2 ADR in one day too much?

SuperMomOf3

Earning My Ears
So this morning was the big day for our ADR. Our 2 must-haves were Toppolinos (breakfast) and Storybook dining. I was trying to be flexible as I knew these two are hard to get ADR so I took whatever was available, especially since we are a family of 5. Luck would have it that I was able to get both but for the same day (last day of our trip). Now I am wondering if this would be too much food (breakfast at 12 and dinner at 7) in one day.Thoughts?
Also, does anyone know how flexible it would be to switch sides from the entrees for my 11 year old (e.g change cauliflower puree to regular mash potatoes for instance)?

Oooh, this is tough to answer as I think what might be fine for some would be too much food for others. For my family, personally, we'd be fine. We do so much walking at Disney that eating at noon we will be hungry again at 7. Especially because both of those are inside the A/C. Often we will skip eating quick-service mid-day if we are doing parks because we're outside and too hot to eat. But with using those two meals as A/C breaks, we would be good. Also, if you're like us, a significant draw of the ADR is the overall experience/characters/etc. - stuff besides the actual eating. We like to tour the resorts, gift shops, etc. and so that adds to making it worthwhile and has nothing to do with the actual food.
I don't know for sure about switching sides, but these restaurants are usually very good about that so I would bet you'll have no problem.

So this morning was the big day for our ADR. Our 2 must-haves were Toppolinos (breakfast) and Storybook dining. I was trying to be flexible as I knew these two are hard to get ADR so I took whatever was available, especially since we are a family of 5. Luck would have it that I was able to get both but for the same day (last day of our trip). Now I am wondering if this would be too much food (breakfast at 12 and dinner at 7) in one day. Thoughts?
Also, does anyone know how flexible it would be to switch sides from the entrees for my 11 year old (e.g change cauliflower puree to regular mash potatoes for instance)?
So "lunch" at 12 pm and "dinner" at 7 pm - probably would fine if they are ones you really want. I don't imagine after Toppolinos you would be so over fed you wouldn't be ready for a dinner at 7.
My question is more about what were your plans that day? Are you going to a park, which one? Are you using Disney transportation, how long will that take if you are also doing a park? TS dining has become less important to us because it is getting more difficult to get a full day worth of park with the current systems in place. I don't want to lose that time. My decision would be made in regards to my plans for the day, not food.

The switch sides - are there mash potatoes on the menu during that meal? If so I don't think you'll have an issue swapping sides. BUT if they don't offer mash potatoes they likely are not going to make them some because they work with what they already offer on the menu.

I agree with PP - while it might not be too much food for the day, getting to and sitting through two TS ADRs is going to take up a big chunk of time during your day. If you weren't planning on doing anything else that day, it might be ok. Personally, I would try to move one of the reservations if you have some flexibility. On our last trip, I was unable to get Topolino's, but used a dining alert site and wound up getting a ton of opening alerts as our trip got closer (particularly a few days to the day before we wanted to dine there).

Thanks for your thoughts. It is our "rest day" right now (we had 1 "rest day" in our plans, which we have moved around based on ADR, and park reservation adjusted). For the rest of the day, our plan would be pool time, exploring resorts, and going to disney springs.

The switch sides - are there mash potatoes on the menu during that meal? If so I don't think you'll have an issue swapping sides. BUT if they don't offer mash potatoes they likely are not going to make them some because they work with what they already offer on the menu.
Yes there is in the kids menu :)

Thanks for your thoughts. It is our "rest day" right now (we had 1 "rest day" in our plans, which we have moved around based on ADR, and park reservation adjusted). For the rest of the day, our plan would be pool time, exploring resorts, and going to disney springs.
Then it sounds like a great day to me!

For many years when our kids were younger we would always book a character or nice meal for breakfast/lunch before we headed out. Was such a wonderful way to end our trips!

One of our last ones we did this was Storybook Dining. We booked the earliest time they had then after we drove off ... to the beach for the weekend before home. Was like dessert of the trip!

Last edited:

I agree with PP - while it might not be too much food for the day, getting to and sitting through two TS ADRs is going to take up a big chunk of time during your day. If you weren't planning on doing anything else that day, it might be ok. Personally, I would try to move one of the reservations if you have some flexibility. On our last trip, I was unable to get Topolino's, but used a dining alert site and wound up getting a ton of opening alerts as our trip got closer (particularly a few days to the day before we wanted to dine there).
Good tip!

Would not be too much for us as we split meals all the time. I would do the same in this situation to enjoy both venues.

I think it depends on your eating habits, your budget and what other activities you have planned for that day. We never looked at eating as taking away from our park time, but I know some others do. Topolino's has a fixed priced breakfast menu ($42/adult) and if you aren't big eaters, that seems pricey to me for some of the menu items such as bagel/cream cheese or the fruit platter. Never eaten there, but perhaps the appeal is the setting as well as the food.

You mentioned not doing a park that day but never indicated what your lunch plans are.

As an off day, it would be fun.
However, 2 TS restaurants in one day is usually too much food for us. We tend to do QS at noon and TS at dinner.

We're contrarians compared with those saying two TS is too much.

We typically eat 3 TS daily, and sometimes 2 of those are character buffets.

All that walking means neither of us goes home weighing more than a pound or two beyond what we weighed upon arriving. We don't eat lightly either, being accustomed to the Deluxe Dining Plan's app-entree-dessert at lunch and dinner.

You know best what will suit your family. If eating wins over rides, you've got my vote. :D

I'm hoping to do 3 days with 2 TS meals per day on our next trip. I like the experience and getting out of the heat. I often feel like QS is chaotic with droves of people looking for tables and trying to figure out where the high chairs are for my child. I'd rather relax at TS meals.
The two meals you just mentioned are character experiences your family will enjoy, I say go for it!

Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. I will keep both reservations and think we will be ok. My kids seem to always be hungry anyways 😀 .
I will keep looking up until my arrival in case someone cancels and I can move the reservation to another time or day.

We plan our meals this way every trip. We always have "the list" of must do restaurants. The one issue is having to leave a park or be later in entering a park due to ADRs. If it is your off day, then its perfect to be honest. Getting two in on an off day is a big win in my book!

We have the same thing our last day we have topolinos for breakfast and dinner at storybook. It's fine as we will do a snack for lunch and 10 hours between meals.

I think it’s fine to have both in one day! I typically will schedule two ADR a day and on my last trip did just this with character breakfast and dinners. They were a big enough gap and we ended up not eating lunch those days because we were still full from breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!