13 Year old gir declared brain dead has now officially died

Nailah Winkfield said doctors declared her daughter Jahi McMath dead from excessive bleeding and liver failure after an operation to treat an intestinal issue.

Maybe what medical people said might happen finally did :(.

She had surgery for an intestinal issue and died due to excessive bleeding.

Just saw the above post after I posted this...

This is new news so not understanding why it's run it's course???
I started this thread 5 years ago with a discussion about the little girl being kept alive after being declared brain dead. She has now passed. What more is there to say?
I think it has run its course. If you want to keep it going, start a new one.

I started this thread 5 years ago with a discussion about the little girl being kept alive after being declared brain dead. She has now passed. What more is there to say?
I think it has run its course. If you want to keep it going, start a new one.
Just because you started the thread does not mean that you control it. If you do not wish to continue to discuss the matter, I would suggest you unsubscribe from the thread.

Wow. Mean. I was trying to do what I thought was the right thing and show respect for the girl and her family, did not expect to get attacked for it.

Wow. Mean. I was trying to do what I thought was the right thing and show respect for the girl and her family, did not expect to get attacked for it.
Mean? Attack? Not in the least. I'm just pointing out that threads have never been under the control of the original poster. You certainly have the right to voice your opinion but I also feel that you don't have the right to silence those who want to continue to contribute to the thread.

Mean? Attack? Not in the least. I'm just pointing out that threads have never been under the control of the original poster. You certainly have the right to voice your opinion but I also feel that you don't have the right to silence those who want to continue to contribute to the thread.
Nuff said. Bowing out.

I wish the media would stop with the brain dead girl dies. That just helps with the nonsense.
Why not say"brain dead girl's body taken off machines?

Probably out of respect to her mother and all the others who think some part of her was still in there.

People who watch, Supernatural, may think of the theory that her ghost's spirit might have been still tethered to her body all this time and stuck on Earth. . . the body was kept unnaturally functioning all this time. :headache: Who's to know what really happens? Hopefully now, both her spirit & body can rest in peace.

Last edited:
This thread got bumped up and I read about 85% of it (skipped through some pages from early to mid 2014).

Organ donation is a very personal decision. I am an organ donor on my DL my husband is not. It doesn't mean we wouldn't ever donate his organs but the first point of permission of a DL is not granted for him. I think it's a wonderful beautiful thing to do to donate your organs but I will not judge someone who opts not to. I don't know if the parents would have considered donation if they truly thought she was dead at that point so I can't say 'all the children she could have saved'. Organ donation is a choice not an obligation.

As for carrying on for years: My heart breaks for multiple reasons. The sliver of hope and conviction that she was alive that they must have felt, combined with feeling incredible sick thinking about decomp, to concerns over if they were truly in it for their own hearts or for more base things like money world-wide sympathy.

All these cases over the years just makes me never ever want to be in that position they've been in. It's a thought I've had though, as I am the wife what will my mother-in-law or my father-in-law think of me and any choice I make, what will I think of myself, and what will my kids think when the time comes to have them, what will my family think of me should I be in that position for my husband and apply that same logic to my kids..gah seriously :(

All that being said case by case for me and how I feel in these situations and for this one in particular..my wish is that they had let her go much earlier on.

You know, information regardless, I find it dumbfounding that a highly charged thread could top 100 pages and NOT be locked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter