2011 Itineraries Announcement Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new ships will be too large to fit through the Panama Canal, won't they? Perhaps the South American route would be one the new ships take to get between Asia and Florida.

Just a guess. We're hoping to take my parents on one of the new ships for their 50th Anniversary in 2013 so I'm excited to hear the itinerary options!

For now yes, but wider locks are being made in the Panama Canal and are due to be finished in 2015. From what I am understanding the Dream and Fantasy will be sailing out of Port Canaveral for the next few years.

That looks to me that maybe the Wonder may do Asia and Alaska from the west coast. Just like the Magic has gone to other locations for part of a year maybe they have new and exciting plans for the Wonder once she is relocated on the West Coast!!!

We will be on the 7 day Western that week so Sept. 11 is our CC day. Do you think they will make the announcment there?

We're on the Wonder on that day in Nassua so we won't know until we get back on board.

OK As I see quite a few threads and speculation on this, I thought I would summarize all the things I have posted this year, and sometimes 2008, where relevant, there isn’t anything new in this list but a convenient summary of posts made.

Please do not take this as anything else than my view, there will be surprises coming and they are keeping things very naturally close to their chest and even will play with us a little, I know of a few experienced cruisers who have good contracts and have been told different things.

In 2008 said DCL will go back to West coast USA for 2011.-Confirmed later.
Said it would be circa 30 visits to LA. TBC (The min if ships are full would be 22 visits)
IE I have posted many times, the Wonder cannot be there all year.
Said there of course would be a Panama Repo. TBC
Said there would be 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises. TBC, press photos show Cabo San Lucas a port on that route.
Posted that would not be it only, there would be a lot more. TBC Looks correct.
Said all this year, that the Cruises would be released for sale in October 2009. Confirmed on ship.
(Disboards continuously said November 2009)
Said the Dream would come into service in Feb 2011, looks like January 2011, very close against other projections.-Confirmed on ship.
Have posted all this year we will see in 2011, Hawaii 12>14 night trips, and that Alaska wasn’t completely dead. –We know of DCL; s attempts to organise a permit for Glacier Bay, then pulled out.
Have posted a return to Europe in 2012 for the Magic.
Said Captain Tom will take charge of the Dream.
Mentioned longer Southern Caribbean Cruises in the winter of 2011.
Informed everyone in July 2009, that there would be a very big announcement re the new ship Dream and the new itineraries for 2011, ‘within two months’ and a series of other smaller announcements, we have seen Castaway club changes and castaway cay announcements. D23 expo was then announced.
I think Captain Tom maybe CD Rachel will be included in the announcements.
Have continued to mention the desire to build up a European presence and increase staff at its London office.
Mentioned the goal/desire to tie in with more Disney parks including Far East Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Mentioned we will see a string of cruises that tie in together like Med/Baltic in 2010.
Continuously reminded everyone that both new ships will be tied to Port Canaveral for their first three years each.
Mentioned the San Diego options which came to press a month or so after I posted it. Is on the back burner for two years till 2013.

We will see how much of that I get right, again my personal view only.

OK As I see quite a few threads and speculation on this, I thought I would summarize all the things I have posted this year, and sometimes 2008, where relevant, there isn’t anything new in this list but a convenient summary of posts made.

Please do not take this as anything else than my view, there will be surprises coming and they are keeping things very naturally close to their chest and even will play with us a little, I know of a few experienced cruisers who have good contracts and have been told different things.

In 2008 said DCL will go back to West coast USA for 2011.-Confirmed later.
Said it would be circa 30 visits to LA. TBC (The min if ships are full would be 22 visits)
IE I have posted many times, the Wonder cannot be there all year.
Said there of course would be a Panama Repo. TBC
Said there would be 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises. TBC, press photos show Cabo San Lucas a port on that route.
Posted that would not be it only, there would be a lot more. TBC Looks correct.
Said all this year, that the Cruises would be released for sale in October 2009. Confirmed on ship.
(Disboards continuously said November 2009)
Said the Dream would come into service in Feb 2011, looks like January 2011, very close against other projections.-Confirmed on ship.
Have posted all this year we will see in 2011, Hawaii 12>14 night trips, and that Alaska wasn’t completely dead. –We know of DCL; s attempts to organise a permit for Glacier Bay, then pulled out.
Have posted a return to Europe in 2012 for the Magic.
Said Captain Tom will take charge of the Dream.
Mentioned longer Southern Caribbean Cruises in the winter of 2011.
Informed everyone in July 2009, that there would be a very big announcement re the new ship Dream and the new itineraries for 2011, ‘within two months’ and a series of other smaller announcements, we have seen Castaway club changes and castaway cay announcements. D23 expo was then announced.
I think Captain Tom maybe CD Rachel will be included in the announcements.
Have continued to mention the desire to build up a European presence and increase staff at its London office.
Mentioned the goal/desire to tie in with more Disney parks including Far East Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Mentioned we will see a string of cruises that tie in together like Med/Baltic in 2010.
Continuously reminded everyone that both new ships will be tied to Port Canaveral for their first three years each.
Mentioned the San Diego options which came to press a month or so after I posted it. Is on the back burner for two years till 2013.

We will see how much of that I get right, again my personal view only.

Andrew, your track record has been right on and if I was a gambling type, I would put money on you!!

Andrew, your track record has been right on and if I was a gambling type, I would put money on you!!

Thank you for that, but I must say a little ''health warning'' on this one, yes a lot right, but I know depending on how you speak to you get different answers.

Two different Captains have said to regular cruises, that both of them will be first in charge of the DREAM. Now Captain Henry said this to many cruisers, but I was told Captain Tom is in charge, and that makes more sense.

Have things been changed or have they been giving out incorrect information to take us of the sent.

I had a head server say to me last week that they are going back to EUROPE in 2011!, I personally think its 2012, but I wouldn't completely rule that out.

Alaska was 'on' then looked like it was off, when they pulled out, but I personally wouldn't rule it completely out .

Hawaii is the odds on favorite now, with 12 or 14 night cruises and maybe a staging post for the far east.

I remember 2008, when I was telling everyone it was the Baltic, a respected Disser, told me he had herd at the last minute Disney had pulled out of Russia, things were a little tense at that time, I posted Russia was 'on'.

He said it came form a reliable source in Epcot, it shows, that misinformation is out there, and I feel the drawings on the DCL site are set to confuse, they did this for the Med in 2007, with a series of little clues each day, re the ports of call, some were correct some were well off just to fool us.

I think whilst not a new port Cartenga Columbia, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Portuo Vallerta, are all there.

Announcement...September 11th... New York City???? :confused3

No, the announcement is coming live from the D23 Expo in Anaheim, CA. Nothing from New York.

I will be unable to watch the webcast since I will be there live and in person! :banana: :banana: :banana:

At least I don't need to post the info from a phone while Im there since you will all know right when the people there find out!

No, the announcement is coming live from the D23 Expo in Anaheim, CA. Nothing from New York.

I will be unable to watch the webcast since I will be there live and in person! :banana: :banana: :banana:

At least I don't need to post the info from a phone while Im there since you will all know right when the people there find out!

Agree, and a footnote to the two previous times DCL had a big press event:-

Anaheim in 2004, 10am press event, First West coast USA and Panama canal crossings announced for 2005.

Epcot 2006, Med and Transatlantic crossings Announced. For 2007.

There wasn't a big announcement for the return to West coast USA or the return to the Med and Baltic, so that gives us a yardstick.

Wonder if they'll be able to book the cruises once the itineraries are announced? That would be so cool since we'll be on the Magic September 12th week and want to book our next cruise!

Wonder if they'll be able to book the cruises once the itineraries are announced? That would be so cool since we'll be on the Magic September 12th week and want to book our next cruise!

I think previous announcements have been 2-4 weeks before bookings opened up at the earliest! Never open on the same day!

And what's this all about?!

ry%3D400

I sure like that arrow by Alaska!!

Arrow by Alaska? I'm confused..... :confused3

Arrow by Alaska? I'm confused..... :confused3

It is a question mark. Makes me think that they are looking into cruising to Alaska. Or maybe just wanting to keep us guessing. The reality is we will not know where any of the ships will cruise until it is announced on 9/11/09. Only then can we begin to plan for 2011.

So, would the Wonder be sailing the Mexican Riveria in Spring 2011, and Summer 2011 sail perhaps to Hawaii or Alaska? What time of year would it be most likely to sail to Asia? I can't wait to Sept 11! Now I have a something good to associate with that day.

I think previous announcements have been 2-4 weeks before bookings opened up at the earliest! Never open on the same day!

Not true. In 2004, they opened bookings the moment they were announced. I was in front of the castle watching the ceremony. As soon as it was over, I walked towards Tomorrowland and called my travel agent and she confirmed that I was booked and ready to go and got me an awesome price on the Panama Canal trip.

Disney has since changed their ways and I am not expecting anything more than an announcement that day but just wanted to say that in the past, they have opened bookings as soon as announced.

(Pssst! Disney :wave: If you want to be super cool and awesome.... how about letting people attending the announcement live at the D23 Expo book early!)

So, would the Wonder be sailing the Mexican Riveria in Spring 2011, and Summer 2011 sail perhaps to Hawaii or Alaska? What time of year would it be most likely to sail to Asia? I can't wait to Sept 11! Now I have a something good to associate with that day.

I think due to winter weather in Asia that visits there would need to be spring and summer. But that is just a guess,

thats not what they meant they meant do you think new york city will be involved with leaving from there since the announcement is on sep 11 remember 9/11 usually the announcements are made on a tuesday not on a friday.

I have been waiting over 1 year for this day to come, so roughly 9 more days will not kill me. Yet now with the possibility of Alaska thrown in I may not be doing the WB repo cruise.

Having just gone to Alaska with another cruise line. We can't wait to go back with Disney. There is so much to see, that they don't need to go into Glacier Bay. The scenery and wildlife is spectacular.

Agree, and a footnote to the two previous times DCL had a big press event:-

Anaheim in 2004, 10am press event, First West coast USA and Panama canal crossings announced for 2005.

Epcot 2006, Med and Transatlantic crossings Announced. For 2007.

There wasn't a big announcement for the return to West coast USA or the return to the Med and Baltic, so that gives us a yardstick.

I think one of reasons it is seen as a big announcement is because of it being part of the D23 convention. It's the first D23 convention and I think they are pulling out all the stops to make it special. There is a lots happening at that convention. Too bad, I'm too far away to go.

I was a bit bummed about not being able to attend. Glad for the OP for starting the thread so I found out that we can watch it live on Sept 11 from here. www.DisneyCruise.com/2011 - 9 am PST - Sept 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter