2015 Dining Plan Prices (LINK TO CHANGES IN DINING PLAN REDEMPTION 5/31/15

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by TDC Nala, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

The 2016 prices were brought up a couple times, but the increase is minimal from 2015 (less than $2), so you can use the 2015 to judge even for the price difference between the two plans..

The dining shows like Spirit of Aloha, Hoop De Doo are all 2 credits per person with either dining plan. If you mean just character buffets, some are 2 and some are 1.

2. Manila Girl

Manila Girl Earning My Ears

It's my first time going to Disney, I have friends telling to get the dining plan, some are saying not worth it if we don't eat much. I see that they only offer 2 QS and 1 snack a day, what happen to the third meal? please help, is it worth it or not?

3. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Well, actually, it's 2 QS and 1 snack per night, so for a 7 night stay you would get 14 QS and 7 snacks to cover 8 days, which is always something I've had a problem with too.

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

There are three different regular dining plan. The one you referenced is the Quick Service dining plan and is as you stated. The regular DDP is 1 Table Service and 1 Quick Service and 1 Snack per night. The deluxe plan (DxDDP) gives you 3 TS credits and 2 snacks per night.

Worth it depends on the make up of your party, where you want to eat, and how you eat.

If you have kids, the plans may save you some money.
    If all of you want your own dessert and drinks with ALL your meals, the plan may save you some money.

If you can give us a little more information, we can help you decide if it's worth it to you, but I would start a new thread of your own as it will get more traffic and be easier to find.

6. tazleiten12

tazleiten12 DIS Veteran

Quick question, im in Disney now. I have a table credit left. Anything i can trade it for? Counter, snacks, pizza? Thanks

7. beldred

beldred Mouseketeer

You should be able to use it as a counter service or trade it out for 3 snacks. You just have to tell them you want to swap a table service credit. I have no idea about the pizza. :) Have a good time!!

8. tazleiten12

tazleiten12 DIS Veteran

Thanks!

9. RobynPrincess

RobynPrincess Looking around

How come the child's dining plan on the deluxe is interchangeable with adults? What would stop me adding a fictional child to my reservation to get more dining credits for a cheaper price?

10. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

The fact that you'd have to buy a ticket for the fictional child?

11. RobynPrincess

RobynPrincess Looking around

We are DVC members so don't need to buy tickets to get dining plan.

12. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

AND anyone can now do a ticketless package and get the dining plan. You have to call and ask for it (you can't do it online), but you can do it.

13. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 Registered

I'm wondering this too.

If I bump my infant up to a 3 year old I'd get another chunk of credits I can use for everyone super cheap.

Seems... I don't know. Kind of unbelievable

RobynPrincess likes this.
  14. donp

donp DIS Veteran

Read through the whole thread, but could not verify this . . . . So, with the 2015 changes, on the Regular DP, I can share my allotments of Table Service credits with anyone? Sound so counter to the past, just wanted to double check.

15. hakepb

hakepb DIS Veteran

I might have missed it, but I am only reading that Deluxe Dining plan credits are now pooled.
    QS credits have always been "pooled"
    But it sounds like there are still child table service credits on the regular dining plan.

16. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

Both deluxe and quick service credits have always been pooled. Deluxe credits can be used for counter service meals, so they've always had the same technical limitation as quick service credits. Some counter service restaurants don't have children's menus, so they have to be available to be redeemed for any meal.

17. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

I can see it causing problems. I guess it depends if you feel comfortable talking your way around it if you're confronted. Remember that everyone gets a band, even infants. And if your infant wants to scan their band at the entrance, the CM will notice that they're 3 with no ticket. Will they believe you that you aged them up? Or will they tell you to go buy a ticket for your three year old?

18. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 Registered

Well, she will be 11 months so I doubt they'll think she is really 3.

19. Meech Loves Mickey

Meech Loves Mickey DIS Veteran

Is the Dining Plan refundable? If I purchase now for our July trip and something happens where we have to cancel our trip, will I be able to get a refund?

Thanks.

20. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Do DVC members need park tix for everyone if they have the DDP? I know on a regular room reservation, everyone needs to have the same package, so park tix can add up to a lot of OOP food, IMO. I priced aging our young ones up to ten last trip and it was totally worth it, although I ended up just bumping up the room to DxDDP which was a better deal for us. I don't know what the terms are for DVC though.

21. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 Registered

No. The tickets aren't connected to a DVC reservation.