2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

Does anyone know of something big going on the week of October 9th - 16th that I missed on the website? Just wondering why if the suspected dates are correct, why that week is blacked out?

Does anyone know of something big going on the week of October 9th - 16th that I missed on the website? Just wondering why if the suspected dates are correct, why that week is blacked out?

Columbus Day weekend. Fall breaks at many schools. There is also a big convention in October. Sometimes there's no readily identifiable reason. Sometimes they just have enough sale bookings during that time already.

Columbus Day weekend. Fall breaks at many schools. There is also a big convention in October. Sometimes there's no readily identifiable reason. Sometimes they just have enough sale bookings during that time already.

Well bummer......at least I'll be in Disney!!!

I apologize if this has already been covered. I didn't read the entire thread. Can someone tell me if I can use a table service credit at a quick service counter? Does that make sense? I would "take" FD if it was offered, but we'll be staying deluxe and I don't want to/think we would eat one table service meal each day.

I apologize if this has already been covered. I didn't read the entire thread. Can someone tell me if I can use a table service credit at a quick service counter? Does that make sense? I would "take" FD if it was offered, but we'll be staying deluxe and I don't want to/think we would eat one table service meal each day.

Yes you can......I have used quick service and table service for snacks.....instead of losing them on the last day :thumbsup2

There have been reports in the past that some guests have been able to convert TS credits to TS credits, but it's not "official" Disney policy.

Please see this thread for all the Free Dining Info and Guidelines:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

how to get a tickers??? thz

cool,I want to now how to get a tickers

Does anyone know if you can get the quick serve dining plan if you are staying at the poly or other deluxe hotel? And if not, can you use your table service vouchers at a walk up? Im just concerned if we have a change in plans or and dont want to dine sit down style everyday, how would you utilize your table service vouchers?

Thank you , Lisa

Does anyone know if you can get the quick serve dining plan if you are staying at the poly or other deluxe hotel? And if not, can you use your table service vouchers at a walk up? Im just concerned if we have a change in plans or and dont want to dine sit down style everyday, how would you utilize your table service vouchers?

Thank you , Lisa

There are people much more knowledgeable than I, but since no one has answered, I'll tell you what I think. The hotel you stay at is what determines your dining plan so if at a deluxe you would get the "regular" dining plan that includes the table service credits. But I've read while not a "policy", Disney will accept table service credits at a counter service.

I'm undecided about whether I want the dining plan or a room discount. I always had a package in the past with the dining included and since it was my DH and myself we really made it work for us. We ate at character meals, signature dining, and table service all the way. Now with kids we won't be able to take advantage of some of the signature meals and my kids want character meals which are pricey. Any advice?

I'm undecided about whether I want the dining plan or a room discount. I always had a package in the past with the dining included and since it was my DH and myself we really made it work for us. We ate at character meals, signature dining, and table service all the way. Now with kids we won't be able to take advantage of some of the signature meals and my kids want character meals which are pricey. Any advice?

Why not just go with whatever saves you the most money?

I was told and by doing the math if you are staying at a value or a moderate the free dining is the best deal and for the deluxes the room discount is the best. If you like the table service meals then free dining would maybe be better. I agree the cost of eating at Disney sit down restaurants is expensive. It cost us at least 70.00 to 90.00 dollars each time and that was for 2 adults and a child. OOOPs old post I didnt even look at the date LOL

We'll be traveling with 3 children - ages 5-9. We'll be booking a room that accommodates 5 people and will be buying park tickets for 5 people. Does that mean we would get the free dining plan for all 5 people? (It said rates based on two adults, one junior - whatever that is - and one child.) If the free dining plan will only work for 4 people, will we be able to buy a dining plan for the third child?

We'll be traveling with 3 children - ages 5-9. We'll be booking a room that accommodates 5 people and will be buying park tickets for 5 people. Does that mean we would get the free dining plan for all 5 people? (It said rates based on two adults, one junior - whatever that is - and one child.) If the free dining plan will only work for 4 people, will we be able to buy a dining plan for the third child?

You would only get free dining if your check in date falls within the free dining period. Every member of your party would get free dining in this case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!