***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I am experiencing Disney Induced Stress. I have been in charge of planning everything for our SisterTrip. It's my sister's first Disney Trip and I want her to love it, but now I'm rethinking EVERYTHING! :crazy2: I've been trying to not overplan and we can figure things out when we get there but... that is NOT how I operate. My husband thinks all my ADRs, CV and MVMCP may be too much. He also thinks two 30yo women at Character Meals won't be fun so... yeah. He's not the biggest Disney fan.

In other news, if you're looking for Disney shirts Target and Kohls have a bunch of cute ones. I may have way too many shirts in relation to park days :rolleyes1

@Iowamomof4 This is going back a bit, but we DO plan on watching the second MVMCP at the dessert viewing spot! :santa: I feel like it puts us in a good position to skedaddle on out after if we're feeling it's time to leave at that point. Or not! lol Won't know for sure until we're living that moment, but I'm thinking that is where we'll watch it regardless. :)

@SilSprBea I am completely and totally in love with your Mousekeeping envelopes!! :love:

trying to catch up after an internet hiatus. . .
that is super awesome of you!!!! Thank you so much!

I'm curious if that is a self-imposed hiatus? I've been thinking how I want to do that. :ssst:

Just popping in to say LESS than 3 weeks now!! :banana::banana:

I was thinking this morning that 3 weeks from today we'll be waking up *IN* Disney. You know that moment when you're just coming out of sleep...and....slowly...it hits you...and you realize...WE'RE AT DISNEY! :cool1::yay::banana: AHHH--can't wait to feel that!!

There really needs to be a name for those moments! Bliss bursts maybe? :rotfl:

That's IT!! I absolutely love it! "I'm blissed out on bliss bursts". "I just had a bliss burst". Yep--perfect! haha :thumbsup2

Thank you so much @BDFmom :flower3: @PlutosUnDr8d :flower3: @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL :flower3: Your kindness is truly appreciated. :flower1:

I'm here! Yep, Dec. 10th arrival for me! I think the first post with the roll call was by someone that is no longer active on this thread so it can't be modified to add everyone.

I've been away from this thread for the last few days. But starting to catch up. @Mintycake that really sucks about your situation. Probably a worst case scenario (with regard to travel plans) to have to deal with right before a trip.

@Talby hopefully things simmer down for you in the near future. This should be a time of excitement and happiness about your upcoming trip. Sorry you have to deal with that right now.

So lately I've turned my attention to cameras/camcorders. I'm really wanting to make a cool home video to document our family's trip. I've never really dabbled with this before so I'm trying to educate myself on the best/easiest video editing software and what the most practical camcorder would be. Anyone have any input on this?

Ohhh....right up my alley! I LOVE this stuff! Pictures/videos are super important to me and I'm SUCH a shutterbug! That said, I'm a total novice when it comes to equipment! haha And I'm seriously very tech challenged. I'll share this with you though in the event any part of it helps. :)

So pre-Disney 2013 trip, I was in the spot you are in, wanting a camcorder, but also in the market for a new camera as well. I went to a local camera specialty store (have some history with those guys and trusted their input). Did you know there is such a thing as a camera that also takes video?! :yay: I did NOT know that, but I'm now the very happy owner of just such a device. I wanted very simple, user friendly, and high-end quality pictures. I ended up with a Canon PowerShot SX50HS. It was a big investment for me personally (WIDE range of prices though!) but I wanted something that would last and last, with the aforementioned qualities. I'm as happy with it today as I was when I first purchased it. The video just stores right on the memory card right along with the photos. To switch modes between taking pics and video, it's a simple push of a button. This thing is the BOMB! I bring tons of memory so I'm not worried about running out. Our last trip was 11 days and I didn't fill up even 1 card and trust me when I say I took GOBS of pics/video! ;)

I would recommend playing around with whatever you end up going with before your family's trip so you get familiar with the features you'll think you'll be using. Nothing worse than a Kodak moment lost because you couldn't figure out how to do what you were trying to do! lol (well, there ARE worse things, but you know what I mean!) I've made a few slideshow DVDs (video/pics set to music) with PhotoDex ProShow Gold. There's a learning curve but I'm quite slow when it comes to this sort of thing and if I can figure it out, anyone can! lol I need to get in gear and make one for DD's high school graduation. They are SUPER fun to make!! :)

:flower1: I just want to say hi to everyone here and wish you all a happy weekend!! :flower1:

Last edited:
@Iowamomof4 This is going back a bit, but we DO plan on watching the second MVMCP at the dessert viewing spot! :santa: I feel like it puts us in a good position to skedaddle on out after if we're feeling it's time to leave at that point. Or not! lol Won't know for sure until we're living that moment, but I'm thinking that is where we'll watch it regardless. :)

@SilSprBea I am completely and totally in love with your Mousekeeping envelopes!! :love:

I'm curious if that is a self-imposed hiatus? I've been thinking how I want to do that. :ssst:

I was thinking this morning that 3 weeks from today we'll be waking up *IN* Disney. You know that moment when you're just coming out of sleep...and....slowly...it hits you...and you realize...WE'RE AT DISNEY! :cool1::yay::banana: AHHH--can't wait to feel that!!

That's IT!! I absolutely love it! "I'm blissed out on bliss bursts". "I just had a bliss burst". Yep--perfect! haha :thumbsup2

Thank you so much @BDFmom :flower3: @PlutosUnDr8d :flower3: @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL :flower3: Your kindness is truly appreciated. :flower1:

Ohhh....right up my alley! I LOVE this stuff! Pictures/videos are super important to me and I'm SUCH a shutterbug! That said, I'm a total novice when it comes to equipment! haha And I'm seriously very tech challenged. I'll share this with you though in the event any part of it helps. :)

So pre-Disney 2013 trip, I was in the spot you are in, wanting a camcorder, but also in the market for a new camera as well. I went to a local camera specialty store (have some history with those guys and trusted their input). Did you know there is such a thing as a camera that also takes video?! :yay: I did NOT know that, but I'm now the very happy owner of just such a device. I wanted very simple, user friendly, and high-end quality pictures. I ended up with a Canon PowerShot SX50HS. It was a big investment for me personally (WIDE range of prices though!) but I wanted something that would last and last, with the aforementioned qualities. I'm as happy with it today as I was when I first purchased it. The video just stores right on the memory card right along with the photos. To switch modes between taking pics and video, it's a simple push of a button. This thing is the BOMB! I bring tons of memory so I'm not worried about running out. Our last trip was 11 days and I didn't fill up even 1 card and trust me when I say I took GOBS of pics/video! ;)

I would recommend playing around with whatever you end up going with before your family's trip so you get familiar with the features you'll think you'll be using. Nothing worse than a Kodak moment lost because you couldn't figure out how to do what you were trying to do! lol (well, there ARE worse things, but you know what I mean!) I've made a few slideshow DVDs (video/pics set to music) with PhotoDex ProShow Gold. There's a learning curve but I'm quite slow when it comes to this sort of thing and if I can figure it out, anyone can! lol I need to get in gear and make one for DD's high school graduation. They are SUPER fun to make!! :)

:flower1: I just want to say hi to everyone here and wish you all a happy weekend!! :flower1:
Thanks for the tips! I'm a complete novice when it comes to cameras. We've only used our smartphones since our kids were born so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm going to take a look at that Canon you recommended. It's a lots more than I was hoping to spend but as you said, quality comes with a price. I do feel like I need to make a decision soon though because as you pointed out, I need to be familiar with it BEFORE we get there. One thing that always annoys me making a purchase without doing a fair amount of research. Just last week our refrigerator kicked the bucket so it had to be replaced in a hurry. So annoying making a $x,000 purchase without having enough time to make an educated decision.

I'm also considering a GoPro. Do you have any experience with them? I like the fact that they are small, durable, waterproof (thinking Kali, Splash Mountain, and maybe resort pool if weather cooperates) and picture quality is also 4K HD on some models.

Thanks for the tips! I'm a complete novice when it comes to cameras. We've only used our smartphones since our kids were born so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm going to take a look at that Canon you recommended. It's a lots more than I was hoping to spend but as you said, quality comes with a price. I do feel like I need to make a decision soon though because as you pointed out, I need to be familiar with it BEFORE we get there. One thing that always annoys me making a purchase without doing a fair amount of research. Just last week our refrigerator kicked the bucket so it had to be replaced in a hurry. So annoying making a $x,000 purchase without having enough time to make an educated decision.

I'm also considering a GoPro. Do you have any experience with them? I like the fact that they are small, durable, waterproof (thinking Kali, Splash Mountain, and maybe resort pool if weather cooperates) and picture quality is also 4K HD on some models.

I went through this in may before a once in lifetime trip to Cuba with my parents. They left Cuba in 1961 and in may they got to back for the first time in 50+ years. I left the kids with my DH for two weeks and went with them. It was so emotional for them to reconnect with the country and family they left behind. I wanted a good COMPACT camera that would do video and photos to capture all the memories. I ended up with the Canon G9-x. It wasn't cheap but I love it and got some really great pictures and videos with it. They have them at Best Buy. You should go check it out. I'm bringing mine to Disney!

I wanted compact camera because it was easier to travel with. We also have a canon digital slr style camera but I find it too bulky for myself to travel with.

We also used a go pro at the beach this summer in waterproof casing (we borrowed it from my cousin). It was fun to take video underwater but overall I find the go pros expensive and not as versatile as the canon g9x that I bought.

::MickeyMo:santa: Secret Santa Reminder:santa:::MinnieMo

Wanted to post a reminder for those who might have missed it. Our group here is doing an ornament exchange Secret Santa! If you would like to participate you can pm me or fb message me your real name, address, and email address, or update the shared Google doc list I made that is posted on our fb page.

I will be generating the pairings using an online tool, and then each person can send their buddy an ornament! Should be fun, I'm looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Can I just whine about how tired I am? I received a call from one of DD1's classmate's mom at 6 am this morning, stating that DD's teacher went into labor at 26 weeks, and now is on hospital bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy.:sad1: What this means is that the kids are still having their Thanksgiving program on Friday 11/18. What this also means is that the teacher assistant needs help with the entire thing. Of course when I heard the news, I was worried so of course I stepped into help, and now I'm regretting that decision. :sad2: I can't back out now.

I just have so much to do prior to going out of town that I feel like I could just fall flat on my face.

I can do this. One day at a time.

Only 17 days till we depart!

Calling @JamieOak and @Meeko5 for GoPro tips ;)

Edit: I find a lot of people recommend Sony RX100. I bought it when my son was born and used it a lot before he was one. Lol! We still use it occasionally now (like special outings or special occasions) but will use it more this trip again. i use the smartphone more too but like the quality of pictures more with the camera of course. :)

Last edited:
Well I've unboxed my GoPro and plugged it in. So all I know at this point is where the charging port is! :laughing: Sorry, I'm not much help on the advice. I have a variety of cameras to choose from as well.

I did just purchase 2 new microSD cards on Amazon and they arrived today. One for the phone and one for the GoPro. Baby steps...

I am experiencing Disney Induced Stress. I have been in charge of planning everything for our SisterTrip. It's my sister's first Disney Trip and I want her to love it, but now I'm rethinking EVERYTHING! :crazy2: I've been trying to not overplan and we can figure things out when we get there but... that is NOT how I operate. My husband thinks all my ADRs, CV and MVMCP may be too much. He also thinks two 30yo women at Character Meals won't be fun so... yeah. He's not the biggest Disney fan.

In other news, if you're looking for Disney shirts Target and Kohls have a bunch of cute ones. I may have way too many shirts in relation to park days :rolleyes1

I don't really know you yet, @SweetMo, but I'm sending you a hug anyway! lol ;) I think rethinking everything is a mandatory party of the planning process. Isn't it fun?! Just my opinion, but I think character meals at ANY age are fun! :)

It was self-imposed--I needed to turn down the "noise" in general, so I took a break from all of it of a couple of days. Then, of course, I have so much to catch up on here!:chat: Keep up your positive attitude, it "Looks" great on you!:flower1:

Haha, yes, this thread really scoots along! I do think it's probably a good thing to unplug now and again. :) Love how you put that "turn down the noise"--thanks for the inspiration! ;) If you feel like sharing what sort of difference it may have made, I would love to hear your thoughts about it. :D

My phone BARELY qualifies as a smart phone! lol I'm sorry about your fridge going on the fritz--that is unfortunate timing!

So many options with electronics these days, which makes it tough to make a decision. o_O I have no personal experience with GoPro. I have a friend who loves his and uses it for high-action stuff--skiing and the like. Unsure of which model he has though? Any interest in checking out Consumer Report for camcorders? That tends to be my go-to when comparison shopping. :-)

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/camcorders/buying-guide.htm

Can I just whine about how tired I am? I received a call from one of DD1's classmate's mom at 6 am this morning, stating that DD's teacher went into labor at 26 weeks, and now is on hospital bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy.:sad1: What this means is that the kids are still having their Thanksgiving program on Friday 11/18. What this also means is that the teacher assistant needs help with the entire thing. Of course when I heard the news, I was worried so of course I stepped into help, and now I'm regretting that decision. :sad2: I can't back out now.

I just have so much to do prior to going out of town that I feel like I could just fall flat on my face.

I can do this. One day at a time.

Only 17 days till we depart!
6AM? what's up with that? I think i wouldn't have even answered the phone? You're great to help, though. Good karma! But way to squeeze in more stress between now and the trip. Best of luck!

Haha, yes, this thread really scoots along! I do think it's probably a good thing to unplug now and again. :) Love how you put that "turn down the noise"--thanks for the inspiration! ;) If you feel like sharing what sort of difference it may have made, I would love to hear your thoughts about it. :D
Certainly! :-)offtopic:FYI: warning: I am an LCSW, or clinical social worker, so I can go on and on about mindfulness, power of your thoughts, etc.! Careful what you wish for!:chat:)
I feel taking a break from outside influences, especially regarding emotionally-charged, hot-button topics, allows me to regain my own awareness of how I am feeling, and lets me focus on self-care. It helps me quiet my mind, regain balance, and regain perspective. It is easy to get wrapped up in all of "it" out there, and forget how much influence we have over ourselves (thoughts, feelings, behavior). It is easier to have peace of mind if you give yourself a chance to be a human BEING instead of a human DOING. Meditation, yoga, breathing, walking, talking to a good friend, whatever works to rejuvenate/ replenish you on a deep (soulful) level helps "turn down the noise":ssst:. Sometimes, limiting technology:badpc: is the quickest way to remember to pay attention to what is going on within. Sometimes it takes more than that. Nature is always a great direct route to allow the mind to settle. Whatever is available and works, I say do it! Hey--for many, it's WDW planning or chatting! It's all good!
Sorry for rambling--you asked, lol! :upsidedow

Certainly! :-)offtopic:FYI: warning: I am an LCSW, or clinical social worker, so I can go on and on about mindfulness, power of your thoughts, etc.! Careful what you wish for!:chat:)
I feel taking a break from outside influences, especially regarding emotionally-charged, hot-button topics, allows me to regain my own awareness of how I am feeling, and lets me focus on self-care. It helps me quiet my mind, regain balance, and regain perspective. It is easy to get wrapped up in all of "it" out there, and forget how much influence we have over ourselves (thoughts, feelings, behavior). It is easier to have peace of mind if you give yourself a chance to be a human BEING instead of a human DOING. Meditation, yoga, breathing, walking, talking to a good friend, whatever works to rejuvenate/ replenish you on a deep (soulful) level helps "turn down the noise":ssst:. Sometimes, limiting technology:badpc: is the quickest way to remember to pay attention to what is going on within. Sometimes it takes more than that. Nature is always a great direct route to allow the mind to settle. Whatever is available and works, I say do it! Hey--for many, it's WDW planning or chatting! It's all good!
Sorry for rambling--you asked, lol! :upsidedow
Donna, is that you?

haha you sound a lot like my old therapist (I know you aren't). She had a horrific tragedy happen in her life and went down the path of addiction again. I had to "break up" with her when she was coming to sessions high. I never confronted her about what I guessed, just told her I felt like I wasn't making progress and wanted to take a break but about a month after she lost her license for her second DUI and her practice is pretty much all gone. But she was a very gentle, spiritual soul and I miss her terribly.

I've been avoiding social media a lot this week because I just do not want to know what is going on in the world nor what people think of it. It sounds babyish but it's self preservation. It's been a rough week for a lot of people.

Woo-Hoo! Magic Bands and Run Disney New Balances both arrived today. This is getting real! Guess now I'll start thinking about packing! DD's room is all done--today was moving her stuff back into her room day. Hubby is in charge of Thanksgiving, so decorating the house and packing is all that's left on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter