2 passengers test positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing! Seems like the cruise line is handling it well. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise at this point based on COVID. You just have to be flexible and know that you may be delayed somewhere and have extra expenses. If that doesn't work for you then cruising is not the right option for you at this time.

Definitely can't wait to hear how all of this ultimately ends.

Thanks for the update! Great overview of what could possibly happen while onboard. It sounds like the cruise line is more than ready to handle this situation and if I was that passenger, I'd without a doubt appreciate the transparency and quick action of everyone involved. She was a great sport about it too!

I'm still ready to cruise. We put a deposit down last night for a sailing in September and as long as that ship sails, we'll be on it.

Thanks for sharing! Seems like the cruise line is handling it well. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise at this point based on COVID. You just have to be flexible and know that you may be delayed somewhere and have extra expenses.
Same here. I'm on Celebrity Edge's June 26th sailing and I'll be watching the next two weeks to see how things go, but I'm just as ready as ever to go--it's actually pretty useful to see how they handle it in the real-world. One thing that it does reinforce for me, though, is that it's important to book a cabin that you'd be willing to quarantine in. Celebrity is only selling Veranda (and better) staterooms on the early sailings anyway, though, so that's not hard.

Consider the ODDS of 2 people having been vaccinated having a break through positive case of Covid. Even if they're related (couple) the sheer incidences of both of them experiencing a "break through" case is so infinestimally small, yet apparently they've both tested positive 2 times now, really the only explanation is that they weren't vaccinated to begin with and again either lied about their status or possess fake or forged vaccination documents. I'll stand by that assertion.

Sorry it is not infinitesimally small. You act like getting COVID19 after having the vaccination is somehow not going to happen. It is going to happen and has happened. It will continue to happen moving forward as well.

Imagine the odds of 9 players and staff all vaccinated on the same team all getting COVID19. Imagine one of them having COVID19, getting the vaccination, and then testing positive again.

Its also more likely that cases would end up in the same family because they are more likely to have the same vaccination and if it were the J&J vaccination (which is what I got) you are only 66% to 72% protected against becoming asymptomatic based what I read from a May new article by CNBC. Not only that because the vaccine is not 100% protective once the first person is sick you now having a breeding ground walking around with you, sleeping by you, every where you turn pushing the envelope on your protection.

Also do we even know if these two individuals are from the US do we? So there is another assumption. So they could have even had Russian or Chinese variants of the COVID19 vaccine which have varying levels of protection.

Exactly. Once again, the vaccine does not prevent transmission. It only alleviates symptoms. You can still be a spreader and you can still get it after vaccination.

This isn't really true. This was the reporting/guidance when the vaccines were first rolling out, because there was no evidence either way on whether the vaccines prevent transmission-- so, better safe than sorry. Since then, real world data finds that they do reduce transmission, very substantially. Nothing is 100%, anything is possible, but they do much more than alleviate symptoms.

Everyone who can- please get vaccinated!

Hopefully just a small speed bump, not a major issue. But people tend to forget that the covid-19 vaccine doesn't stop you from getting covid-19, it just better prepares you to fight it so you don't end up in the hospital or dead.. And it does nothing to stop you from spreading it.
Although now with breakthrough cases where "fully vaccinated" people have died, we have to remember the vaccine is a huge huge help, but not a guarantee.
I'm sure there will be other issues the appear as we start packed thousands of people in the confined spaces of cruise ships/

Whoever said the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission, that is not true. The research is there, and that's why the CDC allows vaccinated to take off the masks around people vaccinated or not, no matter the crowd size. Viral load is diminished with vaccine even if infected. I won't get into that debate cause its not worth it and all the data is out there for anyone to look up. ( Sure some break though but the overwhelming majority don't )

Everyone's gonna have different opinions on it. I'm vaccinated so doesn't really bother me seeing this. They don't have symptoms, and even if they did, could be mild. Covid will never disappear like that. This wouldn't bother me. Being vaccinated, you don't even need to quarantine if around someone who tested positive. I don't know. This just doesn't affect my thoughts on cruising. I'd still be on there. With unvaccinated people also.

To each their own though.

I will say this though. When someone is vaccinated, and they happen to get exposed to Covid, the body goes into fighting it off mode and killing the viral load. You will test positive during this point, the vaccine is doing its job. That is the point of it. The vaccine works. Your viral load at that point is low to the point it doesn't infect someone else. This wouldn't even be caught if testing wasn't mandatory ( Can it happen sure, but more unlikely )

I guess what I am saying is, this is going to happen, and won't ever stop happening.

Same here. I'm on Celebrity Edge's June 26th sailing and I'll be watching the next two weeks to see how things go, but I'm just as ready as ever to go--it's actually pretty useful to see how they handle it in the real-world. One thing that it does reinforce for me, though, is that it's important to book a cabin that you'd be willing to quarantine in. Celebrity is only selling Veranda (and better) staterooms on the early sailings anyway, though, so that's not hard.
I agree with the cabin selection. I've only taken 2 cruises so far in my life (just so many other vacations I want to take too...) but both times I had a balcony cabin and probably wouldn't cruise without a balcony even more now. Just being able to get fresh air is such a benefit. Hope you have a GREAT time and no COVID... :tink: :tink: :tink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts