• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 last year for Osborne lights?

There are rumors going around that 2013 may be the last year to see the Osborne lights at DHS. It is unknown whether they will find a new home or will go away entirely.

Maybe.
Maybe not.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Okay, I really hope Robo is right.)

Now I am *really* wishing we would have upgraded our tix to APs before we left on Sunday.

DH has never seen the Osborne lights, and we figured next year we'd go down for the holidays.

Edited: If they do end up doing Star Wars Land, it would make total sense to move the lights to the front entrance of the park. They would look amazing up there

I hope this is not true. We usually go between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the Osbourn Lights is my DH's favorite thing to do. This year, we're going in August since our DS will be deployed overseas soon and we're trying to get a trip in before he leaves, so if this is true, we've seen them already for the last time. :scared:

Going to miss them!

Anybody know if they will come back? So happy that we have seen them before - I just love remembering the look on the kids faces when they catch "snow"

I even miss the lights of wonder they used to have at Epcot.

I really do hope that Disney starts to ramp up their decorations. Over the years they have dwindled down unfortunately, but isn't there enough market research to prove that more Christmas decorations help promote merchandise sales?

I love how someone in that link calls it the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular.

Oh I hope this is not true saw them for the first time last year but they start the day we leave this year so we will miss them :sad2:

I love how someone in that link calls it the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular.

On a WDW bus a few years back, either this lady was the best actress ever or it was as funny as DW and I thought. She was going on and on about Ozzy decorating DHS with lights each year and how she never would have put Ozzy and Disney together. :)

Does anyone know the dates yet for this year. Will be arriving Jan. 8, 2014 and hoping they will still be on.

Thanks!

If they do away with the Osborn lights I will not travel to Disney again for Christmas. They have already done away with the Christmas lights on the bridge at Epcot enough is enough.

ru·mor
Rumor

Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth:

Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account:

Don't get too worked up about something that hasn't been announced by Disney.

ru·mor
Rumor

Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth:

Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account:

Don't get too worked up about something that hasn't been announced by Disney.

You are correct.

HOWEVER, if the Star Wars and/or Pixar Place expansion rumors are to be believed (and those really are picking up a lot of steam as of late), then Streets of America is leaving and thus no place to put the lights (for now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter