks on each purchase. Then I would repeat the process, earning eBucks with each "churn". When I added up my totals, I spent $2242.56 in cash out of pocket and ended up with a combination of Disney and Southwest Airlines gift cards valued at $3615. I also earned 1-2% additional cash from eBates with each purchase. Unfortunately, this method no longer works because eBay no longer sells Target gift cards.

There is a HUGE thread on the Budget Board (called Disney Gift Card Deals) and it is updated on a daily basis with what is working and what is not. Before you dive in, make sure you read up on all the risks. There are people who have been banned from Target.com, had their PayPal accounts permanently closed and got stuck with gift cards that they couldn't use when the store stopped accepting them. For me, the risk was worth the reward because I saved a total of 38%.

On the phone at 7 AM and struck out for Italian Food & Wine Pairing. Wasn't impressed with CM & even less so with her supervisor who just placated me with bad info like -- I'll send you over to DVC now (before 9) and came back on to tell me they weren't open OR my favorite, maybe someone will cancel & you will get it...Alot of cancellations of pre paid luncheons??
On phone at 9 AM for DVC. Confirmed October 21 was not available.
Will try again on the 21st. More hours on speaker phone. Hopefully with better results!
Was on the phone at 4AM (west coast time). Couldn't get the France family meal event, was told only 15% was released for the two early booking days. So on the 21st at 4AM I have to compete with thousands of other folks? Wow! We'll be there October 3-7 so events are limited for the things we're interested in going to.:worried:

Was on the phone at 4AM (west coast time). Couldn't get the France family meal event, was told only 15% was released for the two early booking days. So on the 21st at 4AM I have to compete with thousands of other folks? Wow! We'll be there October 3-7 so events are limited for the things we're interested in going to.:worried:
It is not great....make sure you try the online reservations as well as the phone.
I was able to book three of the things I wanted online while I waited for ages on the phone to book the fourth thing.\
I don't know why they did not make it clear things could be booked on line - it was so much easier for most things and I'm guessing it saves them a ton of money

We loved this so much last year, I hate to even think about F&W without it. I'm really hoping that he's right, but in his favor, he seemed to REALLY know his stuff. :D

We're the same way! We did it last year just as a treat for our 20th wedding anniversary. Now we can't imagine going without it!

I just booked all our culinary and beverage seminars for the week. They couldn't get an AP discount to load. It just amounts to $16 total but still kind of frustrating!

I just booked all our culinary and beverage seminars for the week. They couldn't get an AP discount to load. It just amounts to $16 total but still kind of frustrating!

That happen to me yesterday with the demo and she said to call back to get my refund in a week or so.

We loved this so much last year, I hate to even think about F&W without it. I'm really hoping that he's right, but in his favor, he seemed to REALLY know his stuff. :D

We're the same way! We did it last year just as a treat for our 20th wedding anniversary. Now we can't imagine going without it!

I've finally convinced my husband to come with me to F&W this October and debating getting the premium package. My first trip to F&W was Oct 2nd 2014 and it was so incredibly hot in the 90s. This time we are a little later (10/16-10/18) and visiting Epcot on weekdays (Mon and Tues). From the description from last years premium package the thing that most stands out is the ability to sit at tables and let CMs get our food for us. I thought I read that at least some of the tables are in the shade and/or covered from sun/rain? So, I'm trying to determine if the premium package is worth it for us since we are visiting on weekdays....
I have nothing else booked for us as the dates we are at F&W this year just don't have much to book anyway and being my DH's first time I think he is more interested in taking in the booth experience.

Things we can't predict, like weather, would make this an easy decision as if it rained or was as hot as it was the last time I went would make me want this perk big time.
But say the weather was mild and the lines not that long on weekdays, those of you who have enjoyed the premium package in the past, would you still think it was worth it?
What were the premium seating areas like? Which seating areas, if any, were crowded and had the longest wait? Any advice is appreciated :-)

I've finally convinced my husband to come with me to F&W this October and debating getting the premium package. My first trip to F&W was Oct 2nd 2014 and it was so incredibly hot in the 90s. This time we are a little later (10/16-10/18) and visiting Epcot on weekdays (Mon and Tues). From the description from last years premium package the thing that most stands out is the ability to sit at tables and let CMs get our food for us. I thought I read that at least some of the tables are in the shade and/or covered from sun/rain? So, I'm trying to determine if the premium package is worth it for us since we are visiting on weekdays....
I have nothing else booked for us as the dates we are at F&W this year just don't have much to book anyway and being my DH's first time I think he is more interested in taking in the booth experience.

Things we can't predict, like weather, would make this an easy decision as if it rained or was as hot as it was the last time I went would make me want this perk big time.
But say the weather was mild and the lines not that long on weekdays, those of you who have enjoyed the premium package in the past, would you still think it was worth it?
What were the premium seating areas like? Which seating areas, if any, were crowded and had the longest wait? Any advice is appreciated :-)

Can't answer the premium seating areas but I can tell you that it will still be HOT. We have been going the same time of year for the last few years now (right around the 16th-18th of October for a week) and it is extremely warm. We enjoy walking around the booths more during the week, mid day, because we notice it is less crowded than evenings but it's still busy.

From the description from last years premium package the thing that most stands out is the ability to sit at tables and let CMs get our food for us. I thought I read that at least some of the tables are in the shade and/or covered from sun/rain? So, I'm trying to determine if the premium package is worth it for us since we are visiting on weekdays....those of you who have enjoyed the premium package in the past, would you still think it was worth it? What were the premium seating areas like? Which seating areas, if any, were crowded and had the longest wait? Any advice is appreciated :-)

We went the first week of November last year and it was still super hot! The premium areas were awesome because some were shaded and all had chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc. None felt crowded to us - ie maybe there were a few other tables but it was never crowded. The food runners were fast and provided great service. Each premium area "covered" 3-4 booths. For us, the relaxed seating, having food runners, etc would be worth it no matter what the weather is. So, yes, I at least would highly recommend the premium package.

hope that helps!

The Premium areas are small and the way it was set up last year, each Premium area was served by 2 - 3 booths. Each area could maybe seat 6 - 10 people and the Cast Members did an amazing job keeping the non-premium people out. Not all of the seats were shaded or covered. It really depended on the location of the booth.

We were there the first week of F&W last year and never had to wait for a spot. Sometimes, we were the only ones in the Premium area. Cast members were welcoming, entertaining and they always took our order right away. The longest wait that we had for our food once we ordered may have been 8 - 10 minutes.

We're going during Halloween week this year and will absolutely get the package if/when it's offered. Even though it's not very crowded on weekdays, it was wonderful being able to relax.

What are the premium packages everyone is referring to? A quick link to describe concisely?

As I previously posted, I failed to get the Italian Food & wine pairing luncheon for October 21st. Tried both VISA at 7 AM and DVC at 9 AM.
I need some help for tomorrow. My basic plan is DVC at 9AM when it opens. But are there earlier alternatives?
Can this luncheon be booked online through my Disney Experience & if so, what time?
Any help is appreciated. This is the only date we can do the luncheon & I am worried that somehow this date is problematic (i.e. large group in attendance, special event has pre-empted - which has happened to me before etc.)

As I previously posted, I failed to get the Italian Food & wine pairing luncheon for October 21st. Tried both VISA at 7 AM and DVC at 9 AM.
I need some help for tomorrow. My basic plan is DVC at 9AM when it opens. But are there earlier alternatives?
Can this luncheon be booked online through my Disney Experience & if so, what time?
Any help is appreciated. This is the only date we can do the luncheon & I am worried that somehow this date is problematic (i.e. large group in attendance, special event has pre-empted - which has happened to me before etc.)

You need to skip DVC at 9. The dining reservation line opens at 7 Call that. AT 7! 407-WDW FEST

(Note - if the useless automated system starts asking questions start responding "representative" And if it wants to know if you are in Orlando or coming in 7 days the response is YES. (It does not really matter to the agent and Yes means the system won't start asking you 20 questions!)
Traditionally these lunches can't be booked on line, but while you are on hold you can check :)

Check to see if online is available before you call. You might not be able to actually book before 7 am, but you'll probably see the calendar and usual booking process online before it opens to see if that will be possible. If you can't book online, don't wait until Member Services opens. at 9 AM Eastern. General Public can call to book at 7 AM Eastern. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter