2+ hour wait at walk-in care!

Soup was great, both for supper last night and lunch today. Update from WIC is that my covid test is negative but the PCR for flu-A came up positive. They aren't giving me an antiviral as those need to be started within 48 hours of symptoms and I've been sick for... 19 days? Anyhow, the flu "treatment" is basically the same as everything else: Rest, drink, take Tylenol/Advil, REST. Oh and keep taking the prednisone!
I would guess you got the flu after having the cold at some point. At least you know what it is. Hope you get better soon.

there was a surprise kettle of homemade chicken soup waiting when I got home!
Cures so many ills, leebee. Wishing you well.

Good reminder for us all to get those flu shots. I have COVID booster appointment now and will do flu shot a week or so later.

2 hours? At least you're not in the UK.
"Our current wait time for a doctor is seven-and-a-half hours. I will estimate that by the time I go home in the morning at 8 o’clock, some of you will still be here waiting for a doctor as the wait will get up to 12 or 13 hours."
https://www.indy100.com/viral/nhs-waiting-times-viral-video
Context, all info I can find is that's for a hospital in the ER. That is not unlike what can happen here.

From the information I could find "Stephanie Lawton, chief operating officer at The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, said: "We are currently experiencing extremely high demand for our emergency care services and have seen a significant increase in attendances in our emergency department."

Additionally from the information I could find: "the area was running out of space and because the hospital was still trying to comply with social distancing where possible."

So I guess what was the point you were trying to make?

When my cousins were little up until they turned older anytime my cousins were sick my aunt would take them to the emergency room even if they had colds and my aunt and uncle would sit and wait and wait in the emergency room for a doctor to see my cousins and when my cousins were examined the doctor would tell my aunt to keep them home and make sure they got rest. But when you look at the general picture the days of seeing a doctor quickly are now a thing of the past. Because with illnesses like flu and colds the doctors have to work fast to get those patients in quickly. But what if you have a broken leg arm ankle or knee or wrist and you need a cast badly? The doctor's offices should have three rooms and one room should be for non serious illnesses such as colds and flu and fevers and the second room would deal with injuries such as broken legs knees arms and anything else like sports injuries and the third room would be for serious illnesses such as heart attacks and strokes. And with a setup like this the doctors would be easier to see rather than wait two hours for. When my mother rarely got sick when she was little my grandmother rarely took her to the doctor because my grandmother had medicine from Watkins that she would make my mom and uncles and aunts take every day. You probably remember this from your childhood as well but Watkins had medicines that worked but do you remember seeing Watkins medicine that was sold in glass bottles shaped like animals like a giraffe but the medicine tasted icky? The way I see it this will be the new way to see the doctors and will be a trend for a long while

I was sick in June with what I thought was some sort of virus - fever, chills, feeling horrible. I was sick for 3 days. I tested for Covid each day and the results were always negative.

Fast forward a few days later and DD19 turns up sick. She tests two days in a row and is negative. On the third day she tests positive for Covid.

I then take a test because I was curious. My results came back positive for Covid. This was around four days after I was feeling better. This was the first and only time I've had Covid.

I then began a lingering cough that lasted at least three weeks. I was constantly coughing. Otherwise, I felt perfectly fine.

Bottom line is I don't really trust negative results from at home Covid tests. From now on I'll just assume I have it if I get sick.

I was sick in June with what I thought was some sort of virus - fever, chills, feeling horrible. I was sick for 3 days. I tested for Covid each day and the results were always negative.

Fast forward a few days later and DD19 turns up sick. She tests two days in a row and is negative. On the third day she tests positive for Covid.

I then take a test because I was curious. My results came back positive for Covid. This was around four days after I was feeling better. This was the first and only time I've had Covid.

I then began a lingering cough that lasted at least three weeks. I was constantly coughing. Otherwise, I felt perfectly fine.

Bottom line is I don't really trust negative results from at home Covid tests. From now on I'll just assume I have it if I get sick.
I suggest you look up rapid tests, omicron, and how they work. Trust isn't the main part of it. Your body however is.

The doctor's offices should have three rooms and one room should be for non serious illnesses such as colds and flu and fevers and the second room would deal with injuries such as broken legs knees arms and anything else like sports injuries and the third room would be for serious illnesses such as heart attacks and strokes. And with a setup like this the doctors would be easier to see rather than wait two hours for.

What?? Heart attacks & strokes wouldn’t be going to a regular doctor’s office. Emergency rooms or urgent care centers triage their patients. The triage nurse screens patients & prioritizes the order patients need to be seen in. Urgent problems like heart attacks are seen immediately. People with non life threatening issues like colds are the least priority & will wait longer. How long you have to wait to be seen has nothing to do with what waiting room you’re sitting in & everything to do with how urgent your health issue is.

Cures so many ills, leebee. Wishing you well.

Good reminder for us all to get those flu shots. I have COVID booster appointment now and will do flu shot a week or so later.
We are doing the same. Might be crazy, but we were concern two vaccines would cause issues. Got the boosters this week.

DW and I got Big M booster AND Flu shots Thursday. Picked up 84yo neighbor (DW and she walk 3-4 times a week together) at airport yesterday and today she went to Walk In with temp. and feeling lousy. She was told to wait in car for 1.5 hours so instead she drove home then back with their approval. COVID Positive for her so we are at await and see????

I make DW's MOM's Vegetable Soup and give neighbor a container or two every time. Yesterday I brought a batch with us to the airport in a cooler so neighbor had ready to eat dinner when we dropped her off.

Just a couple of 72yo geezers here waiting to see if 1973 wedding is actually gonna work out.

One of our local clinic systems allows you to reserve a time in the urgent care clinic. I’ve used this 2 times, and, no I did not have a physician, I did have an APRN, and they were fantastic. My wait both times was literally 2-3 minutes based on my appointment time. Yes, they do indicate that your appointment time can be bumped until later if a true emergency comes in. But to be honest, true emergencies should go to the hospital not the urgent care at a clinic.

How are you feeling @leebee?
Hanging in there, thanks for asking. My chest is still very tight but the coughing has stopped, which makes the headache MUCH better! Tomorrow I start stepping down the prednisone and I'll be glad to do this. I've had a few very strange side effects; doctor's not worried, but it's odd. Slight dizziness and blurred vision (among other things) is making it difficult to grade the lab reports that I need to have done by Tuesday morning. Yes, I'm staying home, but still working, doing what I can. I feel like a hypochondriac, whining about being sick!

Hanging in there, thanks for asking. My chest is still very tight but the coughing has stopped, which makes the headache MUCH better! Tomorrow I start stepping down the prednisone and I'll be glad to do this. I've had a few very strange side effects; doctor's not worried, but it's odd. Slight dizziness and blurred vision (among other things) is making it difficult to grade the lab reports that I need to have done by Tuesday morning. Yes, I'm staying home, but still working, doing what I can. I feel like a hypochondriac, whining about being sick!
Well when it has been 3+ weeks of feeling miserable, we'd all be "whining" too. (you're not whining, being sick stinks!)

Glad to hear you're doing better. Hope the recovery keeps progressing quickly.:flower3:

2 hours? At least you're not in the UK.
"Our current wait time for a doctor is seven-and-a-half hours. I will estimate that by the time I go home in the morning at 8 o’clock, some of you will still be here waiting for a doctor as the wait will get up to 12 or 13 hours."
https://www.indy100.com/viral/nhs-waiting-times-viral-video
Strangely, this hospital is fairly local to me here in the UK and this story has been circulating a lot on the local and national news. This was about a wait in A&E (the equivalent of the ER) at night. Nighttime is often more problematic as lots of people show up under the influence of alcohol and the like. Even then, the wait times aren’t usually so long for A&E - that night was exceptional.

I just got treated at an urgent care centre this weekend and waited 1.5 hours to be seen by a doctor, which I felt was very reasonable all things considered. It’s interesting to know that things aren’t very different in the US, even with a different system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter