2010 news from the Magic

Furrocious

Earning My Ears
Hi All;

I'm aboard the Magic now and we are going through the canal. It's awesome! Last night I spoke with an officer who said that the 2010 Summer special itineraries/dates will be released Oct 7, and booking opened one week later. No word on the actual itineraries though. Just thought I'd share.

Cheers, Krista

I board the Magic on the 11th of October!!! I guess I will be rebooking when the dates open!!!

Thanks.:thumbsup2 I do hope we have longer than 1 week to decide though.:confused3

Marilyn - I say even if you have only 1 week - put down deposits on more than 1 sailing, then cancel after you've been able to talk everything over w/ john :lmao:

Hopefully we'll have a hint of where to prior to the 7th, then we can atleast narrow things down a bit prior to the announcement.

I heard on the Wonder that the 2010 dates could be released in October.

Most CMs are claiming they haven't heard anything about itineraries but I did speak to one who mentioned Europe - but wasn't sure where in Europe.

Well, today I decided they've been secretly spreading Med rumors because its really going to be Alaska!

Wherever it is, the hard decision will be repositioning or special itinerary???:confused3 Repositioning is usually a better value. But most importantly, will there be enough time to check in with all my DIS pals to see who wants to go where and when!?!?!?!?!

As I posted on another thread earlier this evening:

I ran across this on the internet. I cannot vouch for the validity, but it may be something to research!
"According to Seatrade Insider (registration required) Disney Cruise Line is among six operators submitting proposals for 10-year Glacier Bay contracts. The contract terms are from 2010 through 2019."

I might be talked into Alaska.:)

though of course it would mean another PC cruise!!!

Well, today I decided they've been secretly spreading Med rumors because its really going to be Alaska!

Wherever it is, the hard decision will be repositioning or special itinerary???:confused3 Repositioning is usually a better value.

I am thinking the same thing. We would be very interested in Alaska!!:thumbsup2 :woohoo: ABD is now doing Alaska trips starting in 2009. The plot thickens...popcorn::

Repo would be fun but we really want to see Alaska.

I could handle an Alaskian cruise. What Port would they leave from?

I would be very surprised if Disney planned on long-term cruising in Alaska. (10 years) - Don't get me wrong - I think a special season of Alaska cruises (like the Med.) would be great - but long-term I don't know that Disney will have the customer base to sustain 10 seasons of family cruising in Alaska. Alaska (or Vancouver, BC) are very costly to fly to and availability of flights just isn't the same as Florida. Also, I can't imagine the price especially of shore excursions as many of the ports require another form of transportation to get to the activity -want to see the bears fishing? Take a float plane - want to see X then Y. Also, we as adults are interested in the Glacier and the natural beauty of Alaska but are kids? We did a cruise to Alaska with our kids and while DH & I loved it- the kids got bored after awhile and kept referring to it as an "old peoples" trip. They did enjoy the excursions we went on - but most had well over a $100 price tag per person - which made that trip one of the most expensive family vacations we ever taken - even though the "cruise" part of the trip was relatively inexpensive.
Please don't flame me - its just my opinion - I just can't see that with Disney's already has a premium price tag that a family of four could afford to sustain a base of long term cruises in Alaska.

Marilyn - I say even if you have only 1 week - put down deposits on more than 1 sailing, then cancel after you've been able to talk everything over w/ john :lmao:

Hopefully we'll have a hint of where to prior to the 7th, then we can atleast narrow things down a bit prior to the announcement.

Hey you two!!! If there's a repo I will be on it. Not so much where it's going but how long the cruise is. Hope both of you will be there!

I don't see Disney getting permits for Glacier Bay. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity don't have permits, and I imagaine they'd go there if they could!

If DCL goes to Alaska, my guess is that they would do roundtrips out of Seattle.

Hey you two!!! If there's a repo I will be on it. Not so much where it's going but how long the cruise is. Hope both of you will be there!

Gydell, hi!!! Where have you been. I want a good repo cruise, though we couldn't go during the summer school vacation.

Gydell, hi!!! Where have you been. I want a good repo cruise, though we couldn't go during the summer school vacation.

Repo in May is what I'm hoping for! Hawaii - Baltic - Alaska - who cares? I've been busy but do read the WB site when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter