2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are at MK this morning- the Blue Angels precision air team will be doing flyovers of Cinderella's Castle at 9:30 am and 10 am.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-blue-angels-disney-world-flyover-20150318-post.html

page 205

I guess it's time to post that we are heading back to the world, quite unexpectedly. I had planned only DL this year (and we will be there June 2-9). But the lure of the 24 hour day, combined with SWW, got me to plan a short trip to WDW too. And to buy an AP so we can make more short trips. Well, the $59 each way airfare out of Atlanta had a lot to do with that too. Who can pass up such cheap airfare?

Anyway, we are heading to BC, Garden view room, 5/21 to 25. Cast is Me, DH and DGD7

It's our first stay at BC/YC. I picked it for ease of access to HS for SWW and to be able to run in the back gate to WS for some good eats.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1.

:cool1:

Great airfare!!! And you have totally nailed some of the most important reasons for a stay at the Beach Club.

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the online check-in options are for the Beach Club villas? Some friends are going in May and I'd like to help them with online check-in. I'm a bit worried about the BCV refurbishment starting now. Do you think it will be very disruptive?

I believe you have posted before, but if it has been awhile, :welcome: back

Nice of you to help out your friends- we have been asking guests to post their experience of staying at the resort during the refurbishment work. We have been told that the work will be done with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Areas of the resort may be taken out of service when work is being done in those parts of the building.

:goodvibes:

From WDW Magic:

MagicBands to be used in place of parking permit paperwork for resort guests

The traditional parking permits that are issued for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests are soon to be discontinued.

Beginning the roll-out today at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort, the parking permits will no longer be handed out at check-in, with guests now being asked to use their MagicBand for parking access.

Thank you for posting this!!!

:thanks:

Just got back from a delicious day at Typhoon Lagoon. When we arrived back and drove through the gates, they scanned our magic band for entry for the first time. Our gate guard also said "welcome home" which was music to my ears. I'll see if they scan magic bands when we head to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I like how easy the magic band makes everything. We are heading to Downtown Disney this evening so the boys can have some time at Disney Quest while we wander around and have a few bevvies. I managed to snag a ressie for a last night dinner at O'hana tomorrow night through MDE so we are all looking forward to that. We will hit Blizzard beach for a few hours on Friday after check out and then start the drive back north. This has been the best trip ever!

So glad your family is having a fantastic time! Thanks for reporting about the parking access.

:)

Trying to quote part of a post and that ended in disaster. I couldn't even figure out how to cancel my post before sending it! Where are the instructions for these boards for those of us who are technically challenged? I thought there used to be a link but I couldn't find it.

:headache:

I feel your pain!!! I have been having major battles with the DIS over the past few days with posting pictures and editing posts.

The very last subforum here on the DIS is "Technical Issues".

I need to update the information in the "How do I?" Section of my Other Useful Information post with the new features on the DIS, but I need to understand them first!!!

::yes::

The easiest way to quote part of a post is to highlight the part that you want to quote and then hit either the +quote or the reply that appears in the bubble that appears below the highlighted part. It is a new way to post and a little confusing.

:thanks:

I did not know this, but I love it!!! I actually tried it quoting a post above and it didn't work, but I will try try again!

These are now the non Club Level room types on Disney's booking engine - slight change.

• Standard View
    • Garden or Woods View
    • Lagoon or Pool View

Thanks!!!

I'll make the changes to the front page info where I discuss views.

I'm back! It's been a looooooong 4 years since our last WDW trip. I didn't think we'd be heading back for quite some time, so now I'm re-educating myself on everything that's changed since we were there last. We'll be at the BC July 29-August 4 :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I had a quick question-when we were last there in 2011, we ordered water from Staples and had it delivered before we arrived. DH had to go over to a conference area at the YC to pick it up and bring it back to the BC. Is this still how it works, or do they deliver it to your room? I'm ordering 2 cases this time. Thanks in advance!!!

A very excited :welcome: home to you!!!

I am so happy for your family!

Ill add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana::banana::banana:

Yes, still the case (pardon the pun) when you order water from Staples or anyplace else that delivers with UPS or FedX. Cases of water (24 pack of 12 oz. Dasani water) are available at the Marketplace for $16. Turner drug delivers for a small fee. I have a section in either the FAQ (Post 13) or Other Useful Info (Post 14) with options for water delivery.

Well, I'm back! Booked another room via rundisney for the wine & dine half in Nov. at BC. I tried for yacht this time but they weren't offering the discount there.

Now when this all started, I was planning on the much cheaper route of renting points for BCV or BWV, but the weekend of the 6th is already booked up as of what the agency said 2 weeks ago :( So right now I am considering if I should check again at the 7 month mark to see if anyone drops their room and moves, or I could also do a Poly studio for about $400 less than my BC ressie. BUT my rundisney room at BC qualifies as a package for Disney visa giving me 6 months 0% interest, so it really wouldn't come due until about April 2016.

That was a long way of asking you guys to convince me that I should keep my more expensive BC reservation :rolleyes1 :listen:

:welcome: back.

I'll pencil you in on the BOG list.

Hopefully some of our running experts can give a convincing argument to book BC over Poly for the Wine & Dine Dash. I will just say "easy access to Food & Wine fest offerings..."

;)

So on day 5 of the trip and it has been magical! we have had HOT weather and although we came from 30 below zero 2 weeks before we flew out and hoping for warm weather I didn't expect this! WOW!
I can't imagine being in this place in July! I was reading just above about people going rope drop to close and I cannot imagine. I love our mid day breaks at SAB. The pool is amazing.
We had a delicious dinner at BOG last night. So exciting for my DD. She was spellbound. Interesting when we went to check in to BOG there were people trying to get a table same day. They were dumbfounded you needed a reservation. My reservation was 6 months old! I mean it is a bit crazy how far in advance you need to plan a disney trip, but that's half the fun! We had beaches and cream for dinner tonight which was fine. Really it is all about the ice cream!
We are off to hoop-dee-do tomorrow a first for us.

Thanks for the great reports!!!

:cheer2:

Question for all of the YC veterans.. It is my first stay there (usually we are MK resort people)! I booked last July (and have checked a lot since then) and although we wanted water/pool view, garden view was the only thing available for our dates in early May. Our first room choices were ground floor gazebo view. Just realizing that the day bed is not guaranteed... We are a family or 4 and can do without but it is a bit nicer to have one. Should I add that to the room request or leave out. The location is definitely more important.

Question for all of the YC veterans.. It is my first stay there (usually we are MK resort people)! I booked last July (and have checked a lot since then) and although we wanted water/pool view, garden view was the only thing available for our dates in early May. Our first room choices were ground floor gazebo view. Just realizing that the day bed is not guaranteed... We are a family or 4 and can do without but it is a bit nicer to have one. Should I add that to the room request or leave out. The location is definitely more important.

It doesn't hurt to add it, just make sure it is clear what your priorities are:

"Ground floor gazebo view, please. Daybed if possible."

Do not do the online checkin. Discuss the location of your room and whether it has a daybed when you arrive at the resort. That way the CM at the front desk can let you know if your requests were met, or if there is a room available that better suits your needs (Request are not guaranteed, however)

Thanks for the help - will do.... except I already did online checkin... In the long run - we are at Disney and I am sure we will be ok with any room!

Lots of new reservations posted in the past few days!!!

:woohoo:

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to see if I have your information listed correctly. Thanks!

Be Our Guest list

You know the feeling when you find money in your pockets, imagine my surprise this morning when I was getting my restaurant/gas gift cards (we are driving) out of my drawer and I found 2 $50 Disney gift cards that I completely forgot I had. :donald::mickeyjum:goofy: We leave around 4pm tomorrow and will be at the Beach Club around 11am on Saturday!!!!

You know the feeling when you find money in your pockets, imagine my surprise this morning when I was getting my restaurant/gas gift cards (we are driving) out of my drawer and I found 2 $50 Disney gift cards that I completely forgot I had. :donald::mickeyjum:goofy: We leave around 4pm tomorrow and will be at the Beach Club around 11am on Saturday!!!!

OOOO...That's wonderful - have a great trip and report in when you can.

Woo hoo! That's fantastic! What a great way to start the day! Have a great trip.

That is fantastic!!!!

If you do start a PTR, please post here to let us know.

I get to add you to the list again???

:banana::banana::banana:
I definitely will :) And how cool is it that I get to do both resorts. I am totally doing a 2015 YC/BC CL comparison. This is my first F&G I am THRILLED to be blessed to make this quick trip in 44 days!!!!!

Exactly how and when can I make room requests like location and daybed? I am checking in on May 7th and I know NOT to check in online. Do I call the resort??

I guess it depends where the ADR is. If it's at Cape May the OP would just have to go to the lobby. If the ADR is somewhere in Epcot, it's a 5 minute walk. If the ADR is somewhere on the Boardwalk, another 5 minute walk. If the ADR is at DHS, it's about a 15 minute walk.

It sounds awesome! We are park hopping from HS to MK one day, and I figured since we were so close to BC from HS, we would likely try pool time on this day too. How much time should I plan for travel from BC to MK - we have ADR at Tony's at 6:30PM?

Cool find!

Exactly how and when can I make room requests like location and daybed? I am checking in on May 7th and I know NOT to check in online. Do I call the resort??

You make it through the same place you made your reservation. If it was a phone call to Disney (or online), call the Central Reservation Office. Will post number. If you made it through a third party travel agent, AAA, Orbitz, etc. you need to contact them to make the request.

Central Reservations Office: Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936

You can call anytime after you book, best to contact them no later than a week before your trip. What I like to do is call in my request as soon as I book it, and then follow-up a week to 10 days before the trip to make sure Disney has my request on file.

FYI: Summer discounts for Disney resorts have been released for Disney Visa customers. General Public discounts should be released in a few days. You can follow the thread in the Resorts discount subforum for more info.

Stay Dates: June 16-Aug 27

http://www.disneydining.com/disney-rooms-visa-summer-savings-just-released/

Stay in the middle of the magic with this great offer for summer travel. Save on rooms at select Disney World Resort hotels.

Rates vary by date and resort with savings up to 30%.

The number of available rooms is limited so make your reservation ASAP.

Usually Disney opens this offer to the general public a short time after the Visa offer so stay glued to our site for more news.

Excluded resorts include:

All Star Movies

Art of Animation Mermaid Standard Rooms

Bay Lake Towers

Campsites at Fort Wilderness

Port Orleans French Quarter

All 3 bedroom Villas

Villas at the Grand Floridian

Villa Bungalos at the Polynesian

Important Note! If you have a previous reservation booked directly through Disney you must contact Disney directly to request this discount.

:genie:

It sounds awesome! We are park hopping from HS to MK one day, and I figured since we were so close to BC from HS, we would likely try pool time on this day too. How much time should I plan for travel from BC to MK - we have ADR at Tony's at 6:30PM?

I would be at the bus stop by 5:30 at the latest.

I would be at the bus stop by 5:30 at the latest.

I have a question about buses from BC to MK. We haven't used the buses in years (we rent a car) because of waiting on the bus, often having to stand when your feet are already tired, and sometimes having LONG commute times depending on how many stops the bus makes. When we stay at a monorail resort, driving to the other parks is quick and easy (at least for us), but when staying at BC, obviously driving is a pain because you have to park, take a tram, and then still get on the monorail. So.... Do the buses stop at YC first before coming to BC so that all the seats are taken before arriving at BC? Or is it the other way around? How long does it take to get to MK by bus on average?
I'm just trying to figure out if the buses might be preferable when going to MK.

Seems to me that the bus route for Beach Club (and this is a couple years old now) is Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin,Yacht Club, Beach Club...maybe not exactly accurate, but there are 5 resort stops if I remember correctly.

How do you leave the hotel at 6 to get to an ADR at 6:30?

I guess it depends where the ADR is. If it's at Cape May the OP would just have to go to the lobby. If the ADR is somewhere in Epcot, it's a 5 minute walk. If the ADR is somewhere on the Boardwalk, another 5 minute walk. If the ADR is at DHS, it's about a 15 minute walk.

I suppose I should've been more specific, I just meant that we leave in time to get to an ADR. Now that I think about it, most of my ADRs we can make in a half hour, at YC, BC, Epcot, DHS, which I did not realize lol. Give yourself a full hour to get from BC to MK.

DH and I just decided to go ahead and buy Annual Passes! Still planning on our visit to BC (already on the BOG list). AND, we are planning a quick trip to Wilderness Lodge April 11-15. Just wanted to share!

Congrats!!!

:woohoo:

I have a question about buses from BC to MK. We haven't used the buses in years (we rent a car) because of waiting on the bus, often having to stand when your feet are already tired, and sometimes having LONG commute times depending on how many stops the bus makes. When we stay at a monorail resort, driving to the other parks is quick and easy (at least for us), but when staying at BC, obviously driving is a pain because you have to park, take a tram, and then still get on the monorail. So.... Do the buses stop at YC first before coming to BC so that all the seats are taken before arriving at BC? Or is it the other way around? How long does it take to get to MK by bus on average?
I'm just trying to figure out if the buses might be preferable when going to MK.

I think the bus is the best way to get to the MK since it will take you directly to the entrance gates instead of the TTC if you are driving.

The actual time once you are on the bus is 12-15 minutes. I have timed it! :lmao: So you just have to factor in the time it takes for a bus to arrive.

Yes, the buses pick up at YC first. My trips to the MK are usually first thing in the morning (EMH) and I think there are usually a few buses that come at the same time, so I think we mostly get seats. Some people will walk over to the YC and catch the bus from there to avoid the chance of standing, though.

:cool2:

Seems to me that the bus route for Beach Club (and this is a couple years old now) is Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin,Yacht Club, Beach Club...maybe not exactly accurate, but there are 5 resort stops if I remember correctly.

The buses I have taken to MK and AK (first thing in the morning) have always been just YC and BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!