17th August 2013 Magic in the Med (7nights)

Well, 75 day booking window has arrived! I set my alarm for 4.50am and I was really pleased to get the excursions to Rome and Pompeii we wanted, Palo brunch and an early check in time at the port. Going to try and get 1hours sleep before the usual Monday morning madness. Our cruise is getting closer! :)

It looked like pretty much everything was available this morning. I booked our two excursions (Pompeii and Lerici castle), brunch for the 2nd sea day and the 11am port arrival time. :)

It looked like pretty much everything was available this morning. I booked our two excursions (Pompeii and Lerici castle), brunch for the 2nd sea day and the 11am port arrival time. :)
Yes, I think I was stressing over nothing! However, I'm glad I got everything booked, even if I am dropping on my feet. PTA Committee meeting tonight too at my son's school - I don't think my contribution will be too amazing, I will be lucky to stay awake. Oh well, only another 4 weeks and the kids are off for the summer, yippee!

hi guys,:wave2::wave2:

I haven't been on here for a while and was totally panic struck yesterday when I saw that you've all been booking an arrival time at the port! i don't remember doing this on our bahamas cruise but i guess we must have. we really want to board as early as possible so I had a crazy 10 minutes feeling sick, imagining all the early slots would be gone and kicking myself for being so disorganised!! so I was so relieved to find that there were still 11 O'clock check-ins available - phew! Melt down averted! :yay::yay:

So now I want to book Palo but want to avoid formal night. Does anyone happen to know which nights formal and semi-formal nights will or are likely to be?

Em

hi guys,:wave2::wave2:

I haven't been on here for a while and was totally panic struck yesterday when I saw that you've all been booking an arrival time at the port! i don't remember doing this on our bahamas cruise but i guess we must have. we really want to board as early as possible so I had a crazy 10 minutes feeling sick, imagining all the early slots would be gone and kicking myself for being so disorganised!! so I was so relieved to find that there were still 11 O'clock check-ins available - phew! Melt down averted! :yay::yay:

So now I want to book Palo but want to avoid formal night. Does anyone happen to know which nights formal and semi-formal nights will or are likely to be?

Em

Usually on a 7 nt cruise, formal night is the first sea day. Semi formal seems to vary, usually on the Thursday.

Thanks for that, I think we'll go for the Wednesday night for Palo's then.

When do we get paperwork in the post from Disney? So far I have just had confirmation from our TA.

Thanks for that, I think we'll go for the Wednesday night for Palo's then.

When do we get paperwork in the post from Disney? So far I have just had confirmation from our TA.

Approximately 1 month before the cruise.

I can't wait!!:yay:

Hi! Will the formal/semi-formal nights be confirmed when our paperwork arrives? It would be good to know for sure. Thanks :)

I can't recall if it's listed in the cruise docs but it will definitely be listed in the first day's Navigator. It also lists at a glance the whole week's nightly shows.

If you want to know for sure if it's listed in the docs I would post a new thread. You could also ask on meets threads for upcoming cruises. It's probably too late for the June 8 sailing. At least I'd like to think they're already in Barcelona but it can't hurt to try. :goodvibes
Also try the later June cruises. They should have their docs already though I think June 15 is the start of the longer Med cruises that include Venice & Greece.

Great idea :thumbsup2

I've just asked the question on the post for next week's Cruise, June 15th so fingers crossed someone will reply.

So, talking of formal night, what are people wearing? There was no formal night on the last Disney cruise we went on as it was just 4 nights so I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to wear a long dress and for my DH and boys to wear tux's but will we look over dressed? :confused3

And what about pirate night? Anyone going for a full on pirate costume or is that just for the little ones? We have bought our 2 year old a pirates costume - so cute! pirate: However our 13 year old has said the most he'll stretch to is a t-shirt with a skull design - his days of playing dress up are long gone! It's just not cool :rotfl2:

Great idea :thumbsup2

I've just asked the question on the post for next week's Cruise, June 15th so fingers crossed someone will reply.

So, talking of formal night, what are people wearing? There was no formal night on the last Disney cruise we went on as it was just 4 nights so I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to wear a long dress and for my DH and boys to wear tux's but will we look over dressed? :confused3

And what about pirate night? Anyone going for a full on pirate costume or is that just for the little ones? We have bought our 2 year old a pirates costume - so cute! pirate: However our 13 year old has said the most he'll stretch to is a t-shirt with a skull design - his days of playing dress up are long gone! It's just not cool :rotfl2:

Hi. On my cruise activities page it is showing Thursday as pirate night.

My DH and boys will be wearing tuxedos and I have a long dress to wear for formal night.

For pirate night my 2 and 5 year olds have pirate stuff to wear and the older two will be wearing t-shirts with skull design. I am not sure about DH and I.

Hopefully someone on this weeks cruise will post their Navigators so we can get an idea of event days. We have booked Palo brunch on the second sea day, with any luck my 2 year old will go to the nursery. She's a clingy one!!!

Lisa :yay:

I had a reply from one of the lucky people sailing this Friday:

Hi there - happy to help. The final cruise documents do not have the formal and semi formal nights listed, however, we knew well in advance when ours were. Just call DCL and they can tell you. There was no other information about the European ports of call, just the standard booklet.

So I'll try to get the answer from DCL to confirm which days will be formal/semi formal. First I need to find the number to call from UK, I only have the US number. Or I might ask my travel agent to find out.

From reading various reports I'm guessing it will be formal on the Sunday and semi on the Friday.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about their cruise wardrobe! I think DH must think I'm crazy planning our packing this far ahead! :laundy:

So we r going 2 go for full formal too, at least I now know we won't be alone! DH and I aren't going for the full pirate costumes though - maybe on the next cruise :)

I can't really remember if people tended to dress smart for dinner or not on the last DCL cruise we went on but I think we'll take smart trousers & shirts and dresses for every evening though, I think dressing up makes the cruise feel a bit more special and luxurious.

Hi. On my cruise activities page it is showing Thursday as pirate night.

My DH and boys will be wearing tuxedos and I have a long dress to wear for formal night.

For pirate night my 2 and 5 year olds have pirate stuff to wear and the older two will be wearing t-shirts with skull design. I am not sure about DH and I.

Hopefully someone on this weeks cruise will post their Navigators so we can get an idea of event days. We have booked Palo brunch on the second sea day, with any luck my 2 year old will go to the nursery. She's a clingy one!!!

Lisa :yay:

There is a trip report by Disney Mam titled "June 1st Med Magic" with a link to all the Navigators from that cruise. I have read them all. It looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125277

Does anyone know if there I an FE Exchange on this cruise?

We would love to take part in an FE exchange, we'd never heard of it before but reading people's reports it seems like great fun. How does it get organised?

I have participated in an FE Exchange, but never organized one. I don't know how to go about it. Anyone know how?

I have gotten advice on how to organize an FE Exchange. I would be happy to organize one for our cruise if there is enough interest.

Please PM me with the following info.:

DISboard username, cabin number or GTY, first name of all the people in your cabin, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G), any special cruise celebrations

Here is a thread with some basic info about FE Exchanges:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

Feel free to give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just as many times as you like. Gifts can be homemade or store bought.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts should be delivered by 4pm on Thurs., Aug. 22.

3. You can include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift if you would like, but it is not required.

Here are some items you may want to bring with you for your exchange:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them online on ebay, Etsy, or you can make one yourself. Some people use a canvas bag.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Sometimes they disappear.

4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing.

I will PM the list of participants after the sign up deadline, which is July 22.

This is my first time organizing this, but if you have any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks!:wave2:

Thanks for the link. It looks like there is not a semi formal night then.

No, and DCL confirmed there won't be one on our cruise either. And it seems there's no character breakfast or dessert buffet :sad2:

But on a happier note - Well done and thank you Jeni for organising the FE exchange :thumbsup2
It will add a little more fun and magic 2 the cruise, not to mention that sorting out the FE and the gifts will make the time between now and the cruise go a little faster :)
Anyone making their own FE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!