2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here and loving it so far. We got in around 2pm due to a couple traffic delays in TN and GA. I faxed a room request in on Tuesday and did the online check in with the request to send me my info. At 10:44 am our room was ready. I had put in a 11am arrival time, so hats off to Disney for having it ready even though I didn't make it until 2. Our room was ready and all my requests were honored, balcony, sofa bed and refurbished room. We are on the fourth floor and not too far from the main elevators. We unpacked, took a nap and then headed to the pool for a few hours. We had a drink (tried the Sunken Treasure :love:), ordered poolside from Hurricane Hanna's (burger & pulled pork were both very good and the kids enjoyed the chicken tender meal in the buckets). We then walked over to the Boardwalk, watched a few street performers, shared a funnel cake, then took the boat back. We got back to the room and could see Epcot fireworks through our trees. Now it's time for bed.

Oh, my mom and girls were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to the Beach Club since they just found at that moment that we are staying here instead of the All-Stars.

We are here and loving it so far.

Oh, my mom and girls were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to the Beach Club since they just found at that moment that we are staying here instead of the All-Stars.

Sounds like a great start and what a great surprise! Keep us posted!

Has anyone done the Illuminations Fireworks Cruise? Reviews?

My family did it in January on last night of our annual Marathon Trip. We always try to do something special and this was our 'cap it off' event of the weekend.

It was nice relaxing way to do Illuminations.

We were there early. (Too early. We went and relaxed in YC lobby until time) After checkin and boarding our skipper took us around the lake by Swan and Dolphin and HS. Did a slow drive by of the Boardwalk where I was taking pictures the whole time.

Weather was beautiful. A little cool and the skipper brought out some blankets that we used as pampering more than comfort (we had our jackets). He had snacks, soda and water.

The view of Illuminations was great. Once again, very relaxing sitting under the bridge between UK and France watching my favorite fireworks show anywhere.

We were all adults so we kind of cozied up and enjoyed.

My opinion. Should do once. But not a repeater since it is so easy to walk over from Y&BC and enjoy Illuminations.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great start and what a great surprise! Keep us posted!

My family did it in January on last night of our annual Marathon Trip. We always try to do something special and this was our 'cap it off' event of the weekend.

We were there early. (Too early. We went and relaxed in YC lobby until time) After checkin and boarding our skipper took us around the lake by Swan and Dolphin and HS. Did a slow drive by of the Boardwalk where I was taking pictures the whole time.

Weather was beautiful. A little cool and the skipper brought out some blankets that we used as pampering more than comfort (we had our jackets). He had snacks, soda and water.

The view of Illuminations was great. Once again, very relaxing sitting under the bridge between UK and France watching my favorite fireworks show anywhere.

My opinion. Should do once. But not a repeater since it is so easy to walk over from Y&BC and enjoy Illuminations.

Is it worth the money? I was going to do Pirates and Pals Cruise to see Wishes but they don't do it on the night I want, so I thought Illuminations would be better because we are staying at Beach Club.

Pretty sure Disney knew I was on the fence about splurging on BC again for my wine and dine stay. I got a call from them re: feedback I'd given about another deluxe resort. I was friendly in the feeback and explaining that our room itself was great but the common areas were in very poor condition, especially when paying over $400/night. They called and asked me to explain, which I did. (At one point "I stayed at the BC in October and even though renovations were about to start there, it was in far better condition still" came out!) I've never complained about a hotel, let alone a Disney deluxe, but it was shocking enough that I did this time. I had no idea what to expect but I just gave the feedback and at the end she said thank you and told me she'd applied a $250 credit!

How did you know Disney. HOW DID YOU KNOW. :rolleyes:

shoreward said:
I have found renting a car from National/Alamo at the Dolphin (which is about a 5 minute walk from YC) to be a cost effective and easy way of getting around.

Not knowing your exact dates in April, I priced out a compact for 24 hours, mid-April, which came out at under $62, using a basic coupon; a little search will give you an even better rate, or feel free to PM me for some specifics. There is a current coupon that gives you a free weekend day on a 3 day minimum rental.
With the low gas prices, in my opinion, you can't miss. I love the ability of being able to go wherever I want, when I want. Somehow usually forgetting to bring something along, a trip to Target, Walmart, etc. is not unusual. And, there is always the outlet shopping, if time allows, on those weather-unfriendly days.
There is plenty of free parking at YC/BC for guests; I've never had a problem finding a parking space there.

I agree with this...and it is great for a quick stop at the grocery store. The only issue is that the counter is only open for limited hours...if I remember correctly from when I looked into this before they don't open until 9am so you may need to take a two day rental.

The hours of Alamo/National at the Dolphin:

Mon - Fri 08:00AM - 04:00PM
Sat 08:00AM - 04:00PM
Sun 08:00AM - 04:00PM

Quoted so I can add to Post 5, Resort Ameneties

Review of Illuminations Cruise, January 2015

Last edited:

On Page 1, Post 5, I have a section on Resort Amenities. There is information about rentals at the Marina as well as reviews by guests of the Illuminations Cruise, Albatross (Pirates) cruise for kids and a Montauk boat rent. Here are the reviews for the Illuminations cruise, along with some pictures.

Mike, as you see, I'm going to include your 2 cents here.

:goodvibes:

Illuminations cruises are also available for hire. Reservations are strongly suggested and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Illuminations Cruise Review by eandesmom:

Boat Drinks

Boat Drinks, continued

Illuminations Cruise Review by DisneyKid4Life:

Having a Wild (Christmas) Time, By Land and by... Lagoon?

:santa:Well, we must really be going to the BCV in December.:yay: Mim Flynn just sent me my personal letter:mic: telling me all about the renovations going on and the fact that there will be noise and mayhem from 9:00am to 4:00pm every day while we are there.:ssst: Gosh it was awful nice of her to let me know about this 264 days before I arrive.:scared: It gives me all sorts of time to plan my options, doesn't it? Nice thing is that I know that by the time we arrive I won't have to request a renovated room, we'll be getting one for sure!:D
Katesdad

Is it worth the money? I was going to do Pirates and Pals Cruise to see Wishes but they don't do it on the night I want, so I thought Illuminations would be better because we are staying at Beach Club.

It is super easy staying at Beach Club but like most things Disney 'worth it' is relative. There were six of us (adults) and it was one of the things on my personal to do list. We thoroughly enjoyed but at $350 plus tip I can think of other things to do now.

Summation : Glad I did it. Enjoyed it and may do it again some day. But not a must do.
Hope that helps.

I'll be working June 21st and 22nd.

The girls arrive on the 27th of June. We check into Ft. Wilderness Cabins on 6/28 for five nights. Then I'll be working July 5 and 6. Then we will be at the parks (day trips from the house) on July 7, 8, 9 and 10. Then we are off to Anna Maria Island on 7/11 (Lily's birthday) for a week. I'll be back at work on 7/19 and 20. The girls fly home on the 20th. Bob gets to take them to the airport while I work.

We have 6:10 dinner on the 28th at BOG. After that, Lily wants to take Pop-Pop on the Mine Train and the Barnstormer so we'll be around MK that evening. Then we'll be at Teppan Edo at 5:30 for dinner on 7/1. If you want to meet Jeanne and Lily too, probably the best place would be Magic Kingdom after dinner at BOG. I'm going to shoot for a FP for the Mine Train sometime around 8PM.

I've missed you guys!
We would love to meet them and I think an evening at MK sounds like a plan. Hopefully we can catch up in April. Still haven't finished catching up...on page 120 so you may have already mentioned. Are you working 4/19? Ron and I have a quickie trip planned but could only get in for the weekend at BCV and will be staying before that at poly. Can you believe DD will be a rising college freshman?????

We had a drink (tried the Sunken Treasure :love:), ordered poolside from Hurricane Hanna's (burger & pulled pork were both very good and the kids enjoyed the chicken tender meal in the buckets).

So we haven't been to our beloved BCV and SAB since last summer and just saw this post. I didn't recall the pulled pork at HH so I took a look at the menu and discovered it has been changed since we were last there. To my great distress they have changed my all time favorite chicken sandwich with the avocado. Why oh why did they change this nice healthy sandwich to one with processed meat on it? :sad:

page 211-212

Ahhhh...........I can't wait for summer to get here & stay at this beautiful resort!!!!!! We will be surprising our 2 DD's to celebrate the youngest finishing middle school. Starting at the beach the first have of the week and ending at the BC the 2nd half of the week. It's going to be awesome!!!!!!

:welcome: to the FAQ thread!

What a wonderful surprise for your daughters. A beach and Beach Club trip sounds awesome!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

end of July or early August?

:woohoo:

Right now we are booked at BC using the June/July "magical" deal. Received our letter today letting us know about the renovations.

It made me think more about the posts I have read here about the group rate and that those rooms are in a "set" location.

We were hoping to request a newly renovated room on 4th floor (maybe 3rd will be ready by time we arrive). I know requests are just that, but we've had decent luck in the past. Now I am wondering if we will eliminate the possibility completely by using the "magical" rate versus the summer discount. Or worse, we put ourselves in a position to get even a non-renovated room closer to construction noise and then lose our ability to request a change.

Would like to hear from any of you who have booked those "magical" rooms in the past and if you made requests, if they were honored? Where was your room located?

Thanks for any insight.

I'm not sure that there are "set" locations where the rooms are, but I do know that the opportunities to upgrade, even if you offer to pay for it, are limited. As far as I know, requests are still considered and honored when possible for people who book with this agency, but as always, requests are just that- not guaranteed.

I haven't booked a trip with this agency so I can't give you any first-hand input.

:)

I will!

Looks like the "new" dessert party is in the same location with added menu items (fresh fruit, crackers and cheese, character-themed cupcakes).

And, a new price, of course!

I love that they added some savory items to the Wishes dessert menu. We were glad we did the party (especially since it was POURING rain that night), but it was too much sugar without any break.

:thumbsup2

We are here and loving it so far. We got in around 2pm due to a couple traffic delays in TN and GA. I faxed a room request in on Tuesday and did the online check in with the request to send me my info. At 10:44 am our room was ready. I had put in a 11am arrival time, so hats off to Disney for having it ready even though I didn't make it until 2. Our room was ready and all my requests were honored, balcony, sofa bed and refurbished room. We are on the fourth floor and not too far from the main elevators. We unpacked, took a nap and then headed to the pool for a few hours. We had a drink (tried the Sunken Treasure :love:), ordered poolside from Hurricane Hanna's (burger & pulled pork were both very good and the kids enjoyed the chicken tender meal in the buckets). We then walked over to the Boardwalk, watched a few street performers, shared a funnel cake, then took the boat back. We got back to the room and could see Epcot fireworks through our trees. Now it's time for bed.

Thanks so much for the update! Sounds like you are off to a magical start to your trip.

:cool1:

Thank you to Best_Vacation_EVER! for supplying the pictures and thanks to Dee for taking the time to post them! :thumbsup2

As for the ladder/tower/thing on top of the middle bedside table... I like it! On the tippy top shelf I can keep all the phones that I have confiscated from the teens in my family because they are not listening to the Ninja. I can display them decoratively and we all can enjoy it when the phones chime and tweet, knowing that the "urgent" texts from the teen friends will NOT be answered anytime soon. I shall call this shelf "The cell phone shelf of shame" and I for one appreciate this decorative behavioral modification tool!

As for the middle shelf, I shall call it the "Jan Brady shelf" in honor of the unappreciated and fashion backwards middle child from the "Brady Bunch" TV series. It's not flashy like the top shelf and it's not completely utilitarian like the bottom shelf. Stuff that doesn't fit on the bottom shelf is going to be relegated to the unloved middle shelf. If you ran into Ninja Mom's room during a stay and inventoried the middle shelf you might find unimportant items like pocket lint and tissues on this shelf. There also might be a squirt bottle there that NM uses to control her unruly teens.

Now we get to the most important shelf of all... "The beloved bottom shelf"! This shelf is all business. This is the shelf you reach for in the middle of the night when you need a drink of water or you have to hit the snooze button on the alarm so you can grab 10 more minutes of unconsciousness before that 4:45am ADR at the Kona cafe. Important items like your magic bands and the phone book are kept on this shelf. Turf wars are known to occur over the real estate here but good old Ninja Mom just breaks out the leaf blower and blows the interlopers stuff clear across the room to make space for all of her junk.

Yep... that shelf is a winner in my book! If I left out any of the other uses for that shelf be sure to let me know.

~NM

:rotfl2:

NM...I always look forward to your posts. Sorry guys...still catching up.

Loving your perfect arrival day! Glad your room requests were honored too!

Only around 10 more days until the UK offers are available for 2016. I've itchy fingers waiting to book. Weighing up the pros and cons of upgrading to Deluxe Dining or going Concierge.

We arrived home this morning at 2:45 am after the best vacation ever. What can I say about the beautiful beach club...... we loved it so much! Our arrival day last Saturday was spent lounging by SAB and settling into our room. We enjoyed a yummy dinner at Yachtsman and hit MK until 2 am. Sunday we were off to HS (loved the walk there and back along the canal!), enjoyed lunch at Sci Fi, met Teena:) and played mini golf at Fantasia in the evening. Monday we hit up Epcot for a while but it was SO crowded......ugh! Had a yummy lunch at Rose and Crown and then SAB was calling our name! Spent Monday evening at HS for EMH, watched Fantasmic for the 1st time and shut the park down riding Rock"N'Roller until 11:20 pm! Tuesday we were off to MK with lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Crowds were good but it was hot. Back to SAB for some much needed down time and a nice relaxing stroll around World Showcase before watching Illuminations.
We hit up Typhoon Lagoon on Wednesday for the day after a super yummy breakfast at Kona Cafe (Tonga Toast, how I love you!). In the evening we hung out at World Showcase with good friends from home, watched Illuminations again and hung out on the Boardwalk. Thursday brought us to a very hot and crowded AK. After watching the Lion King show, riding the safari and Everest, the boys opted for the air conditioned comfort of Disney Quest while DH and I enjoyed a quiet lunch at Raglan Road and did some shopping. How I love my Pandora Castle charm! Our last night dinner was at O'hana which was amazing! We stuck in a quick Epcot visit Friday morning before check out to experience Test Track, then headed off to Blizzard Beach before beginning the drive back north.

It was truly a magical, perfect experience and we can't wait to be able to go back again!

Thoughts on CL and the deluxe room coming up!

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter