12 year old activities

Jesslm80

Mouseketeer
We cruised on the Dream with a 4 (DD) and 8 year (DS) old and now are cruising with an 8 and 12 year old on the Fantasy (7 day eastern). We are cruising with another family with kids the same age. I’m not to concerned about my 8 year old, more so my 12 year old son. What did your 12 year old enjoy doing on this cruise? And at Tortola and St. Thomas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
My 12 year old was all about the Edge. He tried the lab and refused to go back because it was all little kids.

There are movies and mini-golf that the kids might like, as well as the independence of getting ice cream and burgers whenever. There's also the Detective game (what's that called again?)

As for the ports, we did the dolphins in Tortola, but I don't think they're there now. Try the baths maybe? We did the snorkeling on St. Thomas. The second year, we did the beach on St. Thomas instead and we liked it better.

I have an 11 year old and she loves that she can go to Edge and the Club/Lab. She also loves going to the movies with the friends she makes on the ship (either in the theater or on funnel vision). In Tortola we did the Baths on our own and she loved it. We went on a catamaran and did snorkeling in St. Thomas which was also a lot of fun. On the ship she also likes to do the crafts, some of the game show type things, and the Mickey 200.

I also have a 12 and 8 YO. They mostly play on the sports deck with countless other kids in this age range. Neither of them like the club/lab any more.

Every time I suggest that the 12YO might be getting too old for a Disney cruise, he denies it.

I also have a 12 and 8 YO. They mostly play on the sports deck with countless other kids in this age range. Neither of them like the club/lab any more.

Every time I suggest that the 12YO might be getting too old for a Disney cruise, he denies it.

Considering there are plenty of adult-only parties on here who love DCL...he's not wrong.

My daughter went at 12 and had a great time at the Edge. Make sure they go the first night for ice breakers to get to know everyone.

My DD loved her first experience in Edge as an 11-year-old last Feb and is looking forward to being back there in just 47 days as a now 12-year-old! This was a real test for me as a mom because being able to come and go from Edge was a new dose of independence for her. She participated in lots of group events-onboard scavenger hunts, multiple flash mobs, a dance performance taught by some of the Disney stage dancers, etc. On Castaway Cay she was doing activities with the group from Edge all day. Invading the teen hide-out was one of her favs! She is still in contact with the kids she met. Overall great experience:goodvibes

Enjoy your cruise!

-Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!