2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I know I've seen it mentioned a few times on here, what's up with the towels on the chairs at stormalong bay? Do people really stake out chairs hours in advance? That's crazy!

I would totally do the pool noodle towel-removal job, Ninja Mom, with no shame, if that's true. :ssst:

~Cari~

Thank you, Ninja Mom and natebenma for the info. We will be driving our car but like to take Disney transportation as much as possible. Sounds like the bus is the way to go to the MK. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to being a part of this thread!!

I just noticed that on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday, the movies will be shown in the Solarium. On Monday, Wed, Friday and Saturday the movies will be shown on the beach.

I don't know why the movie viewing location was altered- I don't remember seeing that before.

Here's a quick question for all you YC experts...

I asked our TA to submit this room request with our YC Standard View reservation: high floor on Crescent Lake side of the resort.

The TA came back with "the water views are not Standard so I cannot guarantee that for you. I did get Disney to request the higher floor though."

I was not asking for a water view, just a standard view room on the lake side of the resort. Do these room types exist? I thought they did after checking Touring Plan's YC room finder... :confused3

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Martin

Bumping this up.

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if there were not a few standard view rooms overlooking rooftops on the lake side, back of the resort.

If I were you, I would go back to the TA and ask again for her to add the request- what could it hurt???

:)

Thanks for the bump... that's what I was thinking as far as rooms go.

I plan to fax our room request 7-10 days before we arrive. I'll probably just leave the current request stand until then.

Martin

Dee, you've taken the monorail route from the Poly to BC/YC, right? Or maybe from the MK? I was thinking it might be a nicer way to go to the Beach Club after we check out at the Poly. Only hitch is luggage, which I understand can take quite some time to arrive. Faster to take a cab, but I don't want to schlep a car seat to Florida. I could always cab it there with tthe luggage, check in, and meet my sister in Epcot, which would probably be more fun for them (they can take the monorail). Not sure if I posted about this in August, but my mom called me on her cell phone from the Pangani Forest Trail saying she was lost and asking how to get to the exit. My sister's sense of direction is, if possible, worse than my mother's. So maybe everyone cabbing it is the best way to go...

Dee, you've taken the monorail route from the Poly to BC/YC, right? Or maybe from the MK? I was thinking it might be a nicer way to go to the Beach Club after we check out at the Poly. Only hitch is luggage, which I understand can take quite some time to arrive. Faster to take a cab, but I don't want to schlep a car seat to Florida. I could always cab it there with tthe luggage, check in, and meet my sister in Epcot, which would probably be more fun for them (they can take the monorail). Not sure if I posted about this in August, but my mom called me on her cell phone from the Pangani Forest Trail saying she was lost and asking how to get to the exit. My sister's sense of direction is, if possible, worse than my mother's. So maybe everyone cabbing it is the best way to go...

I wonder if you can request a car seat from cab company? Maybe someone would know? Mears is the cab company Disney uses, you could call and ask. Seems too much work to drag a car seat for one 10 min drive.

If you're planning on spending the day at Epcot, walking from Poly to the TTC for Epcot monorail is the way to go! If you're planning on checking into BC first, maybe the bus to DHS would be easier, then walk or boat to BC. So you don't have to get on line at Epcot for bag checking :

Getting lost on Pangani trail :dance3: hilarious!

I have never done online check in. Does anyone know off hand what the room request choices are for both he YC and BC?

Tara - I love the monorail ride from the TTC to Epcot. One of my favorite rides at all of Disney! OK so the luggage....we have resort hopped several times. Typically have just taken a cab to the new resort with the luggage. So cab would be easiest if you can check out the car seat situation as Sue suggested.

Good luck. Great thing about Disney, lots of helpful CM's for those directionally challenged individuals.

Rebecca

I was hoping to do a split stay between the YC and AKL. All of the standard rooms are booked solid for any dates that we would be able to travel during 2015! I guess I will try for 2016 at YC. When should I book? Is the YC that popular?

I was hoping to do a split stay between the YC and AKL. All of the standard rooms are booked solid for any dates that we would be able to travel during 2015! I guess I will try for 2016 at YC. When should I book? Is the YC that popular?

If you can't find what you are looking for thru Disney, try looking at availability on Orbitz. Sometimes, Orbitz will have the room type/dates you are looking for, while other booking channels will not.

Also, by entering an Orbitz promo code, such as review15, you will get an extra 15% discount.

Maybe someone has some insight into why YC is booked thru 2015 :confused3 I know this year they will be under going room refurbs, so there will be less inventory, but beyond that don't know!

If you can't find what you are looking for thru Disney, try looking at availability on Orbitz. Sometimes, Orbitz will have the room type/dates you are looking for, while other booking channels will not.

Also, by entering an Orbitz promo code, such as review15, you will get an extra 15% discount.
Thank you!! :)
Maybe someone has some insight into why YC is booked thru 2015 :confused3 I know this year they will be under going room refurbs, so there will be less inventory, but beyond that don't know!
I even checked out other dates and I couldn't find a thing. There are some garden view rooms, but that was it! :confused3

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

Guest Lists:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

Last edited Jan 2 page 155

Yacht Club, July 18-25 :banana: Celebrating 15yr anniversary!

I was able to switch our resort from the YC to the BC for our April 15 - 21st trip by booking through Orbitz. I hated to make the reservation through a third party, especially since I had to pay in full, but it was the only way I could get a reservation at the BC. And I got a 40% discount using their current special offer. It seems like Disney is giving Orbitz an exclusive listing for these rooms since there isn't any availability for any room at the YC/BC for these dates through Disney. But Orbitz has rooms. :confused3

I was able to switch our resort from the YC to the BC for our April 15 - 21st trip by booking through Orbitz. I hated to make the reservation through a third party, especially since I had to pay in full, but it was the only way I could get a reservation at the BC. And I got a 40% discount using their current special offer. It seems like Disney is giving Orbitz an exclusive listing for these rooms since there isn't any availability for any room at the YC/BC for these dates through Disney. But Orbitz has rooms. :confused3
That is what confuses me. I found a great deal through the Orbiz site, (thank you Shoreward!), on a standard room at the BC for June. We are wanting to go in July though, but June could work. I just don't like paying it all upfront! I checked out the Disney site and there was no availability. I really want to book this! But I have never went outside of Disney as far as reservations go.

Thank you!! :)

I even checked out other dates and I couldn't find a thing. There are some garden view rooms, but that was it! :confused3

That's what I'm trying to figure out, too. We booked a BB in Oct for YC mid-Nov 2015. My ILs went to book a few days later and nothing available. One CM said it's a race weekend but that's not the weekend of F&W marathon, so I don't know.

Hey everyone!! So excited to be posting here!!!! We just decided to book out very FIRST stay at BC!!!!!!

We will head down august 26-sept 2

We have been to wdw a few times but never in august!!

I am not familiar with BC at all so any advice or tips are greatly appreciated!!

I plan to start reading through this thread!!!

Do you guys think the resort refurb will be done by the time we arrive?? I am really only concerned with the pool not being open.
Tia!!!! So excited for my kids!!!!

This is probably a silly question...I begin making my fast pass + selections next month. Does everyone in my family EACH get 3 fast passes or do we as a family get 3 per day? Thanks!!

This is probably a silly question...I begin making my fast pass + selections next month. Does everyone in my family EACH get 3 fast passes or do we as a family get 3 per day? Thanks!!
It's 3 per person per day (limited to 1 park). They can be the same 3 or 3 different attractions for each person. When you go in to make your selections, you will choose the party that you are selecting for, which can be everyone or just one or 2 people. There is a great thread on here that details the entire process with MDX screen shots - check it out!

We are checking in on Saturday, Nov. 7. Our plans are to check in, and then return our rental car to the WDW Dolphin hotel and walk back to the Beach Club. About how long should we expect our walk to be? Just want to be prepared!

We do that all the time. Depending where your room at the BC I would say 15 minutes tops at a leisurely pace. It is quicker to walk along the YC/BC boardwalk/walkway than going through YC/BC lobbies. Have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter