2/01/03 Western

We're with you Bob. My family of five (DS - 11, DD's 10 & 4, DW and myself) will be taking our second cruise also. Only 10 months to go!!! We just did the 4 day Wonder cruise in February.

Hi bc:

Glad to hear you will be joining us (or maybe we are joining you). Our group consists of my wife Debbie, DS Josh 9 and DD Kate 7. We look forward to talking with you again as our trip approaches.

:D Count us in!!! Our family of 3 will be joining you all and we can not wait!!!! So excited!! Our DD is 4 years old and will probably be playing with your daughter (bcburger). This is our first cruise!!
We are flying down on Jan 30 and staying at WL two nights before we head to the pier. We want to do MK atleast one day. Last year our DD was too short for SM and was upset so we figure by next Jan she could ride it. Weather should be pretty pleasant!!! We have been to Cozumel twice in Jan and it was wonderful. I know it is 10 months away,but it will go so fast. Although I don't want to rush my summer cause I am sick of winter!!!!! It is still all I think about and each chance I get I am on these boards. We will have to keep in touch. I will add you guys to my buddy list!!!
Planning is half the fun...................:cool: :cool:

BabyJosie98,

Awesome!!! WL is a great choice. We may be joining you there also. I haven't decided yet, but if we do decide to go down a couple days early, that is where we will stay. We are DVC members and that is our home resort. We love it there.

- Brian (aka - BCBURGNER)

We have never stayed at WL. This past year we stayed at the CRB and loved it. Since we are only going to stay 2 nights before the cruise I thought we would try a Deluxe and something close to MK since that is the only park we will visit. Do you think we can get a decent rate since Jan is still the off season?? I saw that this past Jan they offered some rooms for $139 a night?
Not sure when to start calling for Jan?? I have been watching the travel section of our paper also. I think it is a little early for deals right now. Was weather at Castaway Cay nice this past Feb when you all went on your cruise? I have heard that it can get cool somedays??? Thanks for any info you can give...:D

If you really want to stay at the WL, I would book now at the lowest rate, then keep checking to see if you can get a better deal. If you do, simply cancel your current reservation and rebook with the new lower rate. This way you will be gaurenteed a room no matter what. You may not get $135 though, that is a pretty cheap rate. But hey, you never know.

As far as the weather in early Feb. on Castaway Cay, in the morning when we got off the boat, the breeze was a bit chilly. The water was also a little chilly. However, by 11am, it warmed up nicely and the water was refreshing. There is so much to do and see that we had no trouble spending time outside of the water until it warmed up. We rented bikes, played by the water and played some beach soccer. Later on in the day we did the banana boat ride. I highly recommend this. It is a great value. Riding by the Wonder was awesome. I think next time we are also going to try the parasailing (at least my wife and son are, my daughter and I are chickens).

Count us in! My husband and I will be traveling with our 1 1/2 year old son. We are also bringing along another 9 people with us, mainly adults & teenagers! We are trying to decide if we are going to stay before or after the cruise, but I do know that we are going to try to stay at DVC's Beach Club!

Count us in, DW Kim 35, myself Norm 36, our son Joshua he will be 8 at the time we cruise, we just came back in February, We went with 11 people, and had a ball, we also did the Magic in 2/2000 just the 4 of us, we are counting the days 307.. we also did not book our air with Disney this time and save about $250-$300 on the flights from this past February to next February... See you all real soon..

Norm and Kim Shabarekh

;) Since most of you are past cruisers......................How long does it take to get from WDW to the Pier? We are planning on staying 2 nights at the WL before heading out on Sat morning.
I think I will call and reserve a room now and look for discounts later. This way atleast I have a room held.

It takes about 1.25 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive. We left the Animal Kingdom Lodge at 10am and arrived at the port around 11:20am. Check-in was a breeze and we were on the boat shortly after noon.

We are a family of 4, DS12 & DD4. We did the 7 day Magic in Jan 2001 & had such a great tim ewe want to try the Western this time. Only 10 short months to go.

:D Great!!! We will be first time cruisers and are also excited. We also have a DD that will be 4 when we go. Looks like she will have lots of playmates. How was your weather in January??? Was the ship full and do you see lots of Tux's on the formal nights or are suits ok? Not sure I can get my DH into a Tux??? You know how time flys!!! 10 months will go by quick,but am ready to enjoy my Summer!! Sick of Winter.......:cool: :cool:

We did the 7 day Magic in Feb 2001 and the weather was GREAT! I can't think of a better time of the year to be in 80 degree & sunny weather! The ship was full, but not too packed. My husband wore his tux, but it was not necessary to be in a tux. He just likes the way his fits! Hope that helps! See you in Feb 2003!

I'm so glad you started this thread, DVCBob! :D We also just got back from the Magic in February, and are booked for the 2/1 Western sailing. My wonderful DU agent even got us back in "our" stateroom that I loved so much!! :D It'll be me (then 36) and DS (then almost-7.)

That week on the Magic was the best week of my life, and I can't wait to be back on that big, beautiful ship. We've been back almost 2 months now, and I still dream about it at least a few times a week. Only 303 more days!! :D

-gina-

Just bumping this back up to see if there's anyone new who is sailing with us... It was so much fun meeting other DISers this past cruise, I can't wait to meet some more! Only 267 more days now!! :D

-gina-

Okay, I had to go dig waaaay back to find this thread! We're down to only 7 months -- and as fast as the past few have gone, we'll be there in no time!!

I'm also bumping this back up because a wonderful DIS-er who was supposed to be on our 2/2/02 cruise, but had to cancel, just told me that by Divine Intervention, she and her family were planning on booking the 2/1/03 cruise -- and she didn't even know I was booked on that cruise! I was soooooo disappointed when she had to cancel -- now I'm so excited that we'll finally get to meet on that gorgeous ship! She's Terrye from Alaska -- c'mon out, Terrye!! :)

DS and I are planning on doing things a bit differently this time, if I can afford it. Plans are to fly into MCO that Thursday, rent a car from Avis, stay at one of the All-Stars, and go to Epcot that afternoon/night. Having Epcot wirhdrawals -- especially since we had to cancel our annual December trip this year. The next day, we'll drive down to Cocoa Beach, visit Ron Jon's, and stay at the Radisson (finally!! I've felt so left out LOL.) Relax there with all the other DIS-ers I know will be there, and sail the next morning. :) Is anyone else planning on being at the Radisson the night before?

All the summer stuff will be going on clearance soon... has everyone got their credit cards ready?? LOL

Okay, where are all you 2/1 sailors?? Come out, come out wherever you are! :D

-gina-

DH35, me34, DS8, DD17, FIL & MIL sailing 2/1/03. This will be our 3rd cruise. So looking forward to the Western. We're in a secret porthole room, IN-LAWS are on Deck 6. Don't know if we'll do any excursions yet but they all sound great. Debating whether or not to purchase our own snorkeling equip.

Kim ºOº

by the way... 209 days left!

leave the ship all nice and tidy for you:jester:

You guys seemed to be having some much fun on this thread I just had to join in. I will be thinking of you all as we disembark.

We just finalized our reservations through DVC. We are staying at OKW on Friday night and then after the cruise we are staying at Beach Club for two nights! I think the morning of the cruise, we are going to make a quick stop at the Character Outlet Stores! Only 7 months to go!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter