20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
scuba diver said:
Isn't there a maximum Lents to posts? Maybe you can give us just the short list. Better yet, have DW give us the list.

OK, Wise guy! LOL

I believe the above statement is a real contradiction in terms! That is, if your asking by DW to give you a "short" list on my faults!!!! :jumping4:

So I'm glad I don't have the vacation my co-worker booked. He booked a package deal (all inclusive - air, room, meals, etc.) through a travel agent for him, his new wife (married new years day 2004), her 2 kids and his 2 kids. They figured it would be the last chance for them all to go together (one's in college, one is a senior and the other 2 are in High school). They're going to the Dominican Republic leaving from Boston December 18th and returning the 25th so his kids can be home to have Christmas with their 6 year old half-brother. Well, last week their travel agent calls and says the charter company that they use (for EVERYTHING) has closed it's doors (with no notice). They had the option to leave on the 19th and come back on the 26th, but his boys wanted to be with their brother for Christmas night.

So, 3 weeks before their trip, they're scrambling to find something else. Their agent managed to luckily find them a trip to Aruba instead. Not D.R., but it'll do on short notice I guess. This also works out because they booked a park and ride hotel for the night of the 17th in Boston.

I'm glad it's not us. :earseek:

DW4US said:
My project tonight is the digital camera --- we finally got one this summer and suddenly a bunch of our pics are missing off the computer --- I haven't deleted anything off the cards so I'm going to try and re-download them tonight and put them on CD's --- they were also on CD's but I can't find them :earseek: I wonder if it has something to do with using CD-RW's and putting pics on a different times --- do you think it overwrote them? Shouldn't have cause they weren't named the same --- not so sure I love this digital thing --- I'm also like the people on the commercial -- "Where's the pictures?" Any advice from the experts is appreciated!!!!

Have a great day!!!! :flower1:
I wouldn't classify myself as an expert, just with a little experience.

I like to download the pictures and at least rename them to something that makes some sense to you besides a series of alpha-numeric nonsense. I have over written the nonsense number before.

At download, you can delete the ones that are garbage or can not be clean up enough for later use. The one big advantage to digital is that it doesn't cost anything the pictures. Take LOTS, you can always throw them out if you want.

BTW, have you check out the new Paint Shop Pro version 9? Very nice program and extremely easy to use. I have PhotoShop6 and it's not a user friendly.

kpros said:
We are staying at the Embassy Suites near the airport on Dec. 17th. I know that Dancind is as well. Is anyone else? If so, let me know and I will create a list.

Ken

Ken,
We are at the Embassy Suites on the 17th. Sent you a PM

tinksdad said:
BTW, have you check out the new Paint Shop Pro version 9? Very nice program and extremely easy to use. I have PhotoShop6 and it's not a user friendly.

PhotoShop DEFINATELY isn't user friendly. They've been trying to get me to learn it at work for awhile, but I've been putting it off (same reason I haven't loaded AutoCAD 2004 - they change things and move them around everytime and I just don't want to take the time to look for them). I've used it some, but not a lot. I think the computer I had at the time didn't have enough RAM because it was SLOW.

I much prefer AutoCAD to the "pretty" rendering programs (not that you can do much "prettying" in AutoCAD). I hate not having a command prompt to type commands in.

OKAY where is everyone that is staying with us. Was it something my DW DD DS said ????? I have lots of wine too share. I even found a brand with a cork in it. :earboy2: :earboy2: :cool1:
well all_ears hope you drink ALOT if not you will
:rolleyes: :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :earboy2:

no docs yet. is it have something too do with H O R S E S ? ? ?

gaRry

kpros said:
We used Happy Limo several years ago, but this year we are trying Southern Elegance. Their prices were about the same as Happy Limo. Don't know anything else about them, but the reviews I've seen have been good.

Ken

Looking forward to "sharing" the ride Ken. Can't wait to meet more DIS'ers

STACEY are you still at the office????? YOU gots lots of reading too do.

JUST HAD TOO DO IT T O P

gaRry

DW4US said:
My project tonight is the digital camera --- we finally got one this summer and suddenly a bunch of our pics are missing off the computer --- I haven't deleted anything off the cards so I'm going to try and re-download them tonight and put them on CD's --- they were also on CD's but I can't find them :earseek: I wonder if it has something to do with using CD-RW's and putting pics on a different times --- do you think it overwrote them? Shouldn't have cause they weren't named the same --- not so sure I love this digital thing --- I'm also like the people on the commercial -- "Where's the pictures?" Any advice from the experts is appreciated!!!!
Much better to use CD-R and NOT CD-RW for photo archiving. They'll last longer and won't allow you to accidently erase them. You can do a multi-session CD-R - and it will allow you to put pictures on at different times until the disk is full.

What kind of camera - and more importantly - what software are you using.....

Virgil
pirate: TFD

Nice pirate: of the T.O.P. garRy!!!

jhemond said:
PhotoShop DEFINATELY isn't user friendly. They've been trying to get me to learn it at work for awhile, but I've been putting it off (same reason I haven't loaded AutoCAD 2004 - they change things and move them around everytime and I just don't want to take the time to look for them). I've used it some, but not a lot. I think the computer I had at the time didn't have enough RAM because it was SLOW.

I much prefer AutoCAD to the "pretty" rendering programs (not that you can do much "prettying" in AutoCAD). I hate not having a command prompt to type commands in.
Yewwww, AutoCad!

Great program, but you know you're in trouble when the tech schools offer two and three semester programs in "learning" the program......

wdwgoose said:
What Didnot Here Ya Doc
I love the option to put the reason for editing...... you can always make smart*** comments...... like I did above.... :rotfl:

Virgil

tinksdad said:
Yewwww, AutoCad!

Great program, but you know you're in trouble when the tech schools offer two and three semester programs in "learning" the program......

I learned it in high school. I was teaching my college professor things during my first semester at Vermont Tech. Basic AutoCad isn't hard to learn, it's the extra stuff that's tough (like mapping contours and 3-d stuff). Now, Microstation is a tough program to learn (or so I hear) - especially if you learn AutoCad first. If you learn AutoCAD first, you hate Microstation. If you learn Microstation first, you hate AutoCAD. Same sort of programs, just completely different ways to do things.

WVMD said:
What kind of camera - and more importantly - what software are you using.....

Virgil

Nice pirate: of the T.O.P. garRy!!!

It's a Kodak, I've just been using Kodak Easyshare to upload them with --- really haven't messed with them beyond putting them on the computer. I just can't figure out what happened to the one's that are missing --- hopefully I can get them all back from the card and burn a couple of CD's.

I have 12 rolls of film plus two 256mb cards --- hopefully that will be enough pictures!!!!

DW4US said:
It's a Kodak, I've just been using Kodak Easyshare to upload them with --- really haven't messed with them beyond putting them on the computer. I just can't figure out what happened to the one's that are missing --- hopefully I can get them all back from the card and burn a couple of CD's.

I have 12 rolls of film plus two 256mb cards --- hopefully that will be enough pictures!!!!
You can use the Kodak Easyshare software to burn them as photo cds. You can add as you need to. If you need more room on the cards- Shutters will download your pictures to CD for you. I think the cost is $14.95 for each CD.

Virgil

tinksdad said:
Looking forward to "sharing" the ride Ken. Can't wait to meet more DIS'ers

Same here Kevin. See you in the morning on Dec. 18. We will be up bright and early I'm sure - still being on California time at that point.

Embassy Suites gang
kpros
dancind
tinkfan

WVMD said:
You can use the Kodak Easyshare software to burn them as photo cds. You can add as you need to. If you need more room on the cards- Shutters will download your pictures to CD for you. I think the cost is $14.95 for each CD.

Virgil

That's what I'll be doing tonight --- putting them back on the PC and burning CD's --- I might just go ahead and have shutters burn CD's as back-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter