2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!! We're staying somewhere at WDW in mid-October for our honeymoon:love:, just still figuring out our options. We are currently booked for POR, but I just received a pin by email last week for 30% off during our planned week and that's a game changer:goodvibes. Now DF and I are trying to decide between YC and BWI. We like the idea of being so close to things and think both hotels look nice, but BWI obviously has the boardwalk literally below it which would be cool and YC has the better pool. Having trouble deciding. Would pick the YC probably for sure if they would guarantee a good lake view (I know it includes pools too), but it seems like I've read some disappointment with that on here- people paying for the upgrade but not getting a great view.

And, it's making me question a little that no one on here really talks about the YC and how great it is!!! It's all BC- where's the YC love;)?? I've only stayed at the WL in the past so info would be helpful:thumbsup2. TIA!

Pam

We're booked at YC for the end of Oct. and we can't wait!!!! But we're going with Garden View. We spend so little time looking at the view, that we don't really want to pay the extra for water view.

Hello all!! And, it's making me question a little that no one on here really talks about the YC and how great it is!!! It's all BC- where's the YC love;)?? I've only stayed at the WL in the past so info would be helpful:thumbsup2. TIA!Pam

Hi, I stayed YC CL October 2010. We had a Water view. Our view was over the pool, but the lagoon was right there. I would say the view was GREAT as was the stay at the YC. This past November we stayed at YC and had a garden view. I asked for a wedding gazebo view and thats what I got. Looking from the balcony the gazebo was right there and was beautiful. If we looked to the left we could see the lagoon. Whatever your decision good luck and congrats on the wedding!

~Nannette

Hello all!! We're staying somewhere at WDW in mid-October for our honeymoon:love:, just still figuring out our options. We are currently booked for POR, but I just received a pin by email last week for 30% off during our planned week and that's a game changer:goodvibes. Now DF and I are trying to decide between YC and BWI. We like the idea of being so close to things and think both hotels look nice, but BWI obviously has the boardwalk literally below it which would be cool and YC has the better pool. Having trouble deciding. Would pick the YC probably for sure if they would guarantee a good lake view (I know it includes pools too), but it seems like I've read some disappointment with that on here- people paying for the upgrade but not getting a great view.

And, it's making me question a little that no one on here really talks about the YC and how great it is!!! It's all BC- where's the YC love;)?? I've only stayed at the WL in the past so info would be helpful:thumbsup2. TIA!

Pam

I LOVE YC CL!We have stayed the last 3 summers there and love it. This summer due to no availability in YC CL GV we are staying BC CL GV. i don't like to look at a parking lot so for 10 more a night I get a garden and view IS important to me. I love the balcony, etc. You will really enjoy YC. I prefer it over BC but am willing to try BC. GREAT YC staff, pretty rooms and quiet...

:welcome: Welcome to the new faces on the thread!

How long does it take to walk to both DHS and Epcot? If I want to get ahead of the Soarin and Toy story crowds what time would I have to start out at?
Thanks to all who respond!!!!:thumbsup2

Walk to DHS: 25-30 minutes
Boat to DHS: 20 minutes (if it is right at the dock and loading)
Walk to DHS (from BC): about 7 minutes. Add another 3 for YC.

CAN you get ahead of the Soarin' and Toy Story Crowds? I would say try to be at the turnstiles 25 minutes before opening. I have been reading some reports that the gates at both parks have been opening early (maybe 15 min?)

Just booked our next BC vacation today... 8/17-8/24 Super excited can't wait! First time in August any suggestions?

Congrats! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

When you get a chance, look over the info on the first page. We are happy to answer your questions!

Hi - We will be doing a split stay at Poly/Beach Club next January. What is a good room to request at Beach Club. We have stayed Poly so know what to request but have no idea if some of the Concierge Lagoon rooms are better then others? I did read that the Concierge rooms do have full balconies am I correct? If not that is what we will request. Any help would be appreciated. We are a family of four with two kids 10 and 14. Also, how is the Cape May Cafe for the Clam Bake? THanks.

I don't have the Jan 2013 list started yet!

Unfortunately, not all of the Concierge Rooms at the BC have full balconies. I believe all of the ones in the Garden View category do, but not all in the Standard or Water View have them. So if that is important to you, you should request that.

All of the rooms at the YC, both regular and CL rooms, have the full balconies.

My family loves the CMC Clambake. I'll post a link to my review from 2010 if you want to look it over:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39233880&postcount=370

Pam

Congrats! Let us know if you end up here.

I have never stayed at the YC, and I see some others have shared their experiences. I think that would be an excellent place for a honeymoon.

Of course Feckless and I would have to braid our leg hair so it doesn't get caught in the chain of the Surrey cart, but if we did that then we could get extensions and beads and feathers and really go all out. I think the sight of Feckless and I, peddling a Surrey cart with the wind blowing our leg hair would be enough for the folks at Disney to think that this would be a really great idea!

~Marlton Mom

I just want to know how you photoshopped me into your avatar picture with your family. Rest assured my lawyers will be in contact.

Well, DH is finally getting excited about Disney and has started asking about the resort we are staying at (YC)...and then came the questions...and the suggestions... Can you believe he thought about spending $575 MORE on our vacation just to stay at the Poly for the ability to have a Dole Whip every day!?!? :scared1: He is a little jaded having only had a Dole Whip in Hawaii when we were there visiting my family years ago...Luckily, I was able to talk him down and we are still on board for the YC...which I know he will like better anyway because of SAB. :lmao:

Well, DH is finally getting excited about Disney and has started asking about the resort we are staying at (YC)...and then came the questions...and the suggestions... Can you believe he thought about spending $575 MORE on our vacation just to stay at the Poly for the ability to have a Dole Whip every day!?!? :scared1: He is a little jaded having only had a Dole Whip in Hawaii when we were there visiting my family years ago...Luckily, I was able to talk him down and we are still on board for the YC...which I know he will like better anyway because of SAB. :lmao:

The Beach Club Marketplace has gelato. It is prepackaged in the freezer, and I know it is not the same as a Dole Whip, but you can buy a lot of gelato for $575!

And you are also very close to the slushie cart in France!

Hope that helps a little.

The Beach Club Marketplace has gelato. It is prepackaged in the freezer, and I know it is not the same as a Dole Whip, but you can buy a lot of gelato for $575!

And you are also very close to the slushie cart in France!

Hope that helps a little.

LOL...we do love Gelato. I will pass this on to DH. Thanks!! I was thinking of Beaches and Cream being a tasty alternative as well...:thumbsup2

The Whirling Waters section is one of my kids favorite section at SAB. It's like a giant version of the whirlpool we used to make in above ground swimming pools when we were kids!

My kids love it, and I have to admit, it's pretty fun. Only thing, is that it's exhausting for an old mama! ;)

Teena,
Just wanted to add a story to this thread. My DSis and I were staying at BLT on 11/21/11. We went to eat lunch at B&C on our marathon park hopping day. DHS, Epcot, MK, DHS, finishing at MK! When we walked through the BC lobby we stopped to admire the gingerbread display. Teena struck up a conversation with us. She was so friendly. She mentioned that the gift shop sold a kit to make a Gingerbread house, and then proceeded to walk us over to show it to us. She told us that her DD insists that she bring one to her each year. We enjoyed talking to her on that busy day. We stopped back and picked a kit up after lunch, and brought it back home. We enjoyed putting it together and now have a new appreciation for the hard work involved. It turned out great, we both enjoyed the experience. Although I am unsure we will want to do it again, we both are happy that we were able to meet Teena. She is a true gem at the BC resort! Hope to be able to stay there someday soon.

Hi everyone! I have read a lot recently about room choices for the BC, but we're staying at the YC in a Garden View and I'm wondering what your recommendations would be for our situation...

It's only my husband, myself and our 5 1/2 year old son. I'm looking for a room that would be closest to the pools, but more importantly closest to Epcot and Hollywood Studios to walk. I understand that there is a highly desired wedding gazebo view, and close to the lobby request, but could anyone recommend the best request based on our needs? fyi we chose the YC because my husband was adamant about having a full balcony so we can enjoy some adult time after my son goes to sleep every night. We love drinking wine in the fresh air on the balcony :)

Thank you!!

Hi - We will be doing a split stay at Poly/Beach Club next January. What is a good room to request at Beach Club. We have stayed Poly so know what to request but have no idea if some of the Concierge Lagoon rooms are better then others? I did read that the Concierge rooms do have full balconies am I correct? If not that is what we will request. Any help would be appreciated. We are a family of four with two kids 10 and 14. Also, how is the Cape May Cafe for the Clam Bake? THanks.

http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

Here is our old standby map of the BC resort. I say old because the room classification no longer applies. But maybe you can get an idea on which rooms face which way. The lounge on the fifth floor is located where the block marked ICE. Full balcony should be your main (and maybe only) request. As you can see the CL rooms on the fifth floor do not cover the whole hotel so it is a little more compact.

We love Cape May. We usually do an early dinner (5-5:30). We will do a Park early morning and eat light. We will then hit Cape May after rest/swim and do a park after to digest! Our last meal there we had some of the best shrimp ever. I usually work my way all the way around the bar.

Teena,
Just wanted to add a story to this thread. My DSis and I were staying at BLT on 11/21/11. We went to eat lunch at B&C on our marathon park hopping day. DHS, Epcot, MK, DHS, finishing at MK! When we walked through the BC lobby we stopped to admire the gingerbread display. Teena struck up a conversation with us. She was so friendly. She mentioned that the gift shop sold a kit to make a Gingerbread house, and then proceeded to walk us over to show it to us. She told us that her DD insists that she bring one to her each year. We enjoyed talking to her on that busy day. We stopped back and picked a kit up after lunch, and brought it back home. We enjoyed putting it together and now have a new appreciation for the hard work involved. It turned out great, we both enjoyed the experience. Although I am unsure we will want to do it again, we both are happy that we were able to meet Teena. She is a true gem at the BC resort! Hope to be able to stay there someday soon.

I remember you!!! Thank you for those kind words. Hope to see you again!

Pretty good article from Everything Walt Disneyworld about Club Level for anyone who doesn't really know what club level is or gives you.

http://www.everythingwdisneyworld.com/2012/01/disneys-club-level-what-is-it-and-do-i.html

~Nannette

Nannette- thanks so much for that link.

I haven't totally read through it yet, I was distracted when I saw the photo of the chairs from the BC lounge.

This is a photo I took in 2010 and appears on Page 1 of this thread:

IMG_0378.jpg

This is the one from the website link:

BCconciergekidschairs.jpg

I used to be really good at those spot the differences games when I was young, but I am not finding too many between these two photos...

What a game!!!! :cheer2:

I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Talk about stress. And I will admit, when Cundiff missed the field goal, I cried - tears of joy and disbelief.

OK, I'm not going to gloat about the game, because frankly, the Pats did not play a great one.

My older son takes responsibility for the win as he wore a Fu-Manchu moustache througout the game (the Ravens pulled ahead during the brief time he took it off) and then he did not watch the final kick and instead Tebowed until it was over.

My younger son commented "Cundiff is NOT the Egg McMuffin of kickers". Can't imagine what he is going through today. Or his wife, if he is married.

And I am in fear of the lead-up hype and outcome of the SB. My husband still refuses to acknowledge what happened the year the Pats were undefeated until the "game which must not be named"

Nannette- thanks so much for that link.

I haven't totally read through it yet, I was distracted when I saw the photo of the chairs from the BC lounge.

This is a photo I took in 2010 and appears on Page 1 of this thread:

IMG_0378.jpg

This is the one from the website link:

BCconciergekidschairs.jpg

I used to be really good at those spot the differences games when I was young, but I am not finding too many between these two photos...

You was ROBBED, missus!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But if you are feeling particularly litigious, I can get my team of lawyers on it. They are already drawing up papers concerning the appropriation of my hairy image by MM.

You was ROBBED, missus!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But if you are feeling particularly litigious, I can get my team of lawyers on it. They are already drawing up papers concerning the appropriation of my hairy image by MM.

No it's all good!

I went onto the blog- apparently the ones posting it are lawyers by trade.

I am going to ask them, however, if I can post a link to this article to our page 1 in the Concierge Section and FAQ section. It is an excellent description of Disney's Club Level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!