2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be working June 21st and 22nd.

The girls arrive on the 27th of June. We check into Ft. Wilderness Cabins on 6/28 for five nights. Then I'll be working July 5 and 6. Then we will be at the parks (day trips from the house) on July 7, 8, 9 and 10. Then we are off to Anna Maria Island on 7/11 (Lily's birthday) for a week. I'll be back at work on 7/19 and 20. The girls fly home on the 20th. Bob gets to take them to the airport while I work.

We have 6:10 dinner on the 28th at BOG. After that, Lily wants to take Pop-Pop on the Mine Train and the Barnstormer so we'll be around MK that evening. Then we'll be at Teppan Edo at 5:30 for dinner on 7/1. If you want to meet Jeanne and Lily too, probably the best place would be Magic Kingdom after dinner at BOG. I'm going to shoot for a FP for the Mine Train sometime around 8PM.

First, the boys and I will stop by to say hello on Easter morning! Can't wait to see those new rooms and enjoy the new club lounge - it looks fabulous! Looking forward to some confirmed 2015 BC Easter activities so I can decide whether we'll have a slow morning at BC or be ready to head into Epcot at opening.

This sounds like a wonderful visit with the girls! I'll be back in June for a girls' weekend/conference. Was thinking I would stop by the lobby on Monday, the 29th, but I'm happy to know you'll be enjoying the parks with your family. :)

suse66 thanks for taking the time to post about your trip -- sounds like you had a great vacation! Can't wait to read your thoughts on CL. We will be there next week.

Quick question....why is BC more expensive than YC? Same dates, same category(GV). Is this a recent change ?
I swear when we stayed at YC two years ago the pricing was the same. Now BC is almost $40 per day more.

So happy right now I may burst so I had to post this in the only place that would understand. Our flight doesn't leave until 9pm tonight but I just got the text with our room number at BC...4530 which isn't that a refurbished room and the one with the huge balcony?

Do to some black ice that caused a dislocated shoulder for my husband:( we have had to reschedule our April trip. We are now staying at the YC September 5-13 instead of the BC in April. I am a little nervous about our stay there because I have heard it is not a resort as family friendly as the BC.

:offtopic:

I made Dole Whips today. They were good, although I'm sure they will be much better if I make them on a day where the windchill is not below zero.

Dole Whip.JPG

Dole Whip Recipe:

16 oz bag frozen pineapple chunks, halfway thawed

4 cups vanilla ice cream
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lime juice
12 oz. pineapple juice

Puree chunks of pineapple.
Add ice cream, lime juice, lemon juice and 6 oz. pineapple juice and blend until mixed.
Freeze 2 hours.
Spoon into glasses and add remaining juice.

For all of you suffering with snow....we had to cut the grass today!!!! First cut since we returned from Yacht Club last August. The weather is really improving.

Questions about Hurricane Hanna's and a Request

I have a quick question about Hurricane Hanna's. In the MDE app, in the dropdown menu for Hurricane Hanna's Pool Bar, it has a Kids Grilled Cheese and Kids Mac and Cheese. Do these come in the sand pail as well or is it just the Kids Meals on the Grille Menu? Has anyone tried either of these (or the Kids Cheeseburger Sliders) or have any photos? Thanks!

So we haven't been to our beloved BCV and SAB since last summer and just saw this post. I didn't recall the pulled pork at HH so I took a look at the menu and discovered it has been changed since we were last there. To my great distress they have changed my all time favorite chicken sandwich with the avocado. Why oh why did they change this nice healthy sandwich to one with processed meat on it? :sad:

A couple of people have recently asked questions about the menu at HH. If you are one of the lucky folks who will be sitting by SAB in the next week or so, if you find yourself with a camera at poolside, could you snap a picture of the current menu at Hurricane Hanna's. They usually have the options on a large board. Since philschrek mentioned a couple of additional items other than the ones listed on the All those Ears website, I'll be interested in hearing if we are missing others:

For Children Ages 3-9
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Turkey Sandwich on Goldfish Bread - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Cheeseburger - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

Chicken Nuggets - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

:goodvibes:

Questions about Hurricane Hanna's and a Request

A couple of people have recently asked questions about the menu at HH. If you are one of the lucky folks who will be sitting by SAB in the next week or so, if you find yourself with a camera at poolside, could you snap a picture of the current menu at Hurricane Hanna's. They usually have the options on a large board. Since philschrek mentioned a couple of additional items other than the ones listed on the All those Ears website, I'll be interested in hearing if we are missing others:

For Children Ages 3-9
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Turkey Sandwich on Goldfish Bread - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. $8.29

Cheeseburger - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

Chicken Nuggets - served in a Sand Pail with Carrots and Grapes, includes choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water $8.29

:goodvibes:
I'm checking in very late tonight so I'll be there all week and will get you a picture of the menu board.

I'm checking in very late tonight so I'll be there all week and will get you a picture of the menu board.

Thank you so much!!!

I have been trying to find confirmation that 4530 is one of the rooms with huge balcony but so far I haven't found anything. But definitely a refurbished room if it is on the 4th floor. Did you do the direct to room?

Safe travels and have a magical trip.

:cool1:

So happy right now I may burst so I had to post this in the only place that would understand. Our flight doesn't leave until 9pm tonight but I just got the text with our room number at BC...4530 which isn't that a refurbished room and the one with the huge balcony?
Have a great time! Please let us know about the room.

page 212-213

Pretty sure Disney knew I was on the fence about splurging on BC again for my wine and dine stay. I got a call from them re: feedback I'd given about another deluxe resort. I was friendly in the feeback and explaining that our room itself was great but the common areas were in very poor condition, especially when paying over $400/night. They called and asked me to explain, which I did. (At one point "I stayed at the BC in October and even though renovations were about to start there, it was in far better condition still" came out!) I've never complained about a hotel, let alone a Disney deluxe, but it was shocking enough that I did this time. I had no idea what to expect but I just gave the feedback and at the end she said thank you and told me she'd applied a $250 credit!

How did you know Disney. HOW DID YOU KNOW. :rolleyes:

Missed this post earlier today.

That is really great that Disney responded to your concerns and even better that they gave you a credit.

Sounds like a sign from the Mouse!

::yes::

Only around 10 more days until the UK offers are available for 2016. I've itchy fingers waiting to book. Weighing up the pros and cons of upgrading to Deluxe Dining or going Concierge.

popcorn::

We arrived home this morning at 2:45 am after the best vacation ever. What can I say about the beautiful beach club...... we loved it so much! Our arrival day last Saturday was spent lounging by SAB and settling into our room. We enjoyed a yummy dinner at Yachtsman and hit MK until 2 am. Sunday we were off to HS (loved the walk there and back along the canal!), enjoyed lunch at Sci Fi, met Teena:) and played mini golf at Fantasia in the evening. Monday we hit up Epcot for a while but it was SO crowded......ugh! Had a yummy lunch at Rose and Crown and then SAB was calling our name! Spent Monday evening at HS for EMH, watched Fantasmic for the 1st time and shut the park down riding Rock"N'Roller until 11:20 pm! Tuesday we were off to MK with lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Crowds were good but it was hot. Back to SAB for some much needed down time and a nice relaxing stroll around World Showcase before watching Illuminations.
We hit up Typhoon Lagoon on Wednesday for the day after a super yummy breakfast at Kona Cafe (Tonga Toast, how I love you!). In the evening we hung out at World Showcase with good friends from home, watched Illuminations again and hung out on the Boardwalk. Thursday brought us to a very hot and crowded AK. After watching the Lion King show, riding the safari and Everest, the boys opted for the air conditioned comfort of Disney Quest while DH and I enjoyed a quiet lunch at Raglan Road and did some shopping. How I love my Pandora Castle charm! Our last night dinner was at O'hana which was amazing! We stuck in a quick Epcot visit Friday morning before check out to experience Test Track, then headed off to Blizzard Beach before beginning the drive back north.

It was truly a magical, perfect experience and we can't wait to be able to go back again!

Thoughts on CL and the deluxe room coming up!

Susan

Thanks so much for the summary about your trip. So glad you had an amazing trip!

:cool1:

October 27 - November 3
Beach Club Villas
1st time at resort
1st Food & Wine Festival

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Quick question....why is BC more expensive than YC? Same dates, same category(GV). Is this a recent change ?
I swear when we stayed at YC two years ago the pricing was the same. Now BC is almost $40 per day more.

Good question! I don't know but I think somebody noticed that and commented earlier in the thread (shoreward?)

:thumbsup2

Do to some black ice that caused a dislocated shoulder for my husband:( we have had to reschedule our April trip. We are now staying at the YC September 5-13 instead of the BC in April. I am a little nervous about our stay there because I have heard it is not a resort as family friendly as the BC.

So sorry to hear about your husband.

Stupid winter!

I will change your info on the Be Our Guest list.

I don't think you need to worry about the Yacht Club. It may not be as family friendly as the BC (although that is up for debate) but it is family friendly enough

:goodvibes

We have stayed at the Yacht Club a number of times with our kids. Don't worry it is every bit as family friendly as the Beach Club. It just seem less busy with families than the BC because Cape May is at the BC. Love it there❤️

Last edited:
Slight change for the BOG list, we are now staying at BC from 8/29 through 9/2. So happy we get to spend another day at the BC

I noticed that, earlier this year, and posted the observation on this thread. I wonder if as the resorts are updated, the rates will be "updated," as well, to pay for the improvements.

Last edited:

Enjoy! I too would be interested to hear about the configuration of this room. We have stayed on that same hallway, about halfway down the hall, overlooking the quiet pool, but not all the way to the end of the hall as this room appears to be. Hope you have a magical time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!