2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Summer discounts for Disney resorts have been released for Disney Visa customers. General Public discounts should be released in a few days. You can follow the thread in the Resorts discount subforum for more info.

Stay Dates: June 16-Aug 27

:genie:

Eeek! I didn't know about this! I am now on hold to make a reservation. Thanks Natebenma!

I'm so happy to hear about the reports of great YC stays!

As suggested above, you should send an email or letter to Guest Services.

I don't have an email for the Yacht and Beach Club, but if you have feedback about specific CMs at the resort or anything else, I bet the General Manager would love to hear about it.

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

:thumbsup2

Yes this. And please try to remember a cast members name if that is relevant. We did comment about a very special cast member with mention of a magical moment. And while it takes some time, those shoutouts do get back to the cast members eventually. Because we visit often, he remembered us when we came back and took a moment to thank us for the shoutout.

Update: I just booked the Yacht Club for 07/27/15. Please add me to the Be Our Guest list. I'm only staying one night, because after that I switch to a hotel near the Orange County Convention Center to volunteer at Geekycon (formerly known as Leakycon).

Natebenma, thank you SOOOOO much for mentioning the discount. If I had waited, I might have been out of luck. BCV is sold out for that night, and all they had for Beach Club was club level, which is out of my price range.

Just witnessed my first pool hoppers near the gateway at Hurricane Hanna's. The adult male was a YC/BC guest who wanted to bring friends to the pool. The young woman at the gate was pleasant but firm and the guy was starting to get rude. I had to chime in and say that they make it pretty obvious that the pool is guest only.... I just couldn't help myself, Lol! I felt so sorry for that poor young woman but she handled herself really well.

We are packing (sadly) before heading off to O'hana for a last night dinner and a few last hours at MK. I. DON'T. WANT. TO. LEAVE........EVER!

I had to chime in and say that they make it pretty obvious that the pool is guest only.... I just couldn't help myself, Lol! I felt so sorry for that poor young woman but she handled herself really well.

We are packing (sadly) before heading off to O'hana for a last night dinner and a few last hours at MK. I. DON'T. WANT. TO. LEAVE........EVER!

And you instantly earned the respect and admiration of all us here on the Y&BC Board!

And thanks for taking us along on your trip! I've had a pseudo-blast!

Thanks for all the info on the buses from BC to MK. My kids are 16 and 11, so we haven't done morning EMH in years. I wonder if the buses are less crowded at around 11am? We never make fast passes before noon because my kids will never get up in time. I guess we will have to give the bus a try...but only to MK! I don't know why I care since we really only stay at the parks for 3-4 hours a day. I like to spend plenty of time relaxing by that awesome pool! But BC does make it SO easy to walk back over to Epcot at night...so nice.

Hey Folks.. I am back! Just switched from WL to BC CL tonight.

I am wondering if all the CL rooms have full balconies or do some have the Juliet kind

Hey Folks.. I am back! Just switched from WL to BC CL tonight.

I am wondering if all the CL rooms have full balconies or do some have the Juliet kind

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

Not all of the BC CL rooms have full balconies but a majority do. Over 3/4 of the rooms have full balconies on club level. So you should make full balcony a request on your room reservation if you want one.

:)

So I switched to BC mainly to be closer to Studios for SWW but following along I am getting very excited for the resort too!! Glad I built in the resort change day as a down day so we can explore the resort:)

Hello again from my last couple days at BC. We had another scorcher here today! Lots of fun in MK discovering things I hadn't done before. We rope dropped Epcot first then FP at MK then we went to hoop-dee-do, another first. We were first hot and tired though but once it started it was great. I think our photo will be hilarious because we look like sweaty, dirty, grumpy, tourists! After the show was over we decided not to boat back to MK and then bus to BC but instead take the zone bus from FW. Big mistake! Our poor driver was just taking all our resort information when he has rear ended by another bus! So then we are in a "crash reporting zone". The other bus got the worst of it because they were moving and we were parked. We had to give them all this information then they sent other buses to take us! They ended up mixing up the buses so we had people from all resorts on one bus. Luckily BC was third on a very long list of stops!
Last day of parks tomorrow and a very happy dd gets to meet Elsa!
Still love the BC and tonight I was especially grateful to see it!

I had to chime in and say that they make it pretty obvious that the pool is guest only.... I just couldn't help myself, Lol!

Yay!! Way to go! I'm sure CMs at the pool deal with this every day...they sound like they all handle it very well. Peeps just need be using their own resort pools or go to TL or BB!

Hello again from my last couple days at BC. We had another scorcher here today! Lots of fun in MK discovering things I hadn't done before. We rope dropped Epcot first then FP at MK then we went to hoop-dee-do, another first. We were first hot and tired though but once it started it was great. I think our photo will be hilarious because we look like sweaty, dirty, grumpy, tourists! After the show was over we decided not to boat back to MK and then bus to BC but instead take the zone bus from FW. Big mistake! Our poor driver was just taking all our resort information when he has rear ended by another bus! So then we are in a "crash reporting zone". The other bus got the worst of it because they were moving and we were parked. We had to give them all this information then they sent other buses to take us! They ended up mixing up the buses so we had people from all resorts on one bus. Luckily BC was third on a very long list of stops!

Wow...that's crazy!!! I've read quite a few TRs that when peeps get inconvenienced like this they hand out "use anytime" FP+...did you get anything?

On another note...I just saw an announcement that Frozen Summer will be back from June 17th through Sept ? Oh, and did anyone at the parks today see the Blue Angels flyover? I bet that was SWEET!!!!

Yay!! Way to go! I'm sure CMs at the pool deal with this every day...they sound like they all handle it very well. Peeps just need be using their own resort pools or go to TL or BB!

Wow...that's crazy!!! I've read quite a few TRs that when peeps get inconvenienced like this they hand out "use anytime" FP+...did you get anything?

On another note...I just saw an announcement that Frozen Summer will be back from June 17th through Sept ? Oh, and did anyone at the parks today see the Blue Angels flyover? I bet that was SWEET!!!!

We didn't get anything. It was all bus safety people and Disney police handling the situation. Our bus driver was really shook up, even though he was parked and did nothing wrong. One of the other passages helped him fill out his seating chart report because he was flustered. Once he didn't have to think about that he handed out the bus trading cards to the kids! I guess that's as good as a fast pass!

We went to Epcot this morning so missed the blue Angels

Suse66: May I add my THANK YOU along with all the others who have said the same thing. It is bad enough when guests should know better but when you stepped up and volunteered your $0.02 worth of support i am sure the CM really appreciated it.

Last edited:
page 206-208

You know the feeling when you find money in your pockets, imagine my surprise this morning when I was getting my restaurant/gas gift cards (we are driving) out of my drawer and I found 2 $50 Disney gift cards that I completely forgot I had. :donald::mickeyjum:goofy: We leave around 4pm tomorrow and will be at the Beach Club around 11am on Saturday!!!!

What a great find!!! Wishing you safe travels and a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

Thank you! I mean really, I know it's a great idea, but some more peer pressure certainly validates it even more! I like the photos I've seen of the new BC rooms, but I am sad that I couldn't get the rundisney discount at YC. I'd have liked to stay in those rooms once more before they remodeled. My first YC stay I had a water view on the first floor looking at the boat dock. I was there for the 5k, but I was able to see the wine & dine half runners run right past my room, which is exactly what made me want to run distance. It is all thanks to the YC!! :sail:I had 1 queen bed and a curtain separating the bed from the couch area. It was a perfect room for a solo. Anyone know if BC also has a similar set up??[/QUOTE]

Not sure if there is a similar set up at BC- There may be some king bed rooms like that. I think that might be the best way to try to request a room like that. "Solo traveler. Only one bed required"

:goodvibes

We plan on taking the bus to MK even though we will be driving down from Ohio. Looks like the most efficient way to make an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. Best thing about BC is not even having to worry about buses for Epcot and HS...and we have our car for AK, water parks, DTD. All the info on the buses has been great! Thanks everyone!!

One question: if you take the monorail back to Epcot from MK and Epcot is closed you can't walk to BC from the monorail exit, right? Guess you'd have to ride a bus then....

We took the monorail from MK to Epcot when Epcot had closed and they let us walk through the park to get to the BC, but that was years ago. I don't know if they will still let you walk through.

That is a good question. I think whether you would be permitted to walk through would be based on the CMs who were working that night. I wouldn't want to count on it since there are no buses that run from the front of EP to the Beach Club, so you could be stuck taking a taxi if you got there after EPCOT closes.

:car:

I'll be at the Beach Club May 14-20, 2015 for my first solo trip. I'm very excited!! :cool1::cheer2:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I posted this on another forum...so I thought I'd post here too since many have talked about waiting for the discounts.

Here's the details on the VISA cardholders special offer for the summer:

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...world-vacation-package-discounts/#dvsummerpkg

I'm waiting to book air fare in case our dates change for our fall trip....so we're waiting for the NEXT set of promotions....

:surfweb:

:thanks:

I have seen conflicting information on complimentary transfer of baggage from Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC. Realizing that the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney properties,
I understand that it's not official policy. Has anyone had any experience of it being done as a courtesy?

What about bringing a small rollaboard bag on the boat between the resorts?

I have heard you can't bring luggage onto the boats or buses. I am not positive about a small rolling bag, but I don't think they are allowed at the parks either (are they?). If not, then they probably can't be brought aboard.

:goodvibes

I have had my bags transferred from the Dolphin to the Boardwalk at least twice and also done the reverse from Beach Club over to the Dolphin. IME they do transfer luggage between the Disney resorts and the Swan & Dolphin.

It can take all day however so plan accordingly!

Thanks for posting this info!

I can't remember if you have posted here before, but just in case you haven't :welcome:

Only on page 71. At the rate I am reading this thread, I will never catch up! Think I need to put it in high gear.
:car:

Blah, Blah, Blah- when will the BC renovations be done?

We don't know.

There! You are caught up.

J/K ;)

So...very happy belated birthday Dee.
:bday:party:

Thank you so much. This one was one of those pesky milestone ones.

:eek:

So excited..... We just purchased our flights for our October Beach Club stay!! I think we got a pretty good deal :jumping1:. Only 209 more days to go.

Great news!

:)

Update: I just booked the Yacht Club for 07/27/15. Please add me to the Be Our Guest list. I'm only staying one night, because after that I switch to a hotel near the Orange County Convention Center to volunteer at Geekycon (formerly known as Leakycon).

Natebenma, thank you SOOOOO much for mentioning the discount. If I had waited, I might have been out of luck. BCV is sold out for that night, and all they had for Beach Club was club level, which is out of my price range.

I am so glad you saw the message and you were able to get a deal!

I'll add you to the list.

I think I have your email address kicking around- you will have to fill me in on Geekycon! Is it all :wizard: or is there other stuff too?

pixiedust:

Just witnessed my first pool hoppers near the gateway at Hurricane Hanna's. The adult male was a YC/BC guest who wanted to bring friends to the pool. The young woman at the gate was pleasant but firm and the guy was starting to get rude. I had to chime in and say that they make it pretty obvious that the pool is guest only.... I just couldn't help myself, Lol! I felt so sorry for that poor young woman but she handled herself really well.

Thanks for sharing that story. I can't believe people are still attempting to pool hop at SAB!

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking us along.

So I switched to BC mainly to be closer to Studios for SWW but following along I am getting very excited for the resort too!! Glad I built in the resort change day as a down day so we can explore the resort:)

:welcome:

Is your trip in June?

You are in the right place for a SWW trip!

:chewy:

YIKES!!! NOT a great way to end a long hot day! I hope nobody was hurt.

Have fun meeting the Snow Queen.

:woohoo:

Welcome to SPRING!!!! Yes, even for you DISers in the northeastern portion of these United States where you will get to revisit the snow and cold again this weekend, today Spring has sprung and thoughts of baseball, hot dogs and apple pie cannot be far behind.

We have booked our first trip to BC for July 4th weekend this year. I just got a letter in the mail stating that there will be some construction going on during our stay. Does anyone know what is going on then? The letter states that we will still have access to all the amenities. I hope that includes the pool, since that is one of the big reasons we booked there instead of BW.

Edit: Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already. I didn't see it anywhere. :-)

High HockyMomNH. Dee keeps updates on the first post of the refurbishment. The current word is fifth and fourth floors are completed, and the pool is either done or proceeds in sections so that it stays open. I also got the letter, and I'm going at the end of August.

Your Disney Cakes are cool. Tell us about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!