17 nights at Royal Pacific and still didn`t want to leave

you had a long day in the last episode of your trip report!
i bet you all slept like logs that night.

glad you were able to fix the photobucket.
someday you can teach me.

you had a long day in the last episode of your trip report!
i bet you all slept like logs that night.

glad you were able to fix the photobucket.
someday you can teach me.

Oh we all were unconscious in about 5 seconds.......no complaints from young un about us snoring that night!!!!! Not that we do :rolleyes2

With PB........haven`t a clue.....don`t know if I could repeat what I did there to fix it.......thought I had lost everything. I need lessons too :rotfl:

Loving your report! We have been to US twice with the last time being Aug 2012. We are planning another trip in 2015, though wish it were sooner. We are finding ourselves becoming more fond of US than WDW...maybe it is better suited for my kids now that they are teens. Thanks for sharing...looking forward to the rest. Oh, by the way, your Simpsons ride experience was almost like my experience on the HP castle ride...won't go on that again.

Loving your report! We have been to US twice with the last time being Aug 2012. We are planning another trip in 2015, though wish it were sooner. We are finding ourselves becoming more fond of US than WDW...maybe it is better suited for my kids now that they are teens. Thanks for sharing...looking forward to the rest. Oh, by the way, your Simpsons ride experience was almost like my experience on the HP castle ride...won't go on that again.

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Oh I feel your pain on HP.......I'm ok on that as long as I only do it once or twice in a row.......otherwise I would be bad! But never again will I do Simpsons so I understand why you won't do HP again :thumbsup2

Great report....really enjoying the write ups and the photos :) .

I love reading the non-Disney Orlando trip reports! :thumbsup2

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Happy belated birthday by the way.

Can't wait to read more.

Great report....really enjoying the write ups and the photos :) .

I love reading the non-Disney Orlando trip reports! :thumbsup2

Thanks Gina...........this is definitely a non Disney trip report.......some peeps back here are always amazed we don't go to Disney and wonder how we fill our time :rotfl:............. Glad you are enjoying reading it :goodvibes

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Happy belated birthday by the way.

Can't wait to read more.

Thank you very much.........we did have the best time ever.............nice to have you reading along :thumbsup2

some peeps back here are always amazed we don't go to Disney and wonder how we fill our time :rotfl:

We're huge fans of the Seaworld parks, and have the same reaction from our friends. I can't tell you how many times someone has said "if you don't go to Disney when you're in Orlando, what on earth do you do there all week?". *face palm* :faint:

I am not anti-Disney, but we've never understood the mega hype. I guess we are weird that way :) . Its a wonder they let me stick around and still post on the Dis :rolleyes1 .

You have inspired us to do the meal and golf deal at Citywalk on our August 2014 trip. We saw the course on our trip this past August, and wished we had added it to our plans. There is no better way to spend an evening for my fellas than food + mini golf + shopping at the NBA store. lol, just you watch....we'll end up going back and doing it twice during our two week stint!!! :rotfl:

I am not anti-Disney, but we've never understood the mega hype. I guess we are weird that way :) . Its a wonder they let me stick around and still post on the Dis :rolleyes1 .

You have inspired us to do the meal and golf deal at Citywalk on our August 2014 trip. We saw the course on our trip this past August, and wished we had added it to our plans. There is no better way to spend an evening for my fellas than food + mini golf + shopping at the NBA store. lol, just you watch....we'll end up going back and doing it twice during our two week stint!!! :rotfl:

We`re the same Gina, not anti Disney but it`s not for us. We did enjoy Disney the first year but it kinda bored us really quickly.......we have much more fun at Universal.

We really enjoyed the mini golf....I`m not a big fan of it but really enjoyed the universal courses.....both of them.....your plan sounds like a lot of fun :thumbsup2

TUESDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER

We slept amazingly well last night. We had decided to sleep late today and go to the Studios later in the day. But, we forgot to put the do not disturb sign up....and yep.......housekeeping woke us up knocking on the door. Not her fault at all......it was ours. I jumped up and went to the door and told her to give us an hour till we got showered and we would be gone, she said no problem and apologised for disturbing us. So within half an hour or so we were all showered, hair dried (me) and heading for breakfast. Had our usual breakfast and sat and watched some news for a bit and chatted to the staff members. Then headed back down to our room.

We were doing some laundry this morning, so got it all separated out.....mine was already separated......but I sorted theirs out and headed down to the laundry room. It was empty so I filled 2 machines and we went and sat around the pool till machines finished. Boys played some pool and I read a book. It was so peaceful apart from the ducks of course. We headed back to laundry room and put stuff in dryer and went back to Club lounge to just chill out....change of scenery. There was no-one there apart from us. We went on the computers for a bit and read some newspapers in between chatting again. But before long we head down and get our dry clothes. We take them back to our room and leave everything sat at the door as we are moving this afternoon.

Kyle had really enjoyed photo bombing people this trip.......he even started it with me!!

We head out to our car and head to a place called Total Wine near Mall at Millenia. We had bought a lovely bottle of wine for someone as a gift when we were at the Mall the other day, but we were getting another one for a friend to give to someone as a gift....so headed out with me driving. It only takes about 5 minutes to get there. We loved this place.....it had every kind of alcohol you could imagine......it was huge so took us ages to look around properly. There are so many variations and flavors of alcohol we just don`t get in our country.....and so cheap in comparison...we could have spent a small fortune in here if we thought it would have made it back safely. So we get a really nice bottle of wine and a box for the gift and we get a bargain $20 bottle for us and head out before we pick up something else We were going to Ihop for lunch but didn`t want to leave the bottles in the car with the heat so popped them back to hotel and Kyle went in with them and headed back out again......

I had never eaten in Ihop.....ever!! I don`t know why we had never gone. Tom had been in the States in the early 80`s and had loved Ihop so he had always been keen to go back to one, so I said ok I`ll try it, not really expecting to like it very much. We wet to the one at the top of I Drive and it was fairly busy. We had a lovely welcome and ere taken to our table. Nice menu.

We ordered strawberry lemonades.....wow.....they were the nicest soft drinks we ever had...fresh strawberries in the bottom.....delicious!! Told the lady who was serving we would need some more time to decide. I always take ages to decide what I want....every time I think I know what I want.....I see something else........this could take a while

Eventually we decide. Kyle has a chicken sandwich.....no surprise there

I had pancakes with bacon and sausages....they were lush especially when I added syrup

Tom......despite banging on about having pancakes from Ihop for 10 years ordered waffles :confused3 with bacon eggs and sausages

The meals were all truly lovely and ridiculously cheap.......I was a convert......I wanted to go back. I could hear I told you so being whispered behind my back :headache:

I was still early so we headed around to Bed Bath and Beyond.....one of my favourite stores.....I was after 1000 thread sheets.......but today was just going to be looking........we saw loads we liked, but having to be ever mindful of luggage allowance we would have to be careful what we chose. But we did get an idea of what we would be getting. Tom hustled me out before I couldn`t resist and started picking things up to buy!! As if I would!!!

Got back to hotel and checked to see if our room was ready, Kay checked for us and it was. 6th floor and an amazing view....exactly what we wanted

We were so happy with this room and the view....we could have stood there all day!! This trip just keeps getting better and better for all sorts of reasons :hug:

Within 10 minutes our luggage arrived and the young lad remembered us from last year.......we hadn`t seen him this year so again, assumed he had left, but he was still there. It`s nice when people remember you. So we got unpacked properly and everything in it`s place. I got showered again, boys said they were fine........they switched on the weather channel......something of a habit when we are in the States......we also love the adverts for certain medicinal products.....the amount of side effects you can get from some of them is hilarious.....one of them is "fatal death"....lol.....we laugh our socks off at some of them and think we would rather have the ailment!!!

But, I`m ready and we head to the park......we had seen a boat arrive so thought we would take it in........wasn`t busy at all and within a few minutes we were in Citywalk. Even during the day we love it here. There is always such a nice atmosphere and everyone always seems so happy. We walk quite slowly up to the Studios as it`s so hot then we remember we don`t have suncream on as it`s quite late in the day, so we start to walk quicker and there`s no shade till we get inside the park.

Just as we get inside the parade is coming towards us.....couldn`t have timed it better

We stand and watch it for a bit till it passes.....it`s very colourful!! But we want to do DM.......the regular queue is quite long tonight, I think it was 45 minutes......but we got straight on with EP. Such a fun ride and there`s always a dance with a minion on the way out :banana: much to my son`s shame.....I boogie away......I wish I had a picture of his face when his dad joined in :rotfl: We wander around and do it again.....no dancing this time........I can`t remember if we did RRR this time or if it was down.....but we head to Mummy and do that 3 times......it is so much faster tonight, fantastic!! We step into Louies......mainly for a drink but we decide we can`t resist a slice each.....well it would be rude not to........Kyle has cheese and we have a slice of pepperoni.....delicious and freshly made

We take our time and wander around and take some pics

We had done MIB twice by now and they had done Simpsons so we wandered around Krustyland for a bit before heading to ET.

This was practically empty too so straight on then we were heading around to watch the night time show. We had seen this last year a couple of times and really enjoyed it, so we were a bit early but we found a seat just opposite Mels.....it would do till the show started.

When it was about to start, it was very busy but we stood at the back of the crowd that had been stood round the railings, we could still see it ok. Just before it started a 6 foot tall guy with a kid on his shoulder and a massive back pack on his back stood right in front of me..........I couldn`t believe it......his backpack was almost in my face.........I was annoyed. So I tapped him on the shoulder and said I couldn`t see now.....he just looked at me and shrugged.........so I just went and stood in front of him........I`m 5ft 7so it didn`t hamper his view. He never said a word. The show was lovely and we enjoyed it. When it finished I turned to find DH and DS and the guy had gone also. Some people are so rude........

But we headed out of the park and headed back to the hotel.....there was a boat waiting when we passed so we just got it as it was there. We went straight to Orchids lounge. I ordered a Ginger Julep.....I love anything with ginger in it but Tom hates it......one of the few things we both don`t like....Tom had a beer and Kyle his daiquiri. We thought as we had shared a pizza slice earlier it wouldn`t be too greedy to have some sushi......so we ordered Dynamite and Mexican rolls.......they were hot!! But delicious. I did add some wasabi to my pieces too.........ouch!!! But in a good way!!! The sushi from here is delicious.....it`s like a little hidden gem of a place.

We sat for a little while longer until Kyle said he was tired, so headed up to our new room and got settled in. Tom poured us a small glass of the wine we had bought for ourselves....it was ok but wished we had bought another bottle of the other stuff that was a gift........oh well it was drinkable. Put the tv on for a bit and before we knew it we were all asleep.........again we would decide what to do tomorrow......in the morning.

i love pictures that are photo bombed.............!

i agree, rude people suck.
that was quick thinking to stand in front of that man that blocked your view.

Sounds like another great day....I feel like I'm there with you...without all the calories:thumbsup2

Within 10 minutes our luggage arrived and the young lad remembered us from last year.......we hadn`t seen him this year so again, assumed he had left, but he was still there. It`s nice when people remember you. So we got unpacked properly and everything in it`s place. I got showered again, boys said they were fine........they switched on the weather channel......something of a habit when we are in the States......we also love the adverts for certain medicinal products.....the amount of side effects you can get from some of them is hilarious.....one of them is "fatal death"....lol.....we laugh our socks off at some of them and think we would rather have the ailment!!!

That really is hilarious! I love the commercials for all of the depression meds with a side effect of suicidal thoughts....why would you have a depressed person take these???? Ridiculous!

We sat for a little while longer until Kyle said he was tired, so headed up to our new room and got settled in. Tom poured us a small glass of the wine we had bought for ourselves....it was ok but wished we had bought another bottle of the other stuff that was a gift........oh well it was drinkable. Put the tv on for a bit and before we knew it we were all asleep.........again we would decide what to do tomorrow......in the morning.

What a great day, I love how spontaneous your trip is, I'm not much of a planner myself and love just going with the flow of things I find it more enjoyable. Can't wait to read more & love all the photos!

Wow, that picture of you in New York is really fabulous but then all of these shots are great.

I love the idea of deciding what to do right before you do it. It sounds so relaxing.

i love pictures that are photo bombed.............!

i agree, rude people suck.
that was quick thinking to stand in front of that man that blocked your view.

My best photobomb was on the boat going to the parks........Kyle thought it was one of my best anyway.....lol...........yep Tom was proud I didn't give him a piece of my mind.......but he had a little one on his shoulders.........not worth it.

Sounds like another great day....I feel like I'm there with you...without all the calories:thumbsup2

Oh I would happily have shared the calories with you Vicki.........I'm paying for it now!

What a great day, I love how spontaneous your trip is, I'm not much of a planner myself and love just going with the flow of things I find it more enjoyable. Can't wait to read more & love all the photos!

Thanks Nicole.........really glad you are enjoying it :)

Wow, that picture of you in New York is really fabulous but then all of these shots are great.

I love the idea of deciding what to do right before you do it. It sounds so relaxing.

Thank you PG :goodvibes..........yep......we love not planning, it does make for a relaxing trip..........nice to have you reading along :wave2:

You're getting closer...can't wait to relive the first night of HHN in all it's lusciousness.

enjoyed catching up, i'm getting hungry from the pics!

admit to usually being too lazy to leave the resorts to eat offsite but the cheese steak & cake @ Rusteak may break that mold. Where is located? we dine @ red lobster often, never had a bad meal there. penciling in stopping for pre-dinner sushi @ RP too (looks better than emerils).

what a nice birthday for you, love the ring.

You're getting closer...can't wait to relive the first night of HHN in all it's lusciousness.

Lol........yep coming up soon :thumbsup2

enjoyed catching up, i'm getting hungry from the pics!

admit to usually being too lazy to leave the resorts to eat offsite but the cheese steak & cake @ Rusteak may break that mold. Where is located? we dine @ red lobster often, never had a bad meal there. penciling in stopping for pre-dinner sushi @ RP too (looks better than emerils).

what a nice birthday for you, love the ring.

Thank you.....I love the ring....a lot!

Yep sushi in RP is amazing :thumbsup2

RusTeak is in Ocoee........don't ask me to pronounce that as I can't!!! But it's only about a 15-20 minute drive from universal.......we did get directions but it's really easy to find :)

Janet...RusTeak is a wonderful restaurant that's off the tourist path. I've never had a bad experience there so I'm sure you guys would enjoy it. Here's the website:

www.rusteakwinebar.com

You should try it the next time down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter