17th August 2013 Magic in the Med (7nights)

Jenny, my DD is 14, your DD will recognise her by the purple hair! When she finally crawls out of bed each day she will be at the kids' club or 'The Groovy Gang' as DH calls it (courtesy of Only Fools and Horses).

That's what DH and I have been calling the kid's clubs, lol. :)

I hope everyone leaving at the weekend has a safe journey. I am still buried under a mass of clothes that need to be ironed. My MIL is coming Tuesday to watch the children and DH is off Wednesday so I am not panicking too much!!!

Jenny, my DD is 14, your DD will recognise her by the purple hair! When she finally crawls out of bed each day she will be at the kids' club or 'The Groovy Gang' as DH calls it (courtesy of Only Fools and Horses).
That's great! I will tell Chloe to look out for her! Funnily, Chloe had wanted purple hair this summer, but my friend is a hairdresser and gave her a few very subtle highlights instead. To be honest, you can hardly notice them, but she loves it, so fair enough!

Oh my word, I think I may have heart failure I am so excited! We leave tomorrow for Disneyland Paris! I still have loads of things to do and I definitely need to lose about a third of the clothes I had planned to pack, but after nearly a year in the planning, our holidays are practically here! I just looked at the ticker in my post signature and it reminded me that 1 week today we will be on board the Magic!! Safe travels everyone and hopefully I will get to meet you all. I can't wait to get on that boat! Xx

Right, that's us packed, luggage labels on and ready to go to bed......not that I'll sleep as I'm just too excited! This time next week we'll be on board feeling well fed, relaxed and so happy that we've chosen this amazing holiday with the Mouse!

We leave tomorrow for Port Aventura so this is my last post just to wish you all a safe trip. We are really looking forward to meeting you all finally.

See you next week :wave2:

Wow, you're all making me feel so behind! I finished all laundry & cleaned house & got a pedicure today. I'm going now to iron and tomorrow I'll get the bulk of packing done. We fly Wed evening so I can do last minute packing then and get a manicure before heading to the airport. Unfortunately, my job is hard on my hands so no point in getting one this early.
I can't wait!!! :cool1: :hyper: :banana: :yay: :hourglass

Well the cases are out the loft, I have bought my Euros, my trashy magazines and my sweets. Flying Thursday and a couple of nights in Barcelona. Then we have an 11.30am boarding. Stay calm!

Well the cases are out the loft, I have bought my Euros, my trashy magazines and my sweets. Flying Thursday and a couple of nights in Barcelona. Then we have an 11.30am boarding. Stay calm!

Our cases are still in the loft but I have completed about 75% of the ironing. We fly out Thursday lunchtime, we are all so excited. :)

Our bags are by the door. I just finished checking in online for our flight. Boarding passes in the bag. Yay! :cool1: :cheer2:

Our cases are in the hall, 95% packed and checked in. We fly at 7am tomorrow so 3.30am start. But we get almost two whole days in Barcelona. So excited now. Not sure either of us will sleep but going to try for an 8pm bedtime tonight.

Our cases are in the hall, 95% packed and checked in. We fly at 7am tomorrow so 3.30am start. But we get almost two whole days in Barcelona. So excited now. Not sure either of us will sleep but going to try for an 8pm bedtime tonight.

We have been in Barcelona since Wednesday morning. Weather has been great! We were last here in mid September 2010 and its amazing how different the weather can be in just three weeks time. We are at Le Meridien hotel right on La Rambla if anyone else is nearby.

Once on the ship we are in 2114 if anyone else is nearby.

We have been in Barcelona since Wednesday morning. Weather has been great! We were last here in mid September 2010 and its amazing how different the weather can be in just three weeks time. We are at Le Meridien hotel right on La Rambla if anyone else is nearby.

Once on the ship we are in 2114 if anyone else is nearby.

We arrived in Barcelona yesterday. I agree, weather is nice. How was it in 2010? We did a 4 hr tour today with Barcelona Day Tours & had a great time. We were up in Parc Montjuic & could look down over the port. Can't wait to see the beautiful Magic there & board the ship.

Finally arrived home feeling more rested than I think I ever have after a vacation.

We had the most amazing time, right from checking in to getting off the boat, so much so that my little one would rather do a cruise than go to the parks next year.

Thank you to everyone who took part in the fish extender (I will pm later in the week) DS was thrilled to come back and find the gifts each day and it amused our room host no end.

Not saying it was exhausting but we slept for 11 1/2 hours straight at the hotel last night

A big thanks to everyone in the FE group for our super gifts. The children loved getting them.

We had a wonderful cruise and made some amazing memories. :)

Thank you all so much for the terrific gifts in the FE exchange. Everyone was so thoughtful and creative! I truly enjoyed meeting you and seeing you around the ship. This trip was a dream come true for me and I loved every minute of it. All of you made it even more special!

Glad to hear everyone arrived home safely. It was great to meet you all it was nice to bump into familiar faces as we went around the ship (and airport) Thank you all again for your lovely gifts, we really enjoyed taking part in the exchange and would definately do it again on future cruises. Anyone planning another?!

I think we are leaning towards doing another next year. DS is pretty keen and Barcelona is so close that hoping on a plane is easy. Priced up Disneyland Paris and Florida and the cruise is more cost effective by far.

The children would love to do another one next year. I priced up the 12 night cruise in August and it is £10,000 plus flights for the 6 of us. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter