2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting at the airport ready to fly to MCO and I get a text from Disney that says to check at the front desk when I arrive. I was trying to go direct to the room. Is this good news bad news or no news :)

Check My Disney Experience to see if they changed your room type. Could be good, bad or no news, but whenever our room type changes on check-in day, we can see the change in MDE!

We're also going the last week of August, but we haven't received a letter. Any idea if it is possible to request a refurbed room? I'm not concerned about construction noise on other floors, but one of the reasons we decided on BC vs Poly was the high likelihood of getting a "new" room - original estimates were that room renos would be complete around 8/22. I knew we were cutting it close and taking a risk, with our arrival on 8/28, but I'd be totally bummed if everything but one floor was complete at that point, and we got stuck in a non-refurbed room!

Well, you are checking in after the work is scheduled to be complete, which is still August 22! We are staying 8/17-8/23. It is a good sign that you did not get the letter. : o )

Not sure if this the best place to ask this question or not, but we are going to BC at end of August and have requested a King bed (but are booked under standard view) I know nothing is guaranteed but I am really hoping for a Balcony that I can sit out on too. I am just wondering if there actually are King bed rooms with full balconies? I can't find hardly any info about King's at BC. I just don't want to get my hope up if it is the two are mutually exclusive anyways. The view doesn't matter to me at all, just the ability to sit outside with my coffee while DH sleeps in.

So excited to have booked the Beach Club! It's my husbands dream resort! We booked using the Magical Agency Exclusive. We booked 2 rooms for our family along with my sister and MIL. Our friends are joining us this year, they booked a room for them and a room for her parents. All in all 4 rooms, 15 people! Should be a fun trip. Going Sept. 3-12.

We love the bc and Iam thinking of surprising my girls with a trip the first week of Dec 15, but Iam worried that It might be too cold for sab? We love the epcot area but I was thinking about staying at WL any thoughts?

2012 BWV
2014 BCV

My suggestion is to go to WDW and surprise your girls!!!! :cool1: Pick whichever resort has the better Chrismtas decorations. :)

Sitting at the airport ready to fly to MCO and I get a text from Disney that says to check at the front desk when I arrive. I was trying to go direct to the room. Is this good news bad news or no news :)

I smell an upgrade for you!!!! CLUB LEVEL? I hope you get something good!

my best friend since i was 8, and i, just booked a very last minute girls' trip to YC for her bday april 9-13! i have not been away from my kids for more than one night in about 12+ years. this will be interesting! to top it off my teenage dd and i are tasking a girls only trip to a beach in FL in about a week so i will be back from that about one week before leaving for WDW! holy moly!

Our last night! :sad: It has been a great holiday. The staff at the BC have been wonderful. So friendly. They really do seem to like their job (or act like they do!). The upgrades are really nice and the room was great. We didn't spend much time in it but it served us well. My only take away advice for future travelers is be prepared ADRs are almost never on time. Be prepared to wait. I had an ADR each night and only once did I not wait 20 minutes or more. Tonight was 35 minutes. It just wasn't something I was prepared for. Therefore my family and I were hungry and grumpy at what was supposed to be a fun meal. I would plan them earlier, knowing it would be late.

It may be a few years or more before we venture back to WDW. We did two years in a row and the kids had a blast. I am leaning towards the disney cruise next year but we shall see.

This board has been an amazing help in getting me prepared to have the best vacation ever! Thanks Dee and all of the other great contributors that make it so amazing!

We have booked our first trip to BC for July 4th weekend this year. I just got a letter in the mail stating that there will be some construction going on during our stay. Does anyone know what is going on then? The letter states that we will still have access to all the amenities. I hope that includes the pool, since that is one of the big reasons we booked there instead of BW.

Edit: Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already. I didn't see it anywhere. :-)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

As far as we know, there is no work planned on SAB this summer. Regular maintenance work was just completed on the feature pool and I think the only way parts of SAB would be out of service in the summer months would be if there was an emergency repair needed.

As you may now know, all rooms at the BC are currently being refurbished, work on the 5th and 4th floor are completed now.

:cool1:

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list! We will be coming back to BC for a family trip Nov. 8 - 15. DH,DDs and I are bringing my DSL, who had 2 strokes last year and has had a rough time of it. She has always wanted to come to WDW with us, so we're bringing her on a "you only live once" trip to celebrate her recovery. We'll be meeting up with my other DSL, who we don't see very often for some wonderful family time. We are so excited!! :yay: I am especially excited to be coming back to BC, which I missed SO MUCH during our last trip!

Woooo Hooooo! pixiedust:

:welcome: back!

Will do!!!

Sounds like a special trip.

:goodvibes

We love the bc and Iam thinking of surprising my girls with a trip the first week of Dec 15, but Iam worried that It might be too cold for sab? We love the epcot area but I was thinking about staying at WL any thoughts?

2012 BWV
2014 BCV

Hard to know, until the trip, if it will be too cold to swim. As others mention, temperatures in the winter can be all over the map and you could have one or two days warm enough to enjoy SAB. The pool is heated, but the air outside when you get out is cold. I don't think I would book a stay at BCV if you will be disappointed if you can't swim, if you know what I mean.

:thumbsup2

We're also going the last week of August, but we haven't received a letter. Any idea if it is possible to request a refurbed room? I'm not concerned about construction noise on other floors, but one of the reasons we decided on BC vs Poly was the high likelihood of getting a "new" room - original estimates were that room renos would be complete around 8/22. I knew we were cutting it close and taking a risk, with our arrival on 8/28, but I'd be totally bummed if everything but one floor was complete at that point, and we got stuck in a non-refurbed room!

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

:woohoo:

We should have a better idea by the beginning of summer how quickly the room rehabs are going. I am thinking that letters in late August, and if any go out to September guests, are precautionary in case the work goes longer than expected. If there is still work on rooms going on during your trip, then you may want to add a request for a room on an upper floor a few weeks prior to your trip.

I will say that when the pool was undergoing the normal winter maintenance, with work scheduled to end in early March (which it did), guests in March and April got letters about the pool work. That caused some concern here, and on the home front, as my husbands boss was at the BC this past week and received a letter about parts of the pool possibly being closed during his trip. I assured him that the letter he received was precautionary and I was relieved that the entire pool opened when expected!!!

:thumbsup2

Not sure if this the best place to ask this question or not, but we are going to BC at end of August and have requested a King bed (but are booked under standard view) I know nothing is guaranteed but I am really hoping for a Balcony that I can sit out on too. I am just wondering if there actually are King bed rooms with full balconies? I can't find hardly any info about King's at BC. I just don't want to get my hope up if it is the two are mutually exclusive anyways. The view doesn't matter to me at all, just the ability to sit outside with my coffee while DH sleeps in.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

There are not many king bed rooms at the resort and I am not sure how many rooms have both a king bed and full balcony (Janetmom may have stayed in one in August, but I don't think it had a great view since it was a standard room).

It sounds like the balcony should be your priority request, and I suggest you word your request "Full balcony, please. King Bed if possible"

::yes::

So excited to have booked the Beach Club! It's my husbands dream resort! We booked using the Magical Agency Exclusive. We booked 2 rooms for our family along with my sister and MIL. Our friends are joining us this year, they booked a room for them and a room for her parents. All in all 4 rooms, 15 people! Should be a fun trip. Going Sept. 3-12.

Sounds like a fantastic group trip!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Ummmmm, Franklin and I need to be added to the Be Our Guest List. :woohoo: We've booked a quick weekend getaway to BCV July 24-26. A weekend of lounging at Stormalong Bay and Frozen Summer Fun! Can't wait!

:welcome: back, my friends!!!

I'm thrilled to add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

my best friend since i was 8, and i, just booked a very last minute girls' trip to YC for her bday april 9-13! i have not been away from my kids for more than one night in about 12+ years. this will be interesting! to top it off my teenage dd and i are tasking a girls only trip to a beach in FL in about a week so i will be back from that about one week before leaving for WDW! holy moly!

I'll add you to the list.

A BFF trip with some time away sounds wonderful!!!

:cheer2:

Our last night! :sad: It has been a great holiday. The staff at the BC have been wonderful. So friendly. They really do seem to like their job (or act like they do!). The upgrades are really nice and the room was great. We didn't spend much time in it but it served us well. My only take away advice for future travelers is be prepared ADRs are almost never on time. Be prepared to wait. I had an ADR each night and only once did I not wait 20 minutes or more. Tonight was 35 minutes. It just wasn't something I was prepared for. Therefore my family and I were hungry and grumpy at what was supposed to be a fun meal. I would plan them earlier, knowing it would be late.

It may be a few years or more before we venture back to WDW. We did two years in a row and the kids had a blast. I am leaning towards the disney cruise next year but we shall see.

This board has been an amazing help in getting me prepared to have the best vacation ever! Thanks Dee and all of the other great contributors that make it so amazing!

Thanks again for sharing the highlights of your trip with us!!! Glad you found some useful information and advice here.

:goodvibes

Direct to Room didn't work for us for some reason. But check in was quick, friendly, efficient, and very Disney! We got a renovated room which is what we wanted. Room is awesome. Now the real fun begins!

Thanks for following up with us. Glad you got your request. Have fun!!!

:cool2:

My only take away advice for future travelers is be prepared ADRs are almost never on time. Be prepared to wait. I had an ADR each night and only once did I not wait 20 minutes or more. Tonight was 35 minutes. It just wasn't something I was prepared for. Therefore my family and I were hungry and grumpy

What average time did you reserve TS ADR? And, were the longest waits in parks or at resorts? TIA

The directions say to arrive 30 minutes early, and we try to arrive early but it seems most people do not. Add another twenty minutes waiting and then the actual meal and check...the cost in time ends up being too great. This is one of the reasons I am not a fan of the meal plans. We do not go to Disney to spend park time traveling from place to place or to eat. With that said, I could not help myself but from making four ADRs- two at BC and two at MK. a 50% compromise. I seem to be allergic to something on Disney steamed veggies anyway. Snacks and quick were voted as preferred for our next trip.

Woohoo!! Booked a garden view room September 14-18. We went the same week last year and I cannot believe that I got DH to go back again! It's our first trip in a deluxe and I'm so looking forward to walking to Epcot and HS.

What average time did you reserve TS ADR? And, were the longest waits in parks or at resorts? TIA

The directions say to arrive 30 minutes early, and we try to arrive early but it seems most people do not. Add another twenty minutes waiting and then the actual meal and check...the cost in time ends up being too great. This is one of the reasons I am not a fan of the meal plans. We do not go to Disney to spend park time traveling from place to place or to eat. With that said, I could not help myself but from making four ADRs- two at BC and two at MK. a 50% compromise. I seem to be allergic to something on Disney steamed veggies anyway. Snacks and quick were voted as preferred for our next trip.

Disney asks that you check in 15 minutes ahead of your ADR,, not 30.
I am wondering if you are prepared to seek medical help this year if you experience the same kind of allergic reaction to something, as you previously described. Your symptoms definitely seemed to need medical treatment in a timely manner.
Good Luck

Woohoo!! Booked a garden view room September 14-18. We went the same week last year and I cannot believe that I got DH to go back again! It's our first trip in a deluxe and I'm so looking forward to walking to Epcot and HS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. BC or YC?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Being so close to EPCOT and HS are my favorite things about the resort! But there are may other reasons, too.

Disney asks that you check in 15 minutes ahead of your ADR,, not 30.
I am wondering if you are prepared to seek medical help this year if you experience the same kind of allergic reaction to something, as you previously described. Your symptoms definitely seemed to need medical treatment in a timely manner.
Good Luck
I do have four months still. I left a message for my doctor to return a call so I could ask him about what he would suggest. I may have to go to someone else as a new patient. My $5000 deductible keeps me frugal. My plan is to try to get an epi pen, but if I can't then I just will eat non-Disney food, or processed, or fried for this week we are there in the World. I think it is soap or some kind of surface chemical on good healthy food. And, in my 44 years of life my allergies have only been related to skin reactions to soap, creams, and lotions, poison ivy, and boswellia. I called the local walk-in clinics to Disney and was told they would ship me to emergency room rather than prescribe my first epipen. I have also tripled my life insurance policy, BTW.

:offtopic:
Suggestion from other thread was to get a different Heath plan. But the law enforced through Obama is that I am required to be part of my employers sponsored medical coverage. I pay around $5000 in premiums to have my employer sponsored medical plan for me and my kids, and pay into an HSA for the $5000 deductible. My employer adds $1200 each year to the HSA for my family. My husband has to accept his employer's plan, which is worse.

We had ADRs in both parks and resorts. Worst waits were 1900 Park Fare and 50s Prime Time Dinner. One was 30 one was 35 minutes past reservation time. We were also there at least 15 minutes early, but I wasn't counting that time! BOG was a short wait. at 15 minutes, but other families were complaining they had been waiting a long time. Also Crown and Rose was very short wait. All my ADRs were between 6:30 and 7:30. We weren't on the dinning plan either. I just liked the idea of one service meal a day. In the end would do it the way you are.

In all my ADRs in the last five years, there is only one place I have waited more than ten minutes past my "time" and that was Hollywood and Vine lunch with the characters and we eat there twice a year and always wait past our "reserved" time ... once an hour .... so I plan my fast passes around that. Every other place I have pretty much walked right in at my assigned time. However, we always eat early so that might be the reason. We usually have a 5 PM dinner ADR and a 12:00 Noon lunch ADR. We eat at both the parks and resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!