2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

So sorry to hear this... being from a military family and marrying a person who was in the military this is so sad hear. Whenever I hear this kind of news it brings back memories of growing up on base. I will keep his family and yours in my prayers. :grouphug:

~Nannette

Thank you for all the prayers. We are very fortunate that DH's new duty station is a nondeployable unit. Unfortunately he has had to deal with more losses this year than anyone should have to.

Thank you for all the prayers. We are very fortunate that DH's new duty station is a nondeployable unit. Unfortunately he has had to deal with more losses this year than anyone should have to.

So sorry for your loss.

Just remember, life can only get better.

Sorry for your loss. I wanted to say thank you for the service your husband has given to our country and to you for supporting him

Best wishes

We've decided on dates!! May 8-17, 2014, all at YC :cool1:

Now if I could just hurry up and book, or I will keep changing my mind!!

Wow, I've missed a couple of days and now I have some catching up to do!

First off - Tinkerbell's mama - so sorry for your loss.

Jakey - nice pictures of your family!

Ninja Mom - 3 days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!!

:lmao:

All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)

So great that you've found a great way to share the Disney excitement with him. :goodvibes

Boy that Mike really gets around. Seems like he has a Dis-Boards lady in every port...... ;)

~NM

:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Thanks! Now to meet the rest of you!!!! One day!

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Love this picture!

Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, prayers will be said.

Ninja Mom - 3 days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

OMG!! You're right! it's three days away and I totally forgot.
(Not really) I've been inundated with "Mom will you sew this button on", "Mom where are my pool shoes?", "Mom I need more underwear".... the list goes on and on! What I want to know is how the underwear got to be 'missing' in the first place! :confused3 If you see three boys running barefoot and 'nekked' around the parks they belong to me! Sigh......

~NM :yoda:

pages 93-96

40 days and I'm playing around with mine too!

Wish I was at WDW on the 7th to meet with y'all again!

Dee, we'll call our meet the 2013 Sunken Treasure Meet! We'll be at SAB most mornings and afternoons. If anyone else is around (Buzzy, you're not invited), you'll recognize me with my laminated Sunken Treasure recipe card and my nose might be tinged green....ya know how babies noses turn orange when they eat lots of sweet potatoes and carrots? Yeah, that'll be me, just green from Sunken Treasures. :drink:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How about the 2013 "Drunken Treasures" meet (the treasures referring to US). I am tentatively thinking of trying to arrange something late afternoon/early evening on Thursday July 18. Will keep everyone posted.

:woohoo:

I am nervous spending two TS credits on a pl
ace that gets lukewarm reviews. I've read good reviews and some not-so-great reviews. Everyone in my family LOVES steak except for me and since I'm in charge of the itinerary, Yachtsman's doesn't make the cut.

What does everyone think of Captain's Grille for dinner?

We enjoyed our meal at the Captain's Grille back in 2010. We are going back again this year, with a special guest, incidentally on Thursday July 18.

:thumbsup2

And just so you all know, I got hooked on Sunken Treasures...to the point that our steakhouse here, J.Gilberts sees me coming and makes it for me without asking :thumbsup2

LOVED YC and this thread. I learned so much and can't wait to get back to it!!!
but first, a reunion at the Poly, then a cruise....and then YC you are all mine!!!!!

Love it!!!

:goodvibes

Does anyone know if there's a dress code at Todd English Bluezoo?

BUMP!

Dee- we have a slight change in dates... we are taking 2 days off our reservation( for a happy reason) we are now 7/2-7/8 BC GV - just applied the AP discount:cool1:

Dee- one more thing...can you add me and DH to the list for the 4th annual meet

Got it! New dates and RSVP for meet. I'll make the updates in the morning.

:goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving for our vacation in 25 days. Staying at The Beach Club
Woo Hoo !

Can you all tell me what is a good tip for Mousekeeping? Should I leave an envelope daily with something. Just curious what most people do.

Also for Club Level if I bring a gift from home for the lounge CM's How many should I bring and when do you give them their gifts at the end of the trip or the beginning? Again just curious.

Thank you :)

We leave $4-5 per day for Mousekeeping (family of 4) and $2 per day for turndown service.

Coming up with gifts for the CL CMs takes some creativity. As others have indicated, gifts with local flavor from your hometown area, especially something to be shared, is a great idea. It is tough to know when- there are probably 6-8 different CMs you will encounter during your stay, and not all of them will be there every day.

More feedback and suggestions welcomed, folks.

:)

Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!

New dates duly noted!

:cool1:

We will be staying at BC next week. It's our first time staying there and we are so excited!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

:welcome:

Enjoy your stay! :yay:

Hi, everyone. :wave2:

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony. :thumbsup2

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast. ;)

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. :goodvibes Thanks!

Glad to hear your trip is off to a great start.

:woohoo:

Dee thanks so much for posting pics for us challenged people :upsidedow
We had a great meet. Was so much fun meeting up with fellow Disers that I've spoken with for quite awhile, and finally get to meet in person!
We even got to watch the Disney ship they were on sail off on the next voyage up to Alaska.

What fun!

Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N

Chip and Dale are so much fun here! The last time we went, Chip saw that Donald Duck wrote #1 in our DD's autograph book, so he turned the page and wrote Chip #1. When Dale saw that, he crossed it out and wrote Dale #1. The two went back and forth quite a bit in the autograph book. It was quite funny and our DDs ate it up!

By the way, the salad is awesome too! We try to eat here every time at Disney World as it's the most relaxed character meal. Hope you have a great time!

OMG!! You're right! it's three days away and I totally forgot.
(Not really) I've been inundated with "Mom will you sew this button on", "Mom where are my pool shoes?", "Mom I need more underwear".... the list goes on and on! What I want to know is how the underwear got to be 'missing' in the first place! :confused3 If you see three boys running barefoot and 'nekked' around the parks they belong to me! Sigh......

~NM :yoda:

I'm right there with you!!!

If you see me out around the parks, be sure and say hi!!!!

So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Awesome! Have you been before? I went a few years ago thought it was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to taking DH!

~N

Yes we were there last year and it was so much fun!! I'm extra glad that we went bc Halloween ended up being a blackout here at home for us bc of Sandy so no trick or treating or dressing up. I can't wait to be back!

Awesome! Have you been before? I went a few years ago thought it was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to taking DH!

~N

Yes we were there last year and it was so much fun!! I'm extra glad that we went bc Halloween ended up being a blackout here at home for us bc of Sandy so no trick or treating or dressing up. I can't wait to be back!

Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N

Solo trip ? I may be there during those dates as well . Don't think that DH will make it. I have done solo before and WDW is awesome to solo travelers

I'm so sorry for your loss. My cousin is on his 4th tour and is currently in Afghanistan and it's so hard to hear about each and every loss.

Hi, everyone! :wave2: May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

My main concerns w/ the Beach Club are as follows:

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

2. We may or may not have a full balcony,

3. The lack of a true quick-service, and

4. The bus to & from the MK

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

What kind of room requests will I need to make?

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.

Hi, everyone! :wave2: May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

My main concerns w/ the Beach Club are as follows:

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

2. We may or may not have a full balcony,

3. The lack of a true quick-service, and

4. The bus to & from the MK

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

What kind of room requests will I need to make?

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.

Hello! Welcome to the BC! The BC is my favorite place in all of WDW! Garden view rooms aren't necessarily far away from everything. There's a link on page 1 that has an older resort map that shows the categories for the rooms. It's not exact since the resort changed room categories after this map was made, but it will give you a general idea of where the different view rooms are located.

If a full balcony is the most important request, then the YC might be a better resort choice for you. Most (if not all) of the rooms at YC have full balconies.

There are many QS food choices at BC. The Marketplace has several food options as does Hurricane Hanna's located at SAB. We've enjoyed several meals from both restaurants.

The bus to and from the MK is a non-issue in my opinion. We never had a long wait for a bus either departing or heading to BC. MK is about a 10 minute ride.

For your room request, you need to decide which request is most important to you. If having a daybed is the most important to you (which it is to us), then list that first on your request. List your requests in descending order of importance. If close to the lobby is most important (since the Marketplace and buses are in that general area), then that should be listed first. Same goes for a full balcony.

I hope these suggestions are helpful.....

Guess who got Mickey Mail today!!!!!

Happy Dance time!!!!

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :rotfl: :yay: :woohoo:

Dee, the 18th sounds good to me. This is the one morning we won't be at SAB...the kids have their Y.E.S. class and I have my tour that morning. I know for sure we'll be at SAB that afternoon! Ironically, that's the evening with our questionable ADR (Via Napoli, Tutto, Hoop, Captain's Grille). We might wind up at Captain's Grille, too! Who is your super-secret special guest? Let me guess....

Buzzy! :duck:

2013 Drunken Treasures Meet sounds very apropos! :thumbsup2

When is your Wishes Dessert Party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter