2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jay. Almost worth it. Just boarded. Have a great week all.

Off to see the wizard!

Hooray! Better late than never.

At about 3:00 p.m. you will be feeling warm sun on your face and not one ounce of snow in sight. That's absolutely worth the wait!

I'm happy to say that we bailed on the Poly as well. The best part of all is that they dug and dug for us and snagged us a room at the BC. So now we don't have to run around, we just have to go down to the front desk the next day and check in for our BounceBack. Nice and easy!!!

Jay

Oh no Dee! Your experience is exactly why we don't even try to leave CT in February! As tempting as it is to escape the winter the worst is not being able to escape when you want to!
I did online check in today! Very excited. I like the idea of the expedited check in and am hopeful there will be minimal technical troubles. Just really need to make sure we get a daybed. Last time I had to go around with a Cast Member looking at rooms while they searched for one with a daybed. What do you think about calling before we arrive to make sure this time isn't a problem?
That's good idea! I might call the morning of the day we check in just to make sure it has a daybed. We too are a family if 5. Didn't request one since I figured they would accommodate us, but we will also be there Easter week so it will be crowded.

I'll pencil you in for the Girls trip in May 2016 (we have a few listings for next year) and your family can be the first ones on the list for 2017. You can let us know the details when you have them!

I saw you added us to the Be Our Guest list!!!! Thank you Dee, have a great trip :)

We are so excited to be staying at BCV Oct 3-9. I wanted through the 10th but it wasn't available--rented points. Anyway it's our first adult only trip and looking forward to this resort :).

Last year we stayed at the BC for a night after our cruise. We are a family of 5, and we got a room without a daybed. Unfortunately, it was also one of the smaller rooms that has the slightly sloping roof just where the balcony is, so while we did have a full balcony, the rollaway they gave us completely blocked all access to it. The daybed made the room incredibly crowded and uncomfortable. We were on the CL, and the resort was sold out, so we could not move to a room with a daybed. I'm sure it's rare that this happens, and it's more likely if you are only staying a night or two like we were. It didn't ruin our time there, because it was such a short stay. I don't think I'd have felt the same way if we were given that room for a week long or more trip. We are staying at the CR for our next trip, with a shorter stay at the YC at the end of it. We still love the BC/YC.

We're there for two weeks and that would be a definite bummer! As much as we want to try BC, it's becoming clearer that it's risky for that length of stay. Ahhhhh! So torn!

Thanks for adding us to the Be Our Guest thread. Have a great trip Dee!

On another side note, you guys are hilarious. I am still laughing at the Mermaid tail pictures.

I checked last night and availability had suddenly opened up for our dates at YC! And even more shockingly, we were able to use our bounceback, so we switched! We are SO excited because we completely fell in love with the resort and the whole area last time during the two days we were able to spend there and were more than a little bummed there was no availability for our stay. So we'll be staying at YC Nov 8-13!

That's good idea! I might call the morning of the day we check in just to make sure it has a daybed. We too are a family if 5. Didn't request one since I figured they would accommodate us, but we will also be there Easter week so it will be crowded.
It's not too late to call and have the request added to your reservation. :)

Yay for Dee! Enjoy the sunshine and warmth! Please bring some back for all of us up north-had some sun today but it was a high of 4, brrrr.

Shoreward-thanks for the additional suggestions. DD turns 21 on our second night at BC and DS turns 19 on our last day (at WL-his choice). He's headed off to college so we're trying to enjoy his time before college. He's the picky one of course...now he's thinking maybe we should try the bread pudding from 'Ohana. Arg! DD just wants a tiara and to drink around the world...Anyway I really appreciate the ideas because knowing him we will be back to ice cream cake by the time we head down in July.

Abow75-We had a lagoon view room last year that did not have a daybed. We had a roll-a-way brought in and didn't find it too crowded in our room so if that is what happens hopefully it works out for you too. Our room had an adjoining door and we put the bed in front of it so that was really all that was blocked in that particular room. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!