2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

GrammyJudy

DIS Veteran
Do you think they will offer free dining for 2012? Does anyone remeber when the free dining came out for this year. I know we booked in August so it was then or before that.

I'm with you. We just got back from our son's 16th Birthday week at Disney and we are starting to plan our next trip. I'm hoping that they will be doing FD. This trip was without and boy would it have been nice to have had it since we took DS's GF with us. We have always been lucky to go during FD. Would love it if they came out with dates by the summer! Fingers are crossed!!

I'm with you. We just got back from our son's 16th Birthday week at Disney and we are starting to plan our next trip. I'm hoping that they will be doing FD. This trip was without and boy would it have been nice to have had it since we took DS's GF with us. We have always been lucky to go during FD. Would love it if they came out with dates by the summer! Fingers are crossed!!

I see you are from the frigid snowy NE also...have to plan Disney to stay warm When are you planning for 2012? I"m thinking end of Jan-beginning of Feb

I believe that them announcing it in Aug 10 for Aug 11 was somewhat unprecedented and that usually when it comes out for that time it is announced around January.

We are going back in 2012 as well and praying for FD. They have always had it for the fall and watch just because we are planning on going this Sept/Oct they won't have it. Please Disney Gods send us FD for 2012 :worship:

I see you are from the frigid snowy NE also...have to plan Disney to stay warm When are you planning for 2012? I"m thinking end of Jan-beginning of Feb

We are in the frigid NE and I am so ready to head back to Disney!!! It is the one thing I can do to keep my mind on warmer weather. We are planning a big trip 2012 Dec and a small one sometime between now and then. I can't wait. Thinking we may try the Swan if there is no FD. Wait and see until then!

We have a trip already booked for Nov of this year, but I'm also planning on going back around the same time in 2012. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for FD during that time.

I want to join this. We are planning a combo WDW/Dream cruise for May 2012 with our daughters and their families. Hoping for free dining. We are going this May with our sons and their families and we were very fortunate to get the FD email PIN. So I'm hoping for the same in 2012.

I am on the fingers crossed for 2012 list as well! We hope to go in the fall to celebrate our five year anniversary. I definitely need free dining, otherwise, my stingy husband will be "that guy" bringing sandwiches in a cooler. And I really want to have a nice anniversary trip where we eat in restaurants, so I am watching for announcements closely!

Considering a mother daughter trip for February 2012. Historically do they do Free Dining within the first 2 weeks of February? Considering a moderate and was hoping for free regular dining. I see that the current codes coming out are free QSDP even for the moderates. I was actually considering upgrading to deluxe so that we could try some of the 2 TS credit dining. Have a nice breakfast and a snack for lunch and then a wonderful dinner. Sounds great to me!

Considering a mother daughter trip for February 2012. Historically do they do Free Dining within the first 2 weeks of February? Considering a moderate and was hoping for free regular dining. I see that the current codes coming out are free QSDP even for the moderates. I was actually considering upgrading to deluxe so that we could try some of the 2 TS credit dining. Have a nice breakfast and a snack for lunch and then a wonderful dinner. Sounds great to me!
No, typically, there has not been a general public free dining offer the first 2 weeks of February.

If you do anytime near President's day it is actually very crowded and for some dates peak pricing applies for dining.

I was thinking from looking at the tables on all ears that the first 2 weeks of February were part of the Value 1 Season along with January. It looked to me that it was the cheapest time of year to go. I really don't want to go though during a time without FD. I guess I would have to get a PIN then if it is not offered during that time. I do have a Disney Visa too. My DD doesn't do well with the heat, so that is why I was thinking of that time of year. We normally have done the fall, but wanted to try a time without MNSSHP, Food & Wine and MVMCP. Those are all fun events, but..... It is very difficult to do the Electric Parade, Wishes and Fantasmic during those special event times.

It is hard getting in all those night events. Times of year they show frequently are crowded. In Feb though it's just like Oct or early Dec with F! And msep just twice a week on average. It's only easier to see Wishes without the party nights. If you don't do park hopper passes F! Days at dhs and msep days at MK are incredibly busy and we find that even FP return lines get backed up in the afternoon. I like Feb away from Pres week but we go enough that I skip F! and msep to avoid crowds.

Hi All.

We're going to Disney in Jan 2012 for 5 days before cruising on Disney Dream. In 2009 we stayed off site and liked it. Thought if we could get free dining for the 2012 trip we may book onsite.

Do you know when they would likely send out the offer for Jan 2012? Also, do they normally black out MLK weekend? We would arrive that Saturday and depart Thursday.

TIA I always get the offers but then delete them so I can't even go back and see when they offered Jan 2011.

last year it was in august...we had no plans to go yet..but when i saw that deal i mentioned it to DH and he said sure and i was ALL OVER IT! lol and it was the last year DD would be free :)

Hi I am planning on a trip in december 2012. does anyone know if they normally offer free dining in december? the past 2 years i've gone in september and got free dining. would love to go in december my son turns 4 on christmas... so what better way to celebrate his birthday then a trip to disney! and he loves mickey....lol

WDW has offered free dining for select dates in December of 2009 and 2010 - I believe the complete first week of December was blacked out last year.

But really, who knows what Disney will be 20 months from now. The whole month of December has become so popular, plus throw in the large crowds for Pop Warner and the parade taping, we'll be lucky if we get free dining for this December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter