2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to plan a trip for this September that will be a split stay between AKL and BC. I'm considering renting points and staying at the BCVs. I like the decor of the regular BC rooms bettern than the villas and would prefer a nice view, but the savings might convince me.

I know the villas have their own pool, but can guests of the villa also use SAB?

Absolutely!

I don't think you need reservations for Captains Grille for breakfast, however I don't think this is one of the restaurants currently charging for no-shows. I could be wrong, but I didn't think all of the Disney restaurants were assessing the no-show penalty.

I think the penalty only applies to signature restaurants and those that host character meals.

:welcome:

Hey everyone! My family and I are going to the BC in May! :woohoo: We are getting a water view room and I was wondering how the view is for a water view room? Thanks!

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list for May. What are your specific dates?

If you want to play around and see some views, these two websites may help.

The first one lists room numbers. Unfortunately, the link is very old and the view categories and some of the other info is not totally accurate. The second link shows some views by room number.

www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

http://www.room77.com/hotels/orlando-hotels-orl/disney-s-beach-club-resort-216887

ETA: I just clicked on the room77 link and it wasn't working for the BC. The one I have for YC is working.

Try this- they will give you some YC water view examples. It looks like most of the rooms listed are club level, so a lot of the views are from the 5th floor.

http://www.room77.com/hotels/orlando-hotels-orl/disney-s-yacht-club-resort-216947

Hi, I just booked a couple days at the Beach Club for next week. We were booked for a week at WL, but last week I booked at excellent deal on a 3 day cruise in the middle of our week at WDW. So we decided we would do a sort of split stay and try a couple new resorts. We are going to be at BC Jan 31-Feb2, on the Dream Feb 2-5, at Poly Feb 5-7.

We are looking forward to SAB and quick walk to Epcot

That sounds like an amazing lineup!

Hi We are staying at the BC April 12-14 and would love to host the noodle family in our room. :banana:

I have added you to the Be Our Guest and Noodle Swap lists.

I am beginning to plan a trip for this September that will be a split stay between AKL and BC. I'm considering renting points and staying at the BCVs. I like the decor of the regular BC rooms bettern than the villas and would prefer a nice view, but the savings might convince me.

Good luck with your decision! Let us know when you have narrowed down your dates and resort.

Just noticed that Disneymom2boys stay overlaps with mine by 6 days for the Noodle swap - I guess we will work out some kind of shared custody for those days???

So far there have been no "noodle custody battles" so I'm assuming it won't start with me! :lmao:

My bad!!!

I didn't notice that Disneymom2boys' trip stretched into May.

As your trips approach, you two should try to get in touch with each other and compare schedules to work out who will have the noodles from May 1-6.

2princesses3princes-

I hope your couples trip is still "Go for launch" this week.

Still a surprise or did you have to spill it?

Just returned from our long weekend at Beach Club. Just some quick items:

Someone upstream asked about the pool - it's kind of a mess. Mostly open except for part of the lazy river it looked like, but construction walls all over, really chopping it up. I have no idea when it's supposed to be complete - didn't ask. Here's one photo taken from the walkway outside the Yachtsman at YC:

I didn't get to meet Teena - the only day I saw you Teena was Sunday I believe, and you were busy with another guest, so I didn't stop.

We got the most amazing upgrade to our room. I have photos that I can post when I get a chance, but here's your teaser:

Oh come on - you can't leave us with NEWPORT SUITE & not post pics right away?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I am subscribing to this thread! We have booked our Yacht Club trip at the end of May. It is our first time at the Yacht and Beach Club and the Epcot resort area. We have traditionally stayed in the MK resorts so I am excited to experience this part of the world!

I am subscribing to this thread! We have booked our Yacht Club trip at the end of May. It is our first time at the Yacht and Beach Club and the Epcot resort area. We have traditionally stayed in the MK resorts so I am excited to experience this part of the world!

Oh good...you can tell me all about your trip when you get back since we'll be staying at YC for the first time in Oct. :cool1:

HEEELLLLPPP!!!

Pretty Please :)

I am trying to do online checkin for our beach club stay. We are booked for a garden view room. Under room requests, it lets you choose three options: SPRBALCS SPRWOODS SPRBALCL . I am shooting for a full balcony, and can obviously see that two of these say BALC. Not a clue what the difference is with one ending in S and the other L. Can anyone advise?

Thank you so much!

:welcome:

I think you will enjoy staying so close to EPCOT and HS.

Please let us know your dates if you would like to be added to our Page 1 Be Our Guest list.

HEEELLLLPPP!!!

Pretty Please :)

I am trying to do online checkin for our beach club stay. We are booked for a garden view room. Under room requests, it lets you choose three options: SPRBALCS SPRWOODS SPRBALCL . I am shooting for a full balcony, and can obviously see that two of these say BALC. Not a clue what the difference is with one ending in S and the other L. Can anyone advise?

Thank you so much!

I'm not sure what those codes mean.

Do you have a request for full balcony on your resort reservation?

Your best bet for a balcony is to do the regular checkin at the resort instead of online. That way, you can ask whether you have a full balcony before your keys are cut. If the room assigned to you does not have a full balcony, you can ask if there is one available that does. You shouldn't really do this if you opt for the online checkin. That is designed for people who will take their keys and go.

I doubt at this time of year you will have much of a line at the checkin desk, so the online won't save you very much time anyway.

See page 1 (the FAQ section) for more info- there is a question about whether you should do the online checkin.

Just returned from our long weekend at Beach Club. Just some quick items:

Someone upstream asked about the pool - it's kind of a mess. Mostly open except for part of the lazy river it looked like, but construction walls all over, really chopping it up. I have no idea when it's supposed to be complete - didn't ask.

We got the most amazing upgrade to our room. I have photos that I can post when I get a chance, but here's your teaser:

Oooh, cant wait to see more photos of your room!

We are there in just over six weeks :-)banana::banana::banana:) I hope that is enough time for them to get most of the SAB work done!

I am getting so stinkin' excited about our trip that I can barely do anything but look at the threads and the tour books! So much for the laundry ....

We got wonderful news today that our DS, who was diagnosed with cancer 9/1/10, had all clear quarterly CT and PET scans so he is remaining cancer-free! So we can now go on our family trip and truly enjoy every single second!

Life is so very precious .....

Why thank you very much! We won't be much trouble and I think Pastina has gotten a handle on the kids jumping on the beds when you are at the park!

Be sure to remember your pool goggles and don't forget that each person needs to show their room key card to the guards before they will be allowed into the gated pool area. Each day you will be given a different colored wrist (or ankle if you like to wear them there) band to wear for the day. If you go to the pool and then leave, you can choose to remove the band, but if you want to get back in the pool later the same day you have to show your room key card again. Once you have a band for the day, then all you have to do is show it the next time you go to the pool. Remember each day has a new color band and to get a band you will have to show your key card.

We've made more than one trip back to the room to help people go back and get their room key cards.

You wouldn't by any chance be staying Club Level would you? I just love those home made potato chips, and the fact that I'm a pool noodle only makes me that much more buoyant when I, overindulge in the club level goodies! :thumbsup2

If you're not then that's OK.... we'll still love you!

We can't wait to see you and everybody else and we especially like to play with the kids in the pool!

Paul, Pastina, Penny and Ramen
We are so excited that the noodle family will join us. And yes we are staying club level again. We <3 BC CL! Just another short trip though - we're split staying HRH CL and BC CL!

I am getting so stinkin' excited about our trip that I can barely do anything but look at the threads and the tour books! So much for the laundry ....

We got wonderful news today that our DS, who was diagnosed with cancer 9/1/10, had all clear quarterly CT and PET scans so he is remaining cancer-free! So we can now go on our family trip and truly enjoy every single second!

When I read this, it dawned on me how important it is to live life to the fullest. Life is short and sometimes health issues arise when you least expect it.

I'm so glad to hear the good news about your son and I bet it makes you enjoy your time with him and your time in Walt Disney World that much more!

Congrats to your son and whole family and be sure to enjoy every moment with him!

I so agree with Laffites! My wife and I are both survivors and we so appreciate life!

We are also WL fans. But BC is home! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do and welcome to our little Y&BC family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter