2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am incredibly excited to be at the beautiful Beach Club this March from the 13th to the 20th! We booked a Deluxe CL room as we have three boys and thought a little extra space would be good. I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a deluxe room and what their experiences were like. We are planning a few nice lunches, a night at Hoop dee doo and a couple of dinners. We are really looking forward to being so close to Epcot and the Studios. This is our third trip but our last trip was five years ago so I am sure there will be many new things to discover!

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about all the BC has to offer!

Susan

I am incredibly excited to be at the beautiful Beach Club this March from the 13th to the 20th! We booked a Deluxe CL room as we have three boys and thought a little extra space would be good. I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a deluxe room and what their experiences were like. We are planning a few nice lunches, a night at Hoop dee doo and a couple of dinners. We are really looking forward to being so close to Epcot and the Studios. This is our third trip but our last trip was five years ago so I am sure there will be many new things to discover!

Susan

Hi Susan. My family was lucky enough to stay in one of the deluxe rooms two years ago and loved the extra room. We did not care that the room was not on the fifth floor ... just used the elevator to get to and from lounge. To us it was not inconvenient at all. And you will be lucky enough to experience the new lounge. It is so beautiful and LARGE!!!! Have a super time!!!!

Just got back this past Friday the 26th from our first stay at the Beach Club. It was wonderful! Loved the new rooms. We had room 5685. Two beds and daybed. Lovely view of the boardwalk and stormalong bay. We were surprised that there were 2 large stains on the new carpet upon entering the room. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Loved the Beach Club location. Hoping to add on to our DVC points by picking up some Beach Club points! There was still quite a bit of construction going on on the 5th floor while we were there. Looked like they rushed things a bit to be open in time for the Xmas crowds. Outlets were loose in our room, no lightbulbs in lamps. But all in all we had a great trip and loved the Beach Club!

Just got back this past Friday the 26th from our first stay at the Beach Club. It was wonderful! Loved the new rooms. We had room 5685. Two beds and daybed. Lovely view of the boardwalk and stormalong bay. We were surprised that there were 2 large stains on the new carpet upon entering the room. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Loved the Beach Club location. Hoping to add on to our DVC points by picking up some Beach Club points! There was still quite a bit of construction going on on the 5th floor while we were there. Looked like they rushed things a bit to be open in time for the Xmas crowds. Outlets were loose in our room, no lightbulbs in lamps. But all in all we had a great trip and loved the Beach Club!

Welcome back and thanks for the review! I'm surprised they still have loose ends on the 5th floor -- it does sound like they might've rushed it a bit. We'll be there over Easter week and can't wait to see the new lounge and new rooms. I struggled with which view to book, normally we go with Lagoon View but we've had terrible luck getting a room with daybed (a cot worked for sleeping but really took away from the room and trying to get out on our balcony), so I opted to pay for just a standard view and am super nervous about our view because we LOVE a great view but I just couldn't risk booking a better view and not getting a daybed room again. And the odds of getting a daybed in the garden rooms were even worse than LV rooms.....so.....standard view here we come!

One week from today and I will be putting the finishing touches on packing and getting ready to head to the airport hotel for an overnight stay before our AM flight!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are starting out our vacation at the "dark side" of Orlando so I'm not quite to a week out from Disney yet but STILL! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just got the 30% Spring Break discount today! We are there Easter week so the prices were crazy but it was the only time we could go. We thought they would black out that week, but No!! I just saved $1,300! Beach, yacht and boardwalk all had the greatest discounts!

Thanks so much for the info! Did you like it? I just put in a request for that view for our first ever YC stay in three weeks.
Funny you should ask. The DW and I were just discussing it last night. I myself preferred the rooms we have had with the gazebo view but DW really liked being able to watch the fireworks from the WS at night. There was no noise to speak of which I kind of found surprising and to be honest, the proximity to the elevators and lobby were outstanding as well as the ease of slipping out one of the secret entrances (fire escapes) when we were headed to the boat dock. We had room 3151 which I know you do not want to specifically ask for but when you check in you might want to see if your room is somewhere in that general numbering scheme. Hope you have a really great time.

Katesdad

Funny you should ask. The DW and I were just discussing it last night. I myself preferred the rooms we have had with the gazebo view but DW really liked being able to watch the fireworks from the WS at night. There was no noise to speak of which I kind of found surprising and to be honest, the proximity to the elevators and lobby were outstanding as well as the ease of slipping out one of the secret entrances (fire escapes) when we were headed to the boat dock. We had room 3151 which I know you do not want to specifically ask for but when you check in you might want to see if your room is somewhere in that general numbering scheme. Hope you have a really great time.

Katesdad

Thanks so much again for the information! I didn't even realize those rooms could have a view of the WS fireworks! We tend to like feeling like we are in the middle of it all, so that is why I thought this particular courtyard view might suit us better than the gazebo view. I'm glad to hear, though, that the room wasn't too loud. The gazebo view looks lovely as well, so looks like we can't really lose either way! :thumbsup2 And thank you for your well wishes. :goodvibes

I just got the 30% Spring Break discount today! We are there Easter week so the prices were crazy but it was the only time we could go. We thought they would black out that week, but No!! I just saved $1,300! Beach, yacht and boardwalk all had the greatest discounts!

Same here, isn't it awesome?!! I had our flights and dining booked a long time ago and we had our hearts set on BC but couldn't justify the rack rate cost of Easter week. So 30% off each night Easter week = BC here we come again!!

Same here, isn't it awesome?!! I had our flights and dining booked a long time ago and we had our hearts set on BC but couldn't justify the rack rate cost of Easter week. So 30% off each night Easter week = BC here we come again!![/QUOTE

It made my day! We've only been to WDW once and stayed at the Caribbean. When I booked this summer my husband said to stay around 5,000 (we are a fam of 5) but it came up to 7,000...which I said don't worry, well get the spring break discount I've heard about. Then I was told that Easter week is usually not included and my husband wanted me to change resorts but I told him we could make it work and if we had to change last minute we would! This was an awesome surprise...I'm super excited!

:cool1:

Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list?!

We will be at the Beach Club, garden view, April 11 - 20th, 2015.

Alicia and Tom, DS 10, DS 7, and DD 4

We usually stay at the Poly, and it's going to feel weird not being there - feels like "home" when I walk in - but we said last time that it might be nice to try the Beach Club as it is soooooo close Epcot and DHS and has a built-in water park. We'll have to walk through Epcot to get to the monorail to MK....we love the monorail or, as my littlest one calls it...the mamarail.

page 147-150

:welcome:

I didn't see you on the Be Our Guest list. Is your trip in August?

I don't think that the chances of a full balcony change based on view category. The rooms with the smaller Juliet balconies are spread throughout the resort, all view categories. If you are able to switch your booking to the Yacht Club, all of the rooms there have full balconies.

:thumbsup2

:woohoo:

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. I will stick with standard view then. Please add us to the Be our Guest list. My family and I will be at our beloved BC from 2nd to 6th Aug :thumbsup2

What specific room request(s) would need to be made for a room in this location?
Well, I was YC - GV so I guess you can ask for "courtyard view" or "back door view" and you should be there. I had asked the TA I used to make the reservation (back in the day when there were AAA discount rates) to ask for "gazebo view" but I'm pretty sure the TA was really a DA when it came to WDW vacations and didn't follow through with that request. I seemed to know a whole lot more than she did through the whole process. I just really used them for the discount (which is no longer availalbe which means I no longer need to use them).

Katesdad

Well, I was YC - GV so I guess you can ask for "courtyard view" or "back door view" and you should be there. I had asked the TA I used to make the reservation (back in the day when there were AAA discount rates) to ask for "gazebo view" but I'm pretty sure the TA was really a DA when it came to WDW vacations and didn't follow through with that request. I seemed to know a whole lot more than she did through the whole process. I just really used them for the discount (which is no longer availalbe which means I no longer need to use them). Katesdad
Thank you!

We are also YC-GV, so will try requesting courtyard / gazebo view and see if that works. Hopefully I have better TA than you did :)

page 150-152

I've been reading a lot of bad reviews for YC, is it worth switching to BC? We are booked for August through a "magical deal", but hope we aren't going to be disappointed. We enjoy Epcot and Hollywood more thank MK, so YC or BC seemed to make the most sense, any suggestions would be great.

You are definitely in the right place if you enjoy EPCOT and HS. I would be happy staying at either and I wouldn't let other's reviews change my plans. The only comments I will make are that you are guaranteed to have a full balcony at YC, but only about 50% of the rooms at BC have the larger balconies. On the flip side, I think a majority of the refurb work on the rooms at BC will be done by the time of your trip, so there is a chance you could get one of the new rooms. Work may still be going at the BC at the time of your trip. The work should not pose a disruption to guests, but that may be another consideration for you.

:goodvibes

Gee, I don't know what "bad" things people are saying about the YC but I think if you were to look back through this thread you will see a lot of "positive" comments about the resort (mine included). The BC is just as nice and if you feel that you would not be happy with a stay at the YC I think you are best served in switching and not being concerned about what others are saying. That's just one less thing to worry about for your WDW stay and I know there are a lot of other things to worry about! However, just to be fair, we know that there are people that have had bad experiences but you will find those happening at any of the places you might want to stay (hey, it happens to all of us). Overall, I think the people staying at the YC have had positive comments to make and when they did encounter an issue, the hotel management did their best to resolve the problem when and where they could do so.

Katesdad

Thanks for your feedback.

:)

Finally had a chance to stop by the thread to take a peek at the room refurbishment photos...wow!! Up until now, I have not been a fan of any of the Disney Resort room refurbs of the last couple of years...always look like any hotel anywhere to me. Not this time...they managed a beachy yet elegant design. Love the hidden Mickey touches and of course, the wall print. Hope to enjoy it personallyn in 2015.

Dee, thank you so much for keeping us in the loop...and thanks to all who send pics, and of course, always our Teena!

A belated Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the kind words! :hug:

The new rooms are exquisite!

::yes::

What page (post numbers) are renovation pictures on?

I think they start around p. 139, but if you go to the first post on this thread, I have a link to some pictures.

:thumbsup2

Susan

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Sounds like a spectacular trip.

There is a link to some pictures of Deluxe Rooms and information, in the Club Level Post on Page 1. I think the post is Post 12.

:)

Can't remember if you have posted before, so

Thanks for your feedback.

A lot of people have speculated that it would be difficult to keep the light rug in the new rooms clean. I guess you have confirmed that!

Any chance you have any pictures of the room and particularly the view that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo? I don't have any from Room 5685.

::yes::

Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list?!

We will be at the Beach Club, garden view, April 11 - 20th, 2015.

Alicia and Tom, DS 10, DS 7, and DD 4

We usually stay at the Poly, and it's going to feel weird not being there - feels like "home" when I walk in - but we said last time that it might be nice to try the Beach Club as it is soooooo close Epcot and DHS and has a built-in water park. We'll have to walk through Epcot to get to the monorail to MK....we love the monorail or, as my littlest one calls it...the mamarail.

I am happy to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Glad to hear you are trying the EPCOT neck of the woods. Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

mamarail! That's funny!

:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!