2008 Late September Meets

Sadly, we think we're doing MNSSHP on 9/28. I'll be making a DIS meet though for DISers to get together and watch Hallowishes at Tomorrowland Terrace and chitchat. We did it last year and it turned out marvelous. :)

Soooo, any details about this here meet? I simply love getting together with DISers. :)

Sadly, we think we're doing MNSSHP on 9/28. I'll be making a DIS meet though for DISers to get together and watch Hallowishes at Tomorrowland Terrace and chitchat. We did it last year and it turned out marvelous. :)

Soooo, any details about this here meet? I simply love getting together with DISers. :)

Hi BabyPiglet! Your meet last September was fun! A fellow DISer and I are doing MNSSHP on 9/28 and it would be fun to get together again! We'll be watching for your thread! :)

Drat! I wish I could do MNSSHP on the 28th too! But, I'm registered for the Expedition Everest Challenge that evening. Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!

I may attend MNSSHP on 9/28, I'm not sure yet.

Drat! I wish I could do MNSSHP on the 28th too! But, I'm registered for the Expedition Everest Challenge that evening. Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!

What is this, is this the marathon. I heard about?

I always wanted to go to a MNSSHP. Just for the candy. lol. How pitiful is that. But, I do not know if my hubby will go for it. He is strict about our children not celebrating halloween. SO, I usually, go alone to things like HHN. So, I know he would not go for letting the kids go to the party.
:rolleyes:

What is this, is this the marathon. I heard about?

I always wanted to go to a MNSSHP. Just for the candy. lol. How pitiful is that. But, I do not know if my hubby will go for it. He is strict about our children not celebrating halloween. SO, I usually, go alone to things like HHN. So, I know he would not go for letting the kids go to the party.
:rolleyes:

Expedition Everest Challenge is a brand new 5K race through Animal Kingdom. It is held in the evening after the park closes and will be paired with an obstacle course and a scavenger hunt. Afterwards, there is a private party in AK for all the participants and their guests from 9 - 12.

You should do MNSSHP. It's a good time - the Boo To You Parade is the best... and of course theres candy, fireworks, characters, etc.

Hi everybody! We'll be at the POP late September too, it would be fun to meet some people.

I'm still kicking myself for missing 2007's Glow party, didn't even know about til I met a lady and her daughter on the bus from EPCOT that night and they invited me (was that you Mrs. Piglet and BabyPiglet? or somebody else? and there was another DISer on that bus too....) but I was soooo tired when we got back to POP and never made it out to the pool. The next morning I thought "I should have went, I can ALWAYS sleep." :sad1:

I hadn't heard about that Expedition Everest Challenge... sounds like fun! I just told DH about it and he said the same thing, I'll do an on-line search to see if I can find info about it. Of course, I'd have to cancel an ADR to do the run... :lmao:

Not sure when we are going to do the MNSSHP, looks like they've added more early dates this year!

OK everybody - I just checked my calendar. EE Challenge is on Saturday the 27th. We are doing MNSSHP on the 26 and have ADRs at Artist Point on the 28th. I don't know why I was thinking the race was on the 28th...senior moment, I suppose. I can't remember if I posted a link with the race info. If not, here it is: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....s/detail?name=EnduranceEverestEventDetailPage

I was at the Glow Party last year. It was a blast! So much so that they are doing it again this year...but in early September. We can certain have our own version of the Glow Party - maybe with a tropical theme? For the Glow Party most of us just picked up a bunch of "glow" sticks and stuff at our local Dollar General. When I got back to the room, I didn't even have to turn on the lights as I was lit up like a Christmas tree (and not with alcohol).

I think we should definitely do a pre-PFTS meet. Maybe poolside somewhere.

Thanks for the link, DisneyDeeva, it sounds like fun, but I think I'll be in the cheering section this year. :goodvibes

Wow, I didn't realize Food and Wine starts 9/23!!!! Can't wait to see the entertainment lineup this year.

Oops! I had a senior moment! :eek: I just looked at the page again and plainly see "Sept. 26"!

DisneyDeeva - I hope you enjoy the PFTS! It sounds like such a fabulous event. Last year was the first Food and Wine Festival I attended, can't wait for this year's. I thought all the little food booths were so cute. :cutie:

I was just having a conversation with some of my friends about those booths. This will be my seventh F&W in a row. I remember the booths my first year were very temporary looking "shacks" with potted plants placed around them to hide their cheapness. Now, they are quite elaborate, permanent structures - very nice!

I started my MNSSHP meet thread, feel free to sign up if any of you are going to be there at MNSSHP on 9/28.

Hi BabyPiglet! Your meet last September was fun! A fellow DISer and I are doing MNSSHP on 9/28 and it would be fun to get together again! We'll be watching for your thread! :)

We did have lots of fun, but Jenny left us all for her friend. Hopefully she will stick around a little longer this year. Her thread is up now.

We'll be staying at Pop this year from September 27th to October 5th. I think we'll be attending MNSSHP on September 30th.

Maggie

We might go the 30th also. We would like to go to two different parties. But since you all are going to be staying at the Pop with us, we need to meet up sometime.

Hi everybody! We'll be at the POP late September too, it would be fun to meet some people.

I'm still kicking myself for missing 2007's Glow party, didn't even know about til I met a lady and her daughter on the bus from EPCOT that night and they invited me (was that you Mrs. Piglet and BabyPiglet? or somebody else? and there was another DISer on that bus too....) but I was soooo tired when we got back to POP and never made it out to the pool. The next morning I thought "I should have went, I can ALWAYS sleep." :sad1:

I hadn't heard about that Expedition Everest Challenge... sounds like fun! I just told DH about it and he said the same thing, I'll do an on-line search to see if I can find info about it. Of course, I'd have to cancel an ADR to do the run... :lmao:

Not sure when we are going to do the MNSSHP, looks like they've added more early dates this year!

Yes, we told several people about the Glow party last year. We had lots of fun. Even looking at all the decorations on the doors.

OK everybody - I just checked my calendar. EE Challenge is on Saturday the 27th. We are doing MNSSHP on the 26 and have ADRs at Artist Point on the 28th. I don't know why I was thinking the race was on the 28th...senior moment, I suppose. I can't remember if I posted a link with the race info. If not, here it is: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....s/detail?name=EnduranceEverestEventDetailPage

I was at the Glow Party last year. It was a blast! So much so that they are doing it again this year...but in early September. We can certain have our own version of the Glow Party - maybe with a tropical theme? For the Glow Party most of us just picked up a bunch of "glow" sticks and stuff at our local Dollar General. When I got back to the room, I didn't even have to turn on the lights as I was lit up like a Christmas tree (and not with alcohol).

I think we should definitely do a pre-PFTS meet. Maybe poolside somewhere.

We should have a Glow Party of our own on Saturday September 27th. What about around 10 like last year. Whatever theme you want to do. I getting excited the reservations are all made, even the dining, so got to plan on something. We had so much fun last year meeting up with Disers.

I'm booked for the evening to the 27th - Expedition Everest Challenge. The race is from 7:00 - 9:00 and there is an after-race party at Animal Kingdom from 10:00 - midnight.

Will you still be there on the 30th? We have a 7:05 ADR at Jiko but will be back at the resort before 10:00.

Yes we arrive on Sept 20 and leave Oct 4th. The 30th will work for us, but I do know there is a MNSSHP that night, so that might now work for some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!