2009 Disney Dining Plan

ilovemickeymost

Wife of a Soldier, Girlfriend of a Mouse.
I'm hoping this will become a sticky b/c I've been looking all over for this info for the upcoming year. I know a few things are changing & want to make sure I know what's going on:
1) How many credits are included in the TS dining plan & the QS dining plan? And are they TS, CS, or snacks?
2) What does a TS & CS credit include for breakfast, lunch, & dinner for adults & children.
3) What are the adult & child per day price for each of the plans?
4) Is WDW still using the symbol on its menu borads to let you know if something counts as a snack credit?
TIA

Depends on the plan. There are three plans - quick service only, regular dining and deluxe dining.

Quick service is 2 CS meals and 2 snacks for each night of your stay, plus refillable mug. CS meal is: 1 entree or combo meal and one dessert plus nonalcoholic beverage. (No dessert with breakfast. They substitute juice). $29.99/$8.99

Regular dining is 1 CS, 1 TS and 1 snack for each night of your stay. No mug.
CS same as above. TS is entree and dessert (or full buffet). TS doesn't include an appetizer for adults but does include one for children. $39.99/$10.99

Deluxe is 3 meal credits (can be either CS or TS) and 2 snacks for each night of your stay plus refillable mug. Appetizers and desserts included at TS for everyone. $71.99/$20.99

The prices are per night of your stay, not per day.

Thank you for the info. If anyone has anything to add that's great. Or questions, even better. We all learn from each others questions. I was on the official WDW website last night b/c they have the brochures you get w/ your meal plan. The brochure for the quick-service (QS) & deluxe (DeDP)plans are for 2009. The one for the regular (TS) dining plan is dated 2007. It still has tip & aps included. Why Disney Why :confused3 If anyone has seen a copy of the 2009, please post the link here. Actually, if you can post a link to all 3. I gust strolled over to the site & can't find it anywhere. GRRRpirate:

Why do they not give you the Mug on the Regular Service?, aren't you paying more than the Basic, but yet you get a Mug, :hug:

Quick Service Dining Plan http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ickService.pdf
2 quick service meals
2 snacks
1 refillable mug
$29.99 adult
$8.99 child

Dining Plan http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...2009Dining.pdf
1 table service meal
1 quick service meal
1 snack
$39.99 adult
$10.99 child

Deluxe Dining Plan
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...luxeDining.pdf
3 meals at any participating location
2 snacks
1 refillable mug
$71.99 adult
$20.99 child

Premium Package http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08Premium.pdf
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Two Snacks
1 refillable Mug
Unlimited Select recreation, golf, mini golf, water sports, archery, tennis, guided fishing excursions, cane pole fishing, horseback trail rides, pony rides, cariage rides, wagon rides, bike rental and watercraft rental. Some restrictions apply - more info found in brochure
One admission per person for La Nouba
Unlimited use of Disney Children's Activity Centers
Unlimited admission to selected theme park tours
Preferred fireworks viewing areas - Wishes, Illuminations
$159 adult
$109 child

Platinum Package http://www.disneytravelagents.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/2008 Product/2008PlatinumPkg.pdf

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Two Snacks
1 refillable Mug
Unlimited Select recreation, golf, mini golf, water sports, archery, tennis, guided fishing excursions, cane pole fishing, horseback trail rides, pony rides, cariage rides, wagon rides, bike rental and watercraft rental. Some restrictions apply - more info found in brochure
One admission per person for La Nouba
Unlimited use of Disney Children's Activity Centers
Unlimited admission to selected theme park tours
Preferred fireworks viewing areas - Wishes, Illuminations
1 Photopass CD
Private In Room Childcare - 4 hour minimum 6 hour maximum, grat not included
One selected spa treatment per person
Fireworks cruise - one per group/reservation
Reserved seating at Fantasmic (GOOD seats)
Nightly turn down service
Personalized itinerary planning
Exclusive Keepsake

$209 adult
$144 child

Tricia1972 - I don't know you, but I love you. Now I don't have to go searching all over the place & try & find those phamlets. Thank you, thank you, thank you:worship:

Dittos to the above. Thank you Tricia 1972. I looked all over last night for that 2009 pamphlet and could only find 2008.:surfweb:

For those of you who haven't heard, most of the restaraunts in Epcot are independants. They haven't renewed their contracts for the 2009 year, yet. Chances are there will be more added. Does anyone know when the contracts are normally done?

Also, w/ MYW we'll be getting a $15 off cert for Planet Hollywood. Does anyone know if there are any stipulations or what the requirements are (how much you have to spend, what you have to order, etc.)?

To the above question from ilovemickeymost What place are you most excited about trying on the 2009 DP?
Epcot:Le Cellier Steakhouse (If we can get in) and Rose and Crown
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Sci-Fi Dine-In
Cape May Cafe
And many others not sure of yet
Dancing till Disney:cool1: :yay: :dance3: :dogdance:

Take note that the 2009 restaurant list is not complete. More restaurants should be added once the non-Disney restaurants confirm their contracts for 2009. That's usually around November although I remember Teppan Edo held out until December last year.

To the above question from ilovemickeymost What place are you most excited about trying on the 2009 DP?
Epcot:Le Cellier Steakhouse (If we can get in) and Rose and Crown
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Sci-Fi Dine-In
Cape May Cafe
And many others not sure of yet
Dancing till Disney:cool1: :yay: :dance3: :dogdance:

We love Sci-fi, normally go every trip, but have never been to 50's so decided to give it a try this trip.

We ate at 50's last time I liked it but no one wants to go back this time because they all want to try something new which is fine! So when I start to plan the next one I am going to do 50's!
Dancing till Disney
:cool1: :yay: :dance3: :dogdance:

Im really hoping Teppan Edo gets added back on as well as wolfgand pucks express! Will somone post a sticky or something when the 2009 restaurant list is updated???

Im really hoping Teppan Edo gets added back on as well as wolfgand pucks express! Will somone post a sticky or something when the 2009 restaurant list is updated???

Ditto on Teppan Edo. It is my #1 meal priority in 2009.

If I go during free dining which package is the one you receive and if you want to upgrade do you pay the difference between say basic plan and delux to get the delux?

I've booked a MYW package with the regular dining plan, but I'm considering changing it to the quick service or none at all. I've been looking at the menus for the park restaurants and it's not good! For example, at Cosmic Ray's in MK, they serve burgers and hot dogs, but they only choices for kids are salad, pb&j or chicken nuggets. Hot dogs on the menu, but not available to kids?! Yes, I can buy one for my child, but not using the kid's dining plan. Pinocchio's Village Haus quick service in Fanatsyland (MK) has pizza, but not on the kid's menu. Kid's choices are mac & cheese or pb&j. Normally, my kids would be fine with mac & cheese, but not while the rest of us eat pizza! Doesn't seem like the dining plan is the way to go for me.

Also, w/ MYW we'll be getting a $15 off cert for Planet Hollywood. Does anyone know if there are any stipulations or what the requirements are (how much you have to spend, what you have to order, etc.)?
The minimum to spend is $15. The stipulations are that there is only one certificate per table, and that it cannot be combined with other discounts. For example, you can't have one person use the certificate and the others at the same table use DDP credits or DDE discount or AP discount. It kind of sucks, if you ask me. We were thinking of going on the last trip, and have one of us use the certificate and the others use their DDP credits, to no avail.

Anyway, it's not my favorite place. It's incredibly noisy, the tables are almost stuck together (worse than Le Cellier!) and the service sucked both times we've been there. The first time, they lost my DDE card and the manager wouldn't even go get my server so I could ask him, just insisted that he must have given it back to me. The second time (yeah, everybody deserves a second chance!) they were just rude and the service was slow. We then decided to cross PH off our list (The only reason we were thinking of going a third time was the fact that someone in our party had never been there)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter