2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pencil you in on the BOG list.

Hopefully some of our running experts can give a convincing argument to book BC over Poly for the Wine & Dine Dash. I will just say "easy access to Food & Wine fest offerings..."

;)

Thank you! I mean really, I know it's a great idea, but some more peer pressure certainly validates it even more! I like the photos I've seen of the new BC rooms, but I am sad that I couldn't get the rundisney discount at YC. I'd have liked to stay in those rooms once more before they remodeled. My first YC stay I had a water view on the first floor looking at the boat dock. I was there for the 5k, but I was able to see the wine & dine half runners run right past my room, which is exactly what made me want to run distance. It is all thanks to the YC!! :sail:I had 1 queen bed and a curtain separating the bed from the couch area. It was a perfect room for a solo. Anyone know if BC also has a similar set up??

The buses I have taken to MK and AK (first thing in the morning) have always been just YC and BC.=QUOTE]

Like I said, it's been a few years...and I could be remembering coming BACK from MK and AK...not going right away int he AM...Thanks for the correction!

I would be at the bus stop by 5:30 at the latest.

Thank you kindly.

I suppose I should've been more specific, I just meant that we leave in time to get to an ADR. Now that I think about it, most of my ADRs we can make in a half hour, at YC, BC, Epcot, DHS, which I did not realize lol. Give yourself a full hour to get from BC to MK.

Glad this trip time responses have been consistent! There will be so much time salvaged by staying at BC. I do not feel too bad about using it at the pool!

I think the bus is the best way to get to the MK since it will take you directly to the entrance gates instead of the TTC if you are driving.

The actual time once you are on the bus is 12-15 minutes. I have timed it! :lmao: So you just have to factor in the time it takes for a bus to arrive.

Yes, the buses pick up at YC first. My trips to the MK are usually first thing in the morning (EMH) and I think there are usually a few buses that come at the same time, so I think we mostly get seats. Some people will walk over to the YC and catch the bus from there to avoid the chance of standing, though.

:cool2:

The buses I have taken to MK and AK (first thing in the morning) have always been just YC and BC.

:thumbsup2

Thank you very much for all the useful information Dee. Priceless.

Like I said, it's been a few years...and I could be remembering coming BACK from MK and AK...not going right away int he AM...Thanks for the correction!

I am less sure about the return ride since we rarely take the bus back FROM MK or AK. For MK, we usually go on the monorail to EP (It is TOO a ride) and for AK, our habit is to spend half a day, go to Blizzard Beach for a few hours, go to AKL Lodge for dinner at Boma, then hop over to HS for a bit before either taking the boat or walking back to the resort.

:)

Seems to me that the bus route for Beach Club (and this is a couple years old now) is Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin,Yacht Club, Beach Club...maybe not exactly accurate, but there are 5 resort stops if I remember correctly.

This has not been the case for several years, with the possible exception to DTD.

The buses stop first at YC then at BC. In October we were always able to get a seat on the MK bus in the AM. I timed our ride in October. It was 17 minutes to the "arches" on the road to the MK and 22 minutes to getting off the bus at the MK
It is much more efficient to take the bus than to drive to the TTC, take a tram to the front of the parking lot, take the Monorail or Ferry to the MK entrance. The bus stop is right at the main entrance to the MK Coming home our ride was first to the YC, then on to the BC
Have Fun

This has not been the case for several years, with the possible exception to DTD.

The buses stop first at YC then at BC. In October we were always able to get a seat on the MK bus in the AM. I timed our ride in October. It was 17 minutes to the "arches" on the road to the MK and 22 minutes to getting off the bus at the MK
It is much more efficient to take the bus than to drive to the TTC, take a tram to the front of the parking lot, take the Monorail or Ferry to the MK entrance. The bus stop is right at the main entrance to the MK Coming home our ride was first to the YC, then on to the BC
Have Fun

Thanks for correcting me...now I'm even MORE excited about staying at the BC if they don't make all the other stops!!!

:earboy2:

We plan on taking the bus to MK even though we will be driving down from Ohio. Looks like the most efficient way to make an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. Best thing about BC is not even having to worry about buses for Epcot and HS...and we have our car for AK, water parks, DTD. All the info on the buses has been great! Thanks everyone!!

One question: if you take the monorail back to Epcot from MK and Epcot is closed you can't walk to BC from the monorail exit, right? Guess you'd have to ride a bus then....

I'll be at the Beach Club May 14-20, 2015 for my first solo trip. I'm very excited!! :cool1::cheer2:

One question: if you take the monorail back to Epcot from MK and Epcot is closed you can't walk to BC from the monorail exit, right? Guess you'd have to ride a bus then....
We took the monorail from MK to Epcot when Epcot had closed and they let us walk through the park to get to the BC, but that was years ago. I don't know if they will still let you walk through.

I have seen conflicting information on complimentary transfer of baggage from Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC. Realizing that the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney properties,
I understand that it's not official policy. Has anyone had any experience of it being done as a courtesy?

What about bringing a small rollaboard bag on the boat between the resorts?

We took the monorail from MK to Epcot when Epcot had closed and they let us walk through the park to get to the BC, but that was years ago. I don't know if they will still let you walk through.
We had to take a bus to DHS which was luckily still open and then took the boat back to BC!
The kids were cracking up - but we were cranky and tired. They were laughing about how many different modes of transportation it took for us to get back to the hotel!

I have seen conflicting information on complimentary transfer of baggage from Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC. Realizing that the Swan and Dolphin are not Disney properties,
I understand that it's not official policy. Has anyone had any experience of it being done as a courtesy?

What about bringing a small rollaboard bag on the boat between the resorts?
I'd just take a cab to transfer me & luggage. It's so close. But if all you had was a small roller bag it may be quicker to walk. I don't know if boat would allow any luggage, small or not.

So excited..... We just purchased our flights for our October Beach Club stay!! I think we got a pretty good deal :jumping1:. Only 209 more days to go.

Trying to quote part of a post and that ended in disaster. I couldn't even figure out how to cancel my post before sending it! Where are the instructions for these boards for those of us who are technically challenged? I thought there used to be a link but I couldn't find it.

I couldn't find any instructions. Made me nuts. Then I discovered my biggest problem was that I kept getting logged out, for no apparent reason. So the reason I couldn't see how to post a reply, or do things like that, was because I was logged out.

What about bringing a small rollaboard bag on the boat between the resorts?[/QUOTE

I have had my bags transferred from the Dolphin to the Boardwalk at least twice and also done the reverse from Beach Club over to the Dolphin. IME they do transfer luggage between the Disney resorts and the Swan & Dolphin.

It can take all day however so plan accordingly!

I couldn't find any instructions. Made me nuts. Then I discovered my biggest problem was that I kept getting logged out, for no apparent reason. So the reason I couldn't see how to post a reply, or do things like that, was because I was logged out.

I was having that same problem until I started clicking the "Stay logged in" box next to the Login button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!