1st week of March

leaving in 9 days and can't wait either. Staying at the csr for the first time
Hoping for weather in the 70's or 80's while we are there.

We're staying at the CSR too for the first time, too. Hoping for the cabanas but will probably be happy with anything! We leave March 1st and the weather has to be better than Montana!

I just can't wait to see our first character!!!! I am excited to see how my kids react to them. We have dinner ADR at CP the night we arrive so, I thought that would start our trip off fun!!!!

I just can't believe how close we are to being there! Our flight leave on March 1st. We'll be in orlando by lunchtime!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to walk into the MK this trip and have that feeling of perfect contentedness wash over me as I look around for the first time.:cloud9:

I can't wait to see everything! I can't pin down exactly what I can't wait to see - bright colors, characters, funny tourists, smiling CM's, rides, hotel, all of it!

We started taking out clothes on Monday. I have way too much, so I need to weed out! We don't have much organized, so I really need to get to it! Life has been crazy the past few weeks and the craziness isn't letting up until the minute we leave. And the Make A Wish people have not given us any paperwork or any details, for that matter, except our flight times and the name of our hotel. I am a bit of a control freak, and this is making me nuts, but it will all work out! The mystery of it all has actually been pretty entertaining for the family, so it's all good! :cool1:

I'm sure the Make A Wish people will go beyond what you can even think of! That will be so exciting!

I'm looking forward to my DNiece 11's reaction when she starts seeing everything Disney!

I'm doing the whole clothes thing too now. I made us matching t-shirts (her idea) so that she won't lose me in the park. Just 3 though, I hand wash stuff nightly. It takes a couple of min and then can pack less and don't have to wait around doing laundry somewhere. Well, turned into 4 since we needed pirate and princess party t-shirts!

My DN has strep throat! I'm sure she'll be better by the time we leave since she's on penicillin but I hope I don't get it!

Everyone has been getting sick! My daughter is on medication for a sinus infection, my son has had a cold for over a week (and he's immuno-suppressed, so I worry more), my sister just came down with a sore throat and bad cold (and she and I are taking my mom out for her birthday this weekend), and my co-workers are all coughing and sneezing around me! Makes me think I better add cold medication to our toiletry collection for packing, but hopefully none of us will need it!!! Lots of Purell already in the pile!

Oh heck, I bring everything since Florida does something weird to my allergies, probably since Montana is so much drier than Florida. I'm bringing Zicam meltitabs, Airborne, Claritin-D (for me), Zyrtec (for DN), sinus headache meds, and coldeeze lozenges. They have like nyquil, regular cough drops in the gift stores (unfortunately, I know). Zicam usually works just as well for me as nyquil or sudafed.

At least DN is on penicillin NOW so hopefully that'll carry over to the trip a bit and she won't pick up anything.

I've been washing my hands like a fanatic hoping not to pick anything up.

trying for the cabanas too can't wait will be happy with wherever we stay as long as the weather holds out

We arrive on 2/28 and are hoping for the Cabanas section as well. I really wouldn't mind either Cabanas or Casitas, I just don't want Ranchos.

Yeah, I agree with you. Not that the rooms on the inside look that different from the pictures I've seen, but I live in a pretty dry area so hoping for more greenery around where we're staying.

the one time we stayed at the CSR we stayed at in building 7B in the far northeast section of the far northeast building of the 7's and it was a very long walk to the main building. We went in Dec. of 04 and it was only in the 50's during the day (30's at night). Obviously it was not a nice walk back to our room but the CMs were actually driving covered golf carts around and were offering rides.

The weather is looking good for next week. I guess I will pack on Mon. Will it feel cold at night if the temp. is in the 50's? I want to wear my crocs and capris but with a pullover. I don't want to have to wear socks. I can't wait to explore AKL when we get there Fri. night and listen to stories at the fire pit.

My DH says that he would be fine in that temp with Crocs with no socks and a pullover. For me that might be a little cool for Crocs with no socks but I think I am going to pack capris. You could always put a pair of socks in your backpack and put them on if you need them.

1 week from today I will be celebrating my birthday in the Magic Kingdom.

Our youngest DD is starting to get sick but like DH said it would be better for her to go ahead and get it now than early next week. I just hope we are all well when it gets time to leave!!!

You'll love AKL!! One of my favorite things was to sit out on their big balconies with rocking chairs looking over the savannahs after touring for a day. I was there in March when I went two years ago and AKL never felt crowded.

If you have time, talk to the CM's that are there to educate on the animals. The ones I talked to were all from Africa and excited to have the opportunity to talk about their experiences and the animals.

LizAgna, I could not think of anything better for your b-day than to be in the MK. You are going to have such a great day! I am going to pack jeans also because I don't think I would get too hot if it is in the 70's unless I was in AK. Montanazoo, I will definitely take time to sit in the rocking chairs and look out at the savanahs. Especially since I will have a glass of some awesome African wine in my hand. This time next Fri. we will be flying on a plane right now. I don't really like to fly that much but it is only a 1hour and 20min. flight. I hate riding in a car and that would take 11hours.

I'm with you, we have to take two flights (out of Montana unless you go to Denver, Salt Lake or Minneapolis you basically have 2 flights). An hour to Denver and then I think 3 or so to Orlando....I can't even imagine driving! I don't mind flying though, I have to do it for work sometimes. My niece though is freaked out since it's her first flight and asked how long it would take me to drive to Denver if she's too scared. I told her 8 or 9 hours and that isn't happening!

One week from tomorrow for us! So excited! I'm trying to figure out all the last minute stuff at this point like what to get from garden grocer, whether or not I want to surprise her with a gift basket, what I can cram into a suitcase. :)

Only 3 more sleeps! Anyone heard how the crowds are today? Isn't this week supposed to be slower too? I have started getting our clothes out and have capris and jeans with short sleeve shirts and pullovers. My 11yo DD tried on her capris from this past summer and they are all too small. I think she has grown 3 inches since Oct. when she quit gymnastics. I guess practicing for 16 hours a week was burning so many calories that she wasn't growing as much. Now she is almost as tall as me. I hope Old Navy has some spring clothes out.

Had the same situation with my niece. Nothing fit! I packed her up at my sister's house last night. Luckily the stores are just now getting spring/summer stuff in. I got her some capris/shorts at walmart and target and I made shirts for us. :)

Right before I left I made her try on her swimsuits which she was SURE were fine. They weren't fine. New swimsuit too!

I think this is supposed to be the only semi-quiet week of March before the spring breakers really come out in droves. At least that's what I'm hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter