20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

We already have a package reservation for this but given the amazing savings we'll be changing that :D. Most likely gonna do Pop Century.....that will save us $600 on the resi we have today! Will add hopper to it now...…..so we'll be able to move from event to event :)

Very excited about attending another DIS event!!!

Doug :goofy:

I'm very happy that many people think the group prices are so good. Personally, I still think they're insane, but we are very much NOT fans of staying onsite. We'll rent ourselves a nice 3-bedroom house with a pool for less than what the All Star is charging and we'll be very happy there. We'll put the savings toward new APs. Ours expire in December but I don't plan to renew them until August (unless we decide to go down before that).

I'm very happy that many people think the group prices are so good. Personally, I still think they're insane, but we are very much NOT fans of staying onsite. We'll rent ourselves a nice 3-bedroom house with a pool for less than what the All Star is charging and we'll be very happy there. We'll put the savings toward new APs. Ours expire in December but I don't plan to renew them until August (unless we decide to go down before that).

It always comes down to how you value being on site - the perks (ME, Disney transport - not needing a car, 180+10 for ADRs, 60 days FP, EMHs, etc.) - but also just being in the Disney bubble 24/7

Normally we stay off site - as being a family of 5 we value the extra space vs the cost of staying on site in smaller accommodations (and as 5 we don't even fit into Values if we wanted to) and normally have a car anyway as we would drive

But for this we are doing a no kids trip, so just two of us so we can fit in a Value and we can justify the cost of flying (since just 2 tickets vs 5) and thus will benefit from ME. Also will look to do some EMH

basically, having these special rates lets us, for a change, try staying on site (outside of the 2 days I did for the DIS 20th this will be our first time in 5 years staying on site)

But if you don't value any oft he perks and/or put more value on the extra space/need it then even at 20-30% off it won't make sense

Compared to Disney pricing they are good. With AP deals though they can be even less. I’m considering a moderate for this since that pricing is decent. AP deals wouldn’t be out for quite sometime.

So excited this thread is up and I will be watching like a hawk :magnify::magnify::magnify:

Me too!! I joined Disboards- finally after watching the podcast for like 2 years! I joined just because I want the up to date info on this party! We are heading to Disney World Dec. 1 for our 10 yr anniversary and I will be back in May for a girls trip and now August looks like a big year for Disney World trips for me- so excited!!!!

I'm very happy that many people think the group prices are so good. Personally, I still think they're insane, but we are very much NOT fans of staying onsite. We'll rent ourselves a nice 3-bedroom house with a pool for less than what the All Star is charging and we'll be very happy there. We'll put the savings toward new APs. Ours expire in December but I don't plan to renew them until August (unless we decide to go down before that).[/
Hahaha! Can totally relate! My oldest is a Senior in High School right now- she's going to have to get some student loans because Mama needs her Disney fix.
Sorry- I may have put this reply in the wrong spot- I am learning the system. Thanks for understanding.

Me too!! I joined Disboards- finally after watching the podcast for like 2 years! I joined just because I want the up to date info on this party! We are heading to Disney World Dec. 1 for our 10 yr anniversary and I will be back in May for a girls trip and now August looks like a big year for Disney World trips for me- so excited!!!!

Welcome to the Boards!

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so happy to see this thread - even if it's just a "coming soon" teaser.....
can't wait to sign up and can't wait for August to roll around so we all can be there!!!! :)
party:

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so happy to see this thread - even if it's just a "coming soon" teaser.....
can't wait to sign up and can't wait for August to roll around so we all can be there!!!! :)
party:

I’m glad people are as excited as me. This is my first ever solo trip, which means I haven’t got anyone at home who’s that excited about it and to be fair probably already sick of me talking about it. (Especially the DH who’s staying at home with the little one as we’ve got our family WDW in Nov 19)

So it’s lovely to come on here and get all excited about the event :tigger:and discuss all the fun it’s going to be.

I’m glad people are as excited as me. This is my first ever solo trip, which means I haven’t got anyone at home who’s that excited about it and to be fair probably already sick of me talking about it. (Especially the DH who’s staying at home with the little one as we’ve got our family WDW in Nov 19)

So it’s lovely to come on here and get all excited about the event :tigger:and discuss all the fun it’s going to be.

oh i am definitely EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i really can't wait!!!!! and once i finally am able to sign up, i don't know how i'm going to wait until next august!!!!! patience is not one of my strong points!!!

Welcome!

I’m. Keeping everything crossed that @WebmasterJohn is able to release the confirmed Party details on today’s show
:bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip:

Although because it’s on at 6pm (in the UK) I am blaming my lack of focus ,at work, on this. Currently watching the clock, as I always tune in live on my commute home. :boat:

So excited for the meet!!! Now I just have to decide where and when to stay. Those contemporary rates are tempting but since I have a two week trip to Orlando coming up soon I prob should be more budget conscious and go with a value. Decisions decisions!

I’m. Keeping everything crossed that @WebmasterJohn is able to release the confirmed Party details on today’s show
:bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip::hyper::bitelip:

Although because it’s on at 6pm (in the UK) I am blaming my lack of focus ,at work, on this. Currently watching the clock, as I always tune in live on my commute home. :boat:

Not to spoil things if you didn't get to watch yet, but he indicated that:
- tomorrow would be posted the info to be able to book the rooms
- special guests will join the party - members of ACE (the company running Pandora now in the story of the land)
- They have added a live taping at the Contemporary for Sunday, August 11th
- By the end of the week will be posted the info for registering for the event and the party, as well as info for the smaller events

Can't wait to go, just have to decide which resort to book. I'm thinking Pop Century, but not completely sure yet.

Have to start looking for a house to rent. Since it’s August I want to have a pool. I’ll wait until we get back from our upcoming trip next week and then make plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter