2 passengers test positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are asymptomatic, I would assume they're vaccinated. As others have said, the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but if you do contract COVID its supposed to reduce the severity of your illness.

Exactly. Once again, the vaccine does not prevent transmission. It only alleviates symptoms. You can still be a spreader and you can still get it after vaccination.

With so many tests on passengers seems that false positives will be common.

And most importantly, what standard of allowed positives is expected on the ships? If they want Zero covid in a world where covid is everywhere that we go then that is unfair and unachievable to expect cruises to be a bubble from the diseases of the world.

I'm going with either they lied about being vaccinated or they used fake vaccine documents.

On exactly what grounds?

On a ship of 600 having 2 people with COVID19 will not be uncommon and does not seem to be some high number. There will absolutely be people who are positive for COVID19.

Heck you had MLB players testing positive after having COVID19 and getting the vaccine and I am highly doubtful they lied about that.

With so many tests on passengers seems that false positives will be common.

Brings up the question they tested positive but wouldn't they test them right again? Did they test them again?

My hope is that if someone comes up positive they don't just lock you up the remainder of the cruise but actually do multiple tests at that point.

Brings up the question they tested positive but wouldn't they test them right again? Did they test them again?

My hope is that if someone comes up positive they don't just lock you up the remainder of the cruise but actually do multiple tests at that point.

Hopefully they have reasonable approaches to all that is to come.
Once sailing resumes I would initially anticipate overly cautious reactions as they will want to protect the ground they have gained of resuming sailing and their business running again.

The CDC really doesn't have any input on this. As someone mentioned above, this cruise was out of Saint Maarten and never comes near the US.
I read the PP's comment as how these positive tests might impact the CDC's thinking for cruises that do leave the US, not that the CDC had jurisdiction over this particular cruise. This cruise is a bit of a test case for everyone to watch and learn from.

I read the PP's comment as how these positive tests might impact the CDC's thinking for cruises that do leave the US, not that the CDC had jurisdiction over this particular cruise. This cruise is a bit of a test case for everyone to watch and learn from.

I don't think the CDC has jurisdiction anywhere, that is why they call them recommendations. They are not necessarily law. Their recommendations can be put into law, however, which has to go through the entire law making process.

One of the above comments indicates that they did test them again and they tested positive the second time as well.

"A spokesperson for Celebrity explained the two positive passengers will remain in St. Maarten until they test negative, and then the cruise line will help them make travel arrangements to go home. "

I love St. Maarten but I wouldnt want to be subject to their government's mandated quarantine.

I read the article written by someone on board. Said the cruise is going on as normal despite the 2 positive cases. Those 2 people are quarantined in their room. Doesn’t sound like anyone else’s cruise is being negatively impacted by the 2 cases.
The correspondent for Points Guy was on the same shore excursion as the two positive cases, and she had to quarantine in her room for several hours while waiting on the results of her test. So yes, others who were identified as close contacts are definitely being impacted.

So Celebrity is sailing with 100% vaccinations and RCL is planning not to? Interesting they aren't keeping the same requirements across their fleets.

I think Celebrity sails with far fewer children, so most if not all of their potential guests would be eligible for the vaccine. I think RCL, like DCL, has more children and so a greater percent of people that might not be vaccinated and that’s leading to the test cruises.

I think Celebrity sails with far fewer children, so most if not all of their potential guests would be eligible for the vaccine. I think RCL, like DCL, has more children and so a greater percent of people that might not be vaccinated and that’s leading to the test cruises.

Agreed-that makes sense!

On exactly what grounds?

On a ship of 600 having 2 people with COVID19 will not be uncommon and does not seem to be some high number. There will absolutely be people who are positive for COVID19.

Heck you had MLB players testing positive after having COVID19 and getting the vaccine and I am highly doubtful they lied about that.
Consider the ODDS of 2 people having been vaccinated having a break through positive case of Covid. Even if they're related (couple) the sheer incidences of both of them experiencing a "break through" case is so infinestimally small, yet apparently they've both tested positive 2 times now, really the only explanation is that they weren't vaccinated to begin with and again either lied about their status or possess fake or forged vaccination documents. I'll stand by that assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter