***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I found calorie counts for it and it's under 500 calories for the braised pork. that can't be a ginormous portion as it's twice a typical lean cuisine and it must not go super light on the fat (which adds calories without a lot of bulk.. like butter in mashed potatoes or whatever). So I will just order what I want I guess and see how it goes. I think the turkey sandwich looks bigger.
@Lisa F I had the pork at dinner last year and managed to eat all of it. It was smaller than I expected (maybe the size of an Uno deck of cards?). All said, though, it was SUPER good, pretty lean except for one bite, and super tender. I would get it again in a second! :D

we should probably not stray too far into politics on this thread. I think a few of us have expressed grief and that is ok but these kinds of questions are probably best left for PMs. Not chastising you or anything, I have a good answer to this, I just don't think that this is the place to discuss. But those of us here who are grieving deeply for our identity and our future and our children's future do appreciate the support and compassion.
Whoops--I commented generically before seeing this point, but hear, hear. Grief and confusion.:grouphug:

Well today got much cheerier! Got home and had received my new running shoes, 2 books I ordered from Amazon, cat food order from Petco (not that exciting, lol), and the last of my mb decals in the mail! I also stopped at Charming Charlie on my way home. Charming Charlie is probably my MOST DANGEROUS store :rotfl: They always have coupons, plus a loyalty rewards program where I get $5 reward certificates, and I want to buy all of the things! Got a bunch more Christmas jewelry, plus 2 other regular necklaces not shown here, lol.

View attachment 205859

View attachment 205860
:eek: how did I forget there is a Charming Charlies by us??? Lol--that is THE most dangerous store, because you don't need to be any certain size or like a certain color--they have it ALL! Oh, no. . . I see a CC trip in my future.
Love all your loot!!!
PS--I bet the cats thought the cat food order was THE BEST of all!:cat:

Don't think the roll call has a lot of us as is was created before many found this thread. I think @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL doesnt arrive until the 10th.

What r your dates again? I think quite a few of us extend until dec10-12. :) and as @SilSprBea said, @Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL arrives on the 10th.

I'm here! Yep, Dec. 10th arrival for me! I think the first post with the roll call was by someone that is no longer active on this thread so it can't be modified to add everyone.

I've been away from this thread for the last few days. But starting to catch up. @Mintycake that really sucks about your situation. Probably a worst case scenario (with regard to travel plans) to have to deal with right before a trip.

@Talby hopefully things simmer down for you in the near future. This should be a time of excitement and happiness about your upcoming trip. Sorry you have to deal with that right now.

So lately I've turned my attention to cameras/camcorders. I'm really wanting to make a cool home video to document our family's trip. I've never really dabbled with this before so I'm trying to educate myself on the best/easiest video editing software and what the most practical camcorder would be. Anyone have any input on this?

Since the only kind of news I really want to read right now is Disney news, hey look, there's refillable mug news! :rotfl: Honestly, I think it's a great idea to have both options. I think I want a mug with no handle so I can fit it in the water bottle pocket on my park bag, and refill it with water. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...s-with-handles-are-back-at-walt-disney-world/

I'm going to be evil and tell you that you should go! Lol. I love that store so much. And with the Charm Club membership (free) you get points for all your purchases and earn Loyalty Reward vouchers. Such a great store!
Yay for no handle and handle options! I hadn't thought about how much easier it would be to take in my back pack without the handle! :surfweb: Need. More. Coffee.

I second Charming Charlies--it is accessory/purse/jewelry paradise!

Poping in to say 14 days!!!!!
Going to do some shopping this morning to pick up my spirits.

@Mintycake yikes...yikes...yikes!! I'm so glad that you got the travel issue resolved. :flower1::flower1::flower1:

@Talby :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry that your having such an awful time with the ex. Sending you good vibes and strength!!! Thank you for that quote! It proves you are a positive force and I admire you. Good thing will happen! :flower3:

My game plan this weekend is operation clean and watch Disney Movies. The kids and I found the Prep and Landing on YouTube last night! It got use pumped for 12/3! Jingle Bam!:rockband:

Sending warm thoughts and positive vibes to everyone in this thread!

@SilSprBea so sweet of you to think of me! I feel all warm and fuzzy now!:daisy:
I actually was able to change my 9:05 BOG to 8:05 dinner (not sure if that is better, but it might work).
I REALLY appreciate the thought! This group truly is the most considerate and wonderful! pixiedust:

I still have the reservation for 6:45 that I am definitely dropping...PM me to coordinate

Ok I think I am finally ready to clean up my ADR's. I am officially giving up on ROL and I am still searching for a dinner Chef Mickey for 12/6 if anyone has one they don't want. I am posting here first. All are for 3 people:

12/1 Tusker House 6:30
12/2 Chef Mickey 12pm
Chef Mickey 7:20pm
12/3 H&V Minnie Dine (no fantasmic) 5:55
12/4 Teppan Edo 6:50
Akershus 6:45
12/5 Teppan Edo 5:40
12/6 BOG 6:45 PlutosUnDr8D has first dibs on this one

I will hold these through the weekend and will drop on Monday if nobody wants them

@justcin711 I will gladly and appreciatively accept my DIBS :goodvibes on the BOG.
I have never done this "transferring ADR thing" so if you can walk me through it, I appreciate it!!!
YAAAAAYYYYYpixiedust:
I will have an 8:05pm BOG for 2 on 12/6 to give up after I switch ; )))):thanks:

Hi Miss Lisa!! I need to update that on the cancellations thread! @Maryemcd has those now. :santa: Anyone looking for a dessert party though, keep on stalking!! :magnify::cake: People change their plans with those all the time!!

And hi to everyone!! :wave2:
Going through a rough patch at the moment. Good thing those are always temporary and a great Disney vacation is waiting on the other side! :thumbsup2 Some of you may remember I mentioned having some issues with my ex?? It has escalated to the courtroom level and it sucks times a million to the gazillionth power. Heavy stuff and super time-consuming. Should be wrapped up next week though, so the end is in sight!! I'm TERRIBLE company at the moment! lol Hope to be back chatting about all of our exciting last-minute plans/to-do lists before too long! Can you even believe how close it is getting?!?! :yay:

I think you sound like great company! Good luck with the court stuff.:duck: Yay for things to look forward to!!! :grouphug:

Okay quick update. DH confirmed with the cruise ID people he is indeed in good standing so now we have to go to Disney (and we have cc'd every email we have for them since they never answer their phone when you call) and sent them proof etc that he is indeed a real travel agent and he is entitled to the discount because he has jumped through every hoop that Disney has made travel agents jump through to get our discounts. I am so upset. Our family has been through so much in the last 3 years and this is our first vacation since 2014. And to be honest we wouldn't be staying at Beach Club without the discount - guaranteed we'd be offsite or just not going at all. We've always cruised as vacation since the discounts and benefits are great for agents and we've never had an issue with DH's status. But Disney has made us jump through hoops from day one of booking this vacation which has been in January. I can tell you that if DH does not like Disney he will never sell a Disney vacation and he will make sure all his fellow agents know what a bad experience he had. We have 3 weeks to sort this out but this is not the kind of stress I need.

As for the flights, apparantly it can't be resolved before 3 days before we leave. I have half a mind to cancel my flights and rebook independently and just eat the costs - but I really can't afford to do that.
:hug:Wishing you luck and a quick resolution to this stress!pixiedust:

Everything seems sorted. Miscommunication between Disney and the Cruise travel folks :sad2:
Someone must have had a fire lit under their @ss because now they're being extra helpful. DH will pick up his ticket at HS on our first park day and then hopefully I can still score him some FP+ that align with mine for our last MK day (we got his other park days covered with air miles). It seems our hotel reservation will be fine. I'm taking deep breaths with 3 weeks to go. I'm only working one more day with my client next week (glad, because they are starting to wear on me a bit) and I've passed my contract on to a colleague and will still get a referral bonus so that's really great!

Also looks like one of my certifications I've been working on will get done before the trip so that's a nice thing to have completed under my belt before I leave.

I intend to FULLY enjoy this work free weekend (my first in a bit) and we will hit the dollar store for envelopes, Disney stickers (so DD can help me decorate the envelopes), ziplock bags, glow sticks!
Congrats on the resolution! :cool1:

:flower2::flower2::flower2: I'm almost afraid of saying it too much, for fear it will lose it's sincerity, but you all really are the B~E~S~T!! Your kind words, hugs and pixie dust wishes are appreciated so much! :thanks::rockband:

This little gem has gotten me over a lot of bumps in the road. For anyone who might need it...

7c6dd29ffe2fd74252c910907986c2d4.jpg

My catching up on here is spotty, but REALLY looking forward to getting entirely caught up super soon. You all are great therapy! lol Can't believe this is even possible, but I'm even MORE excited than ever for Disney!! :goodvibes
That is wonderful! Just keep swimming!

My OCD likes to be all caught up and to have liked posts/commented before I start babbling again...but....I LOVE that feeling you described! :love: What is it called? It's so many great things rolled into one extra-special thing. That and also the feeling of finally getting an uber-stalked and want-it-so-bad-I-can-taste-it ADR (or when a fellow DISer gets one!!). I want to bottle those! ::yes:: Hmmmmm.....trying to think of clever names for those...

There really needs to be a name for those moments! Bliss bursts maybe? :rotfl:

Man, I just checked out the roll call list on page one....DisneyBelle and I are the last two out...we are going to be pretty lonely at the end consoling each other while you all are living it up. Enjoy the 12/3 jibjab party...raise a glass to us!

Haha, I had been thinking the same thing! I'm the 6th-11th. I just figure seeing everyone post about being there will just amp up my excitement even more! :hyper:

:eek: how did I forget there is a Charming Charlies by us??? Lol--that is THE most dangerous store, because you don't need to be any certain size or like a certain color--they have it ALL! Oh, no. . . I see a CC trip in my future.
Love all your loot!!!
PS--I bet the cats thought the cat food order was THE BEST of all!:cat:

Seriously, it is the most amazing store! But also the most dangerous to my wallet! They really do have everything!

Lol, the cats were thrilled, it was their all-time favorite kinds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter