2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

We live in Orchard Park so we are neighbors! I'm always amazed at how the Dis shows us what a small world it is. We'll look for you in your Boston team gear! We'll be sporting both Sabres and Rangers hats since DH is from NY. My youngest son is also often wearing his Pluto hat which just cracks me up - you know the one with the ears down the side that flap when he runs LOL.

I'm so happy for everyone going this week that SAB is back up and running - hope you all have a magical time. What a wonderful sprinkling of pixie dust!

We'll look for you! We are really close- southeast part of WS in OP school district. :goodvibes Or maybe I'll see you at Tops. :lmao:

Welcome Steph! You have made a great choice YC CL at holiday time. I totally understand the life of a hockey mom esp with the younger ones! Enjoy the thread lots of great info and posters

Yay, another hockey mom! And I see your kids are a bit older, so clearly you survived the youth hockey insanity! ;) We are still in the thick of it, and I can't deny I am a bit concerned about having to tell DS#1's coach that we'll be missing a week of the travel hockey season this fall. :p

Thank you for the welcome...very happy to be here!

Where has Marlton Mom gone??? I tried to PM her on a resort wear picture and can't get thru ? Maybe it is Dis but she has been quiet lately.

I didn't get a chance to say my final goodbye Saturday night with the DIS down all night!

As I have promised, I get up early every day of the year, including vacations. Tried to log on to say hello yesterday but the resort computers couldn't access the DIS- probably the maintanence thing.

Ooh, that looks and sounds like a great slide. I'm not sure if I would have the courage, but I think the tube through the shark tank makes it irresistible.

To everyone who is planning and packing right now, I hope you have a great trip! :banana::banana::banana:

Dee, I'll be keeping my eyes open for your trip report on Atlantis. I hope to go there next year and would love to hear about it! I hope you have a great time!

Dee you have to give that slide a go!! Then you have to give Marlton Mom a call so she can get ready to do her thing with the photo makeover:rotfl:
Ben is a brave wee boy to have done that slide age 7:worship:

I haven't done Leap of Faith through the sharks yet, but they also have a twin tube that takes you down a gentler slide on a raft and I have done it a couple of times.

My teen did convince me to go down Abyss. You climb to the tippy-top of the Power Tower, the entrance is a coffin-shaped and it is a steep slide partially in the dark. Nate had gone around 20 times (seriously). Me no like! The aquarium at the end is nice. I'll probably give it one more chance.

We are having a fantastic time, and today we are going to Snorkel the Ruins, the big tank with the Manta Rays, Sharks, along with other amazing creatures. Can't wait!!!

Ok, time for me to keep reading. I see Pixarmom made it back and can't wait to read what she said and see the pictures.

Dee

This thread should come with a health warning that it is seriously addictive.

Amen!

If my flight doesn't arrive until 7pmish, should I check in online to have a better chance of getting my request (full balcony) since we will be such a late check in? only because the resort is fully booked (only 2 bedroom suites show up under my dates). Or because we are checking in on an odd day (Thursday) is selection going to be limited anyways? Is there any benefit to checking in at the counter and forgoing the online check in?

The main advantage to the online checkin is that your wait will probably be less than the regular checkin line, although at 7 PM, neither line should be too bad.

I have never learned whether someone who does online checkin is more likely to get their requests or not.

If you will be perfectly happy with the room you are assigned and will not be inquiring what else may be available, then on-line checkin is best. I advise regular checkin just so you have the opportunity to make the switch in rooms (if there is availability) before your keys are cut.

See page 1, FAQ- should I do online checkin?, although it looks like maybe you have.

229 Days to our first Disney Christmas and Beach Club Villa experience and I can't wait. :rotfl:

So I have tons of questions but first I was wondering about the weather and weather my family and I will get to enjoy SB. We will be staying Nov. 30th til Dec. 8th.

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot or has already been asked and answer. Thank you all so much in advance.

This is addressed in a FAQ post on page 1, but the short answer is maybe. Weather in Florida in Nov-Feb is finicky, can be hot one day and cool the next, even in the same week, so bring your swimsuit and hope for the best.

Hi, We booked our Trip through a Disney TA and she told me today that she is going to check us in Online....I have read on here that that is not the best way to go...Should I tell her not to?:confused3 We leave in 12 days!!! YEAH!!!!:banana: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

ALSO
Has anyone heard about the noodles and if so are they going to be in use the 26-may 3rd??

I would love to hear any status on the pool as well!!!

Thanks for your help!! this is the best board to lurk!! :lovestruc :thumbsup2

See question/answer above and the FAQ post, although perhaps you have already been checked in. I haven't heard about the noodles, but I haven't read through the rest of the thread yet. I'm curious, too!

When was the BC/YC gym and spa facilities last refurbished? We visited 10 years ago and I seem to remember some very tired co ed sauna, spa facilities. has this changed?

I have some links to pictures back home. Give me a reminder poke next week and I can put them onto the thread.

Thanks for adding us! Snowmiser seemed more fitting since we live in Buffalo! Hope you are having a great trip!

I've been to Buffalo for work. I get it! You guys living there are some seriously hardy individuals!

So a mini report regarding YC. As I've mentioned before, I've been staying at BC for 20 years now and never tried YC. For a number of reasons, we decided to give YC a try and I'm so glad I did!

[/IMG]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! For the great pictures and info. Still haven't gotten to your comparison review yet. That's next.

I know there is a playground area listed on the maps near SAB, but it wasn't there when we stayed in May/June. Anyone know if they plan on rebuilding a playground?

Yes, the playground is gone, and I haven't heard plans for replacement- might be a nice survey comment if you feel strongly about it.

Welcome back Pixarmom!

Too bad about the KLP - I means it's FLORIDA!!!!!

They have KLP in the Bahamas!!! :rotfl:

Hi, friends! I haven't been following the new thread. I think it switched over after our BC stay back in November, and I tend to avoid the boards when I'm not immediately planning a trip. We loved BC so much! Especially DD (4 years old).

Friends, cross your fingers and pray with me that we can swing another BC stay this October before our APs expire! We ALL want to get back!

P.S. I just went back to the beginning ... I'm so sorry to hear about the noodle family! They were so special to us.

Glad you found us, and hope that you can make a BC stay work soon.

The step-noodle family is apparently hanging around!

Pool is open including the slide!

:cool1::woohoo::banana::banana::banana::woohoo::cool1:

I was able to switch us back to the Beach Club for this Thursday!! :cool1: I called the BC to confirm that the pool is open (no offense to mvennum but I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth) and they confirmed that it is open!

I had already done online check-in for Kidani but it wasn't a problem. Our original room type (GV CL) wasn't available but Lagoon View Club Level was!!

I'm so excited - we'll be there in 3 days!

Dee - We had originally reserved the noodles during that time, which then disappeared... are they back? are they available? do you still need me to pick some up? Sorry, I haven't kept up to date with this thread since we had switched resorts. Our dates are 4/19-4/22.

YAY!!! Yes I believe we should stick with the noodle list as posted.

I haven't been on it, but since I see people going up the stairs and not going back down them again...

Either the slide is open, or there is some sort of guest-chomping beast at the top of the slide. If the latter is the case maybe a trip for my teenager to the slide is in order. J/K- Nate is being awesome on this trip! We are giving him lots of freedom and I actually have pictures of him SMILING! (taken secretly of course).

Time to start getting ready for the day, and I haven't even made it to Pixarmom's review yet. I'll check in tomorrow.

Have a great day all!

Dee

Dee - Sounds like you are having a fantastic trip!!!! Good luck with the slide - kids are soooo much braver than we are!

StephH - Welcome! We've stayed YC CL and loved it. In fact last year we stayed a few nights GF RPC and still found that we liked BC/YC CL even more!

I have been reading this thread for almost a year and I am almost sure I know the answer but since this is our first BC stay, I have to ask:

BC/YC does NOT have cabanas like CR and Poly right? I saw them when we were at CR last year but since the pool there didn't excite me or the kids that much seemed like a waste. Now one at BC, that would be a completely different story but I am almost sure they don't exist.

Not sure I saw this answered but with the boards the way they are that may be because I missed the answer two pages ago. You are correct, we have no cabanas, we have no cabanas today.

Not sure if this has been posted yet... The pool is now OPEN. I am here now on vacation and they opened the whole pool and slide yesterday.

Where has Marlton Mom gone??? I tried to PM her on a resort wear picture and can't get thru ? Maybe it is Dis but she has been quiet lately.

Ahhhh yes...I need some good humor today - I now have dry socket in 2 incisions from my wisdom teeth removal last week. Ugh. Marlton Mom come save the day LOL!

I sure wish I was recuperating on a balcony at BC right about now!

I also tried to pm Marlton Mom - but it won't go through.

I urge anyone who enjoyed their BC CL stay to post a review on All Ears.

After my "good BC CL" review following BWIFAN's horrible reivew and wierd, yet someone familiar, poster "Nigel Channing" posted a scathing review of BC CL - especially the CL CM's.

But worse of all - he posted that the BC Lobby smelled - HORRIBLE!!!!

Someone really seems like they have it out for BC CL. Who could it be????

I also tried to pm Marlton Mom - but it won't go through.

I urge anyone who enjoyed their BC CL stay to post a review on All Ears.

After my "good BC CL" review following BWIFAN's horrible reivew and wierd, yet someone familiar, poster "Nigel Channing" posted a scathing review of BC CL - especially the CL CM's.

But worse of all - he posted that the BC Lobby smelled - HORRIBLE!!!!

Someone really seems like they have it out for BC CL. Who could it be????

Yes Nigel Channing must be someone in disguise. :rolleyes1 Wow someone really has too much time on their hands & a strange obsession with hating BC.

I did post about my great BC CL stay but it's not showing up on All Ears yet, I'm hoping there's just a delay getting it up.

Well I'm still having trouble accessing the boards from home, but at least I can get on at work. Not that I should...

Hi everyone

I'm french. Sorry for my english. I book a trip in August 2013, 5-16 at Yacht Club, garden view.

I hope having a good room.

Some advices ?

Thank you very much.

Hi everyone

I'm french. Sorry for my english. I book a trip in August 2013, 5-16 at Yacht Club, garden view.

I hope having a good room.

Some advices ?

Thank you very much.

Wedding Gazebo view is super quiet and soooo pretty. you can state in your request "Wedding Gazebo View - upper floor". i think the higher up you are the better the view and you can sometimes get a sideways look at the lagoon too.

Ahhhh yes...I need some good humor today - I now have dry socket in 2 incisions from my wisdom teeth removal last week. Ugh. Marlton Mom come save the day LOL!

I sure wish I was recuperating on a balcony at BC right about now!

Ouch Tara! I had dry sockets too and they are the worst!!!! Feel better!

Tara

When I'm feeling a little under the weather, I head over to page one on this thread and look at all the pics!!! give it a try, you might feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter